UGL Services

Be The First To
Add Photos

UGL Services President and Chief Executive David Montross

David Montross

good company, some great people to work with, overall a positive experience

I have been working at UGL Services

ProsLarge international organization with global name recognition/presence.

ConsVery poor training/continuing education to help support and grow its brokers.

Advice to Senior Managementcreate more continuing education opportunities to help facilitate experience sharing and promote growth, success, and a stronger overall team.

Not a great experience

Senior Vice President (Former Employee)

I worked at UGL Services full-time for more than 3 years

ProsExecutives were always very helpful. They were always willing to take time to help me learn. They would sometimes surprise us with free lunches or breakfast.

ConsThe position gives no valuable real world experience. It was mainly clerical work day to day. All cold calling and I had to use my own gas to get to each office.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive more valuable work experience to your college level interns.

Strange Work Environment

Lease Administrator (Former Employee)
Englewood, CO

I worked at UGL Services for less than a year

ProsThe office, in general, was managed very professionally. Individual departments had strange dynamics, especially the Lease Administration department in the DTC. Talking, even work related, was discouraged. Newer employees referred to the area as "the morgue". Local management lives in fear of managers from the Chicago office. No support is given to employees from DTC management.

ConsLocal managment needs a great deal of change in order for this place to be a better place to work. The DTC manager of lease administrators on the Qwest account is very insecure and lacks management skills. Obvious favoritism is shown to employees who have been there for a number of years. New people are left on there own to figure out systems and processes with very little training.

Advice to Senior ManagementSecure strong management who also possesses leadership skills. The current management in place is counter productive to the purpose of serving the client accounts.

Employee but independent

Senior Project Manager (Former Employee)
Chicago, IL

I worked at UGL Services full-time for more than a year

ProsFreedom to do work, level of professionalism, large company with resources

ConsLack of senior management, poor pay structure, little attention paid to under performing team members, unclear bonus and pay advances

No room for growth

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at UGL Services full-time for more than 5 years

ProsEntrepreneurial environment, interesting people, and

ConsHorrible benefits, immature Human Resources, gossipy employees, and no real reward for doing good work. VPs get promoted quickly while middle of the road workers' contributions are overlooked.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to lower level employees and implement growth and development plans to reduce high turnover.

Within a year after takeover

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at UGL Services full-time for more than 8 years

ProsJust bought by a larger company and career opportunities were improved

ConsSenior Management was left unchanged and many were terrible at managing

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your support staff better

It was a beneficial experience for me while being in college, but I didn't see much room for growth.

Commercial Real Estate Brokerage Intern (Former Employee)
Denver, CO

I worked at UGL Services

ProsMy managers were very helpful and flexible in teaching me what I needed to do. The whole experience was very pleasant because of an active and fun work environment and very nice and sincere people.

ConsThey never really challenged me. They would give me a lot of busy work and would get too caught up in what they were doing to actually take the time and designate bit tasks for me

Advice to Senior ManagementChallenge your employees more and consider a base salary to compensate for the competitive commission based system.

For those who work hard, desire a platform for self-motivated unobstructed growth in CRE, this is it.

I have been working at UGL Services

ProsA fabulous platform for developing skill set and enhancing one's industry capabilities if one is willing to work not delegate. A non-competitive internal environment that is prime for growth- no hand holding or micro-managing for those who seize opportunity to shine rather than wait for someone to lead them. Bring your solid industry experience and your value increases 100-fold. One of the only occupier focused firms let that truly offers an entrepreneurial environment.

ConsSupport to broker ratio is too low, need for industry experienced administrative professionals.

If you want to be treated like an idiot from incompetent senior management then work here.

Assistant (Former Employee)

I worked at UGL Services

ProsGood location for public transportation and you learn how to deal with every obscure personality type out there.

ConsNo advocacy from management, complete and utter disrespect for their employees, no appreciation for quality employees. Upper management acts threatened by competent employees. Certain rules only apply to certain people. Poor internal communication. The list could go on...

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your support staff and remedy the issues.

Boring, Unpaid, Didn't learn much at all

Marketing Intern (Former Employee)
Austin, TX

I worked at UGL Services

Pros- good filler for my resume during college

Cons- UNPAID
- job mainly consisted of cold calling

Worked for UGL Services? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at UGL Services reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for UGL Services CEO David Montross. All 23 reviews posted anonymously by UGL Services employees.