UHY LLP Reviews

Reset
3.5
UHY LLP Co-CEO Anthony Frabotta
Anthony Frabotta

Pros
  • Very good work/life balance for public accounting, Good Bonus (in 6 reviews)

• Definitely a good alternative to the Big 4 (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Long hours, overworks talented employees, busy throughout the year (in 8 reviews)

• Diverse clients, but most much smaller than what you would see at big 4 (in 5 reviews)

UHY rocks.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Pros

It is an ethical and friendly place to work. UHY treats cleints and employees with great respect and loyalty.

Cons

The location and the difficult Houston area traffic/commutes.

Advice to Management

Training for managers that are not within the professional staff areas, such as in the administrative department.

2. Growing firm ready to challenge the supremacy of Big Four culture.

Current Employee - Staff Accountant in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Staff Accountant in Houston, TX

Pros

Growing company is pulling out all the stops to recruit top talent. The money is good, the managers are good, the total compensation is great! People are happy to work long days and weeks when the partners and managers are working harder and longer than you. They lead the way.

Cons

Lack of recognition outside of accounting industry. We are constantly compared to the Big 4. Everyone has heard of the Big 4 accounting firms, very few have ever heard of UHY.

Advice to Management

Keep leading by example.

Great work life balance, supporting managers and staff

Former Employee - Audit Intern in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Audit Intern in Houston, TX

Pros

Overtime pay for all employees. Supportive staff, seniors, and managers. As an intern, I was treated just like a new hire. There were occasional department happy hours and the per diem for meals per day and hotel were very reasonable during my travel.

Cons

I felt like the amount of projects were less than the available staff during my internship time there. There may be an unspoken code just like at any other company in which if you are on good terms with or know manage, then you are more likely to be picked up for a job/project rather than be unassigned at the office.

Advice to Management

It would be nice if staff were not unassigned for periods of more than 2 weeks. Even being unassigned for 1 week feels long. I'd much rather be on a project.

Awesome Place to Work

Former Employee - Staff Accountant in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Staff Accountant in Houston, TX

I worked at UHY LLP full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great people helping you every step of your career. Ive been here forever. I love it. Good opportinites and good people

Cons

Local, Growth opportunities in some departments, billboards are not so good and professional. Would like to see a updated look.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

6. Helping me develop and grow the career of my dreams.

Current Employee - Senior Staff Auditor in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Staff Auditor in Houston, TX

I have been working at UHY LLP full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

As a recent graduate, I have had the opportunity to work on a very diversified portfolio of clientele (private, public, energy, international, and various others) in less than a year. UHY recognizes the core values of hard work, customer service, entrepreneurial spirit, and work-life balance. A professor of mine once said, "Find the job that makes you excited to go to work everyday." Not only am I excited about going to work everyday, but I have the ability to help client's achieve their dreams on day to day basis. UHY is unlike other larger firms, in that they hire there people for the long-term; the firm trains and develops its future business leaders.

Cons

UHY provides opportunity for those who choose to seek it. I have been very satisfied about what opportunities I have received.

Advice to Management

Keeping sharing the importance of what every team member provides to the team. Most importantly remind us of how our work at the field level corresponds to this firm's future.

Great firm with great people

Current Employee - Senior Staff Accountant in Houston, TX

I have been working at UHY LLP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

UHY provides a great working atmosphere. Everyone from Partners down are all very friendly and really make their staff feel appreciated. Employees are very well compensated through salary and bonuses. Overall it's a great place to work.

Cons

It's public accounting which can create long hours. You have to input time on a very detailed level which can be quite tedious.

8. Great Place to Work

Current Employee - Senior Staff Accountant in Houston, TX

I have been working at UHY LLP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

UHY is a great place to work. There are opportunities everywhere for personal growth. UHY provides the best of two worlds in the public accounting arena. Its mid-market position gives you the opportunity to work on large projects/ companies which helps to gain high level experience while the working environment is like that of a smaller firm. Staff have chances to work directly with partners. Partner's doors are alway open.

Cons

As with most public accounting firms, there are long hours. Busy times are busy and a lot of hours are required. But there is down time as well. Management is very understanding of staff taking time off during down time.

Perfect to balance public accounting career and enjoy your life

Current Employee - Senior Auditor in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Auditor in Houston, TX

I have been working at UHY LLP full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

UHY is a good place to start or continue career in public accounting (I know as prior to UHY I used to work for another national public accounting firm). 1. First of all it is fun and friendly environment, of course there some inner office politics, but it is minimum comparing to the big 4 or other firms I or my friends worked for. At our office we have atmosphere of mutual support. 2. There is a diverse clientele at UHY so I am able to concentrate on work in the niche I am interested in. 3. There are a good number of SEC clients; as such chances to work on publicly traded client are higher than in other mid-market firm. 4. Management continuously works toward helping to balance live and work. In addition to our paid days off, we are free to take off up to 3 months during the year. That allows us to pursue personal inspirations and professional achievements that would be hard to achieve without additional time off. 5. There is a good amount of travel available for those who would like to travel. At the same time, unlike in my previous firm, staff is asked if they would like to travel. If not, other person is usually found to travel. 6. Firm has a good training structure including annual training in Chicago which involves lot of fun and outdoor activities. On top of it there is continues training sessions at the local office on such topics as oil & gas accounting, new pronouncements etc. 7. Good annual bonus.

Cons

1. Paid vacation is 20 days only, would be nice to add one more week. 2. CPA bank is only $2,500; would be nice to increase bank up to the amount of Backer review plus cost of the exams taken at least once each

Advice to Management

Keep it up

Great company to work for in Houston

Current Employee - Manager in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at UHY LLP full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The Houston Office is a great place to work; management works hard to ensure information is relayed to all employees. They encourgage a balance of work and personal life.

Cons

No flex time or half days on Friday's

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work and look into putting in half day Friday's or 9/80's.

11. Great firm to control your destiny. Your hard work is noticed and is valued!!

Current Employee - Administrative Position in Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Administrative Position in Detroit, MI

I have been working at UHY LLP full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Your co-workers and the firm goes out of their way to take care of their employees. Treated well and feel a part of the team. I feel they listen to their employees feedback.

Cons

I've worked some long hours at times. Be more timely on information.

Advice to Management

More management training is needed

RSS Feed </> Embed