UHS-Pruitt

Be The First To
Add Photos

UHS-Pruitt Chairman and CEO Neil Pruitt

Neil Pruitt

Too many in upper management..

I have been working at UHS-Pruitt for more than 8 years

ProsA lot of experience and knowledge can be gained from this company IF you are able to get connected to the right people.

ConsThere are too many "leaders" that do not lead. Some only focus on numbers and do not care what it takes to achieve success. There is always a parade of consultants in the building that give conflicting information and it leaves the staff confused and not knowing where to turn next. There is way too much "micromanaging" in the areas that are running OK and NO management when things are falling apart.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet to know your staff and really listen to their concerns. Until you have been in their shoes you have no ides why some of the expectations are unachievable! Do not be so quick to judge issues until they have been thoroughly analyzed for the cause. Stop with all the knee-jerk reactions and get back to taking care of the patients.

They have a lot of rules/regulations, they seem to be fair

N/A (Current Employee)

I have been working at UHS-Pruitt full-time for less than a year

ProsThey have good insurance available, The D.O.N. is great!

ConsPay is not based on experience, they have alot they would like staff to accomplish, but give no extra help to complete the tasks

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed Unit Managers on all shifts, need a receptionist to answer calls, not just random staff, revamp the pharmacy dept. they really need a leader and someone who is going to monitor them for Q.A. they leave a lot to be desired.

Well there are good things and not so good things

Patient Care Coordinator (Current Employee)
Norcross, GA

ProsHealth Insurance has reasonable copays

ConsOffice level administrative staffing known to not be set up to meet goals, but no plans to change due to cost; Resources & processes to obtain signed orders very inadequate; VP seems to have a don't rock the boat and a yes, yes style with upper management and pressures the office for goals with out exploring and advocating to seniors.

Advice to Senior ManagementEvaluate what marketers are doing at point of referrals to see if opportunity for operations to get signed orders easier/faster

We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

In the last year and a half not a positive work environment, lots of turnover. Too much change & poor enforcement.

Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee)
Swainsboro, GA

I worked at UHS-Pruitt full-time for more than 5 years

ProsHas capability to be better resource if company would consider quality care management as opposed to quantity in building census. If you offer a quality program the program will grow. Hire better qualified employees. Hold employees to the task.

Conspoor management, policies not adhered to, rules apply only to some employees, inconsistent, poor quality care, quantity over quality, too much 'play time, phone time',

Advice to Senior Managementbe more consistent program wide, do not show favoritism, hold all employees to a higher standard

My experience was quite Challenging. Looked forward to serving each day as the role of Accounts Receivable Coordinator

A/R COORDINATOR (Former Employee)
Atlanta, GA

I worked at UHS-Pruitt full-time for more than a year

ProsExcited about day-to-day operations; challenging about turning denials to approvals

ConsThe job was over-loading. The commute too far.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagers should have more hands-on, and know the job description for each employee in his/her down-line

No Credit for DHS or nurse management

Nursing Managemenr (Current Employee)
Atlanta, GA

I have been working at UHS-Pruitt full-time for more than 3 years

ProsTo gain some experience and learn how under appreciated the entire Nursing Dept is and how they are treated. All the credit goes to the Administrator when the DHS does all the work.

ConsTreat nurses like crap even the best ones. Who dedicate their entire life to their building. Everything good that happens credit goes to administrator, when nursing does al the work.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive your DHS, ADHS AND RN SUPERVISORS the credit they deserve.

– I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company

No raises, no weekend pay, no way t earn more pay or recognition for a job well done.

CNA (Current Employee)
Brevard, NC

I have been working at UHS-Pruitt full-time for more than a year

ProsThe few staff members that actually cared about doing a good job makes it bearable.

ConsThe negativity and micromanaging of the staff is smothering me. The company is understaffing the facility with no intention of filling staffing holes (probably to save wage expenses). Nonworking or missing equipment is a daily battle. There are no incentives to do a better job or even try harder - nobody who is a terrible caregiver ever gets fired (unless of course they are a no call/no show three or four times.) What a mess!

On the outside, looks like a great company, but on the inside, there are substantial issues.

Administrator (Current Employee)

I have been working at UHS-Pruitt full-time for more than a year

ProsThe therapy staff is paid very well. The corporate office is very well maintained, aesthetically pleasing and is very functional.

ConsVery disorganized, terrible benefits, quite a bit of nepotism and senior managers appointed to their positions without a great deal of experience. Very high turn-over due to employee dissatisfaction with work conditions, pay, lack of benefits and only 1 paid holiday per year.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire senior managers based on their qualifications and experience, not by who they know. Improve work conditions for the employees in the trenches and listen to their feedback. They are the core of your business. The behavior of senior managers at off site meetings sets a terrible example to the rest of the company and opens the company up to unnecessary liabilities. Spend a little less on alcohol and more on employee benefits!

Horrible!!!

Admissions Director (Former Employee)
Winston-Salem, NC

I worked at UHS-Pruitt full-time for more than 3 years

ProsBest paying company if all you want in pay. The stress will kill you.

ConsAwful micromanagement!!! Everybody tells you some different to do but no one earns up to it.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive your employees the tools to be efficient in their required jobs,

Worst Place I Have Ever Worked In My Life and I have worked at a lot of places

Information Systems (Former Employee)
Norcross, GA

I worked at UHS-Pruitt full-time for more than 3 years

ProsDue to extremely high turnover and incompetent management, it is very easy to get your first job here. Once hired, learn as much as you can, and take that knowledge and experience to a company that respects their employees and that is fair.

ConsToo many to mention. First the pay sucks. Second, management's total disrespect for their employees. Third--- Good Ole Boy Environment, Fourth: It is sad to say, but it is the employees that work the hardest and longest, that get the most disrespect. The owner or one of his manager buddies will do what he has to do, even ruin your career, if he has to , to give your job to one of his incompetent friends. Fifth, you may have to get the Labor Board involved to get your last check. Sixth, I have seen several excellent employees, with stellar experience and resumes walk off this job, even though they had not yet secured another job to go to ---- That for me says a lot.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe ridiculously high turnover and disrespect for your employees is hurting your bottom line.
This could be a great place to work, but in order to that the executive mind set has to change just in regards to how you treat people; then you have to learn to treat your employees fair and with respect.

Worked for UHS-Pruitt? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at UHS-Pruitt reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for UHS-Pruitt CEO Neil Pruitt. All 49 reviews posted anonymously by UHS-Pruitt employees.