UHY Advisors

UHY Advisors Reviews

Updated Jul 29, 2014

UHY Advisors Co-CEO Anthony Frabotta

Anthony Frabotta

Pros
  • Good work life balance compared to big 4 (in 5 reviews)

• Definitely a good alternative to the Big 4 (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • I've worked some long hours at times (in 8 reviews)

• Everyone has heard of the Big 4 accounting firms, very few have ever heard of UHY (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

Great Firm for Strong Performers

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsTalent is appreciated and recognized. Not alot of micromanagement. The firm appreciates people who take initiative - they make it easy to do so and encourage it. PTO is very healthy.

ConsLess "support" than you would see with a larger firm (training, policies, etc.) Benefit to some, drawback for others. Benefits are competitive, but not impressive. Difficult environment for those looking for a checklist or formal career path.

Good

ProsGreat people to work with

ConsYou never know when you are getting off

Advice to Senior Managementnone

Very dissatifsying

Tax (Former Employee) Houston, TX

ProsPersonal growth, management is very arrogant

ConsLeadership, very stressful job, your input is not valued

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider treating all employees equally; management need to provide more guidance and training to first year staff

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

bad experience

Staff Auditor (Former Employee) New York, NY

Prosyou will learn something in short period of time. compensation is competitive in comparison with other firms. Conveniently located in midtown.

ConsNO support or guidance, no training, policies at all. People divided by groups. Very difficult to adjust for new people because work environment is very disgusting. Seniors do not have much experience, they do not want to be bothered with questions.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement should allow staff to review seniors which will help to improve their performance.

First Rate Accounting and Auditing company

I T Service (Current Employee) San Juan, PR

ProsThis privately owned professional accounting and auditing firm is a company with friendly management and owners. They provide competitive salaries and a wide variety of opportunities within the accounting and auditing field. They are committed to keeping up with the latest accounting methods and laws and have frequent seminars to help in this.One of the few accounting firms that can handles both U.S. and P.R. tax returns.

ConsThe hours can be demanding especially around tax time. While the tax preparers work almost entirely in the office, auditors frequently have to drive fairly long distances as much of the auditing work is in the client premises.

Advice to Senior ManagementStrive to work more closely with I.T.

Good for what it was

ProsPay was okay for job assignment

ConsUncertainty the comes with contracting

Advice to Senior ManagementMore support for team

Turnover like a revolving door.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood starting point for CPA candidates.
    Training was okay.
    One nice thing was Saturday catered meals during tax season and other treats.

Consemployees are interchangeable pegs in a hole; it's all about the bottom line and profits that will be shared by the partners.

UHY experience

Senior Auditor (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsExposure to various markets, great people, competitive pay, ease to move up corporate spectrum, opportunity for a good work/life balance. Busy season is typically 55 hr work week as compared to hours worked in big 4. You have the opportunity to shape your career.

ConsIt's public accounting so the hours are longer during Jan-April. Sometimes you can get stuck working in one industry for the entire busy season. Other than that I can't think of many complaints.

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Part-time HR employee

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsVery friendly and relaxed environment with an "open door policy". Fast growing company with lots of potential. Always look out for everyones best interest. Fun place to work, lots of social events to build employee relationships outside the office.

ConsHard to find any off the top of my head. Does not have the number of employees that Big Four accounting firms have which makes them look less desirable even though they are just as professional and competitive.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone

Great firm to control your destiny. Your hard work is noticed and is valued!!

Administrative Position (Current Employee) Detroit, MI

ProsYour co-workers and the firm goes out of their way to take care of their employees. Treated well and feel a part of the team. I feel they listen to their employees feedback.

ConsI've worked some long hours at times. Be more timely on information.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore management training is needed

Worked for UHY Advisors? Contribute to the Community!