UHY LLP Reviews

67 reviews filtered by
3.4
UHY LLP Co-CEO Anthony Frabotta
Anthony Frabotta

Pros
  • Very good work/life balance for public accounting, Good Bonus (in 6 reviews)

• Definitely a good alternative to the Big 4 (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • I've worked some long hours at times (in 8 reviews)

• Diverse clients, but most much smaller than what you would see at big 4 (in 5 reviews)

1. Great Place

I worked at UHY LLP

Pros

Loved UHY is one of the best places you can work esp in prof services

Cons

The hours can be tough during projects but its worth it in the end since you can take a few days off to recover

Keep up the good work

2. Great Firm for Strong Performers

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at UHY LLP full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Talent is appreciated and recognized. Not alot of micromanagement. The firm appreciates people who take initiative - they make it easy to do so and encourage it. PTO is very healthy.

Cons

Less "support" than you would see with a larger firm (training, policies, etc.) Benefit to some, drawback for others. Benefits are competitive, but not impressive. Difficult environment for those looking for a checklist or formal career path.

UHY experience

I have been working at UHY LLP full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Exposure to various markets, great people, competitive pay, ease to move up corporate spectrum, opportunity for a good work/life balance. Busy season is typically 55 hr work week as compared to hours worked in big 4. You have the opportunity to shape your career.

Cons

It's public accounting so the hours are longer during Jan-April. Sometimes you can get stuck working in one industry for the entire busy season. Other than that I can't think of many complaints.

5. Part-time HR employee

I worked at UHY LLP

Pros

Very friendly and relaxed environment with an "open door policy". Fast growing company with lots of potential. Always look out for everyones best interest. Fun place to work, lots of social events to build employee relationships outside the office.

Cons

Hard to find any off the top of my head. Does not have the number of employees that Big Four accounting firms have which makes them look less desirable even though they are just as professional and competitive.

None

6. Great firm to control your destiny. Your hard work is noticed and is valued!!

Current Employee - Administrative Position in Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Administrative Position in Detroit, MI

I have been working at UHY LLP full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Your co-workers and the firm goes out of their way to take care of their employees. Treated well and feel a part of the team. I feel they listen to their employees feedback.

Cons

I've worked some long hours at times. Be more timely on information.

More management training is needed

Great company to work for in Houston

Current Employee - Manager in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at UHY LLP full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The Houston Office is a great place to work; management works hard to ensure information is relayed to all employees. They encourgage a balance of work and personal life.

Cons

No flex time or half days on Friday's

Keep up the good work and look into putting in half day Friday's or 9/80's.

Perfect to balance public accounting career and enjoy your life

I have been working at UHY LLP full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

UHY is a good place to start or continue career in public accounting (I know as prior to UHY I used to work for another national public accounting firm).

1. First of all it is fun and friendly environment, of course there some inner office politics, but it is minimum comparing to the big 4 or other firms I or my friends worked for. At our office we have atmosphere of mutual support.

2. There is a diverse clientele at UHY so I am able to concentrate on work in the niche I am interested in.

3. There are a good number of SEC clients; as such chances to work on publicly traded client are higher than in other mid-market firm.

4. Management continuously works toward helping to balance live and work. In addition to our paid days off, we are free to take off up to 3 months during the year. That allows us to pursue personal inspirations and professional achievements that would be hard to achieve without additional time off.

5. There is a good amount of travel available for those who would like to travel. At the same time, unlike in my previous firm, staff is asked if they would like to travel. If not, other person is usually found to travel.

6. Firm has a good training structure including annual training in Chicago which involves lot of fun and outdoor activities. On top of it there is continues training sessions at the local office on such topics as oil & gas accounting, new pronouncements etc.

7. Good annual bonus.

Cons

1. Paid vacation is 20 days only, would be nice to add one more week.
    2. CPA bank is only $2,500; would be nice to increase bank up to the amount of Backer review plus cost of the exams taken at least once each

Keep it up

9. Great Place to Work

Current Employee - Senior Staff Accountant in Houston, TX

I have been working at UHY LLP full-time (more than a year)

Pros

UHY is a great place to work. There are opportunities everywhere for personal growth. UHY provides the best of two worlds in the public accounting arena. Its mid-market position gives you the opportunity to work on large projects/ companies which helps to gain high level experience while the working environment is like that of a smaller firm. Staff have chances to work directly with partners. Partner's doors are alway open.

Cons

As with most public accounting firms, there are long hours. Busy times are busy and a lot of hours are required. But there is down time as well. Management is very understanding of staff taking time off during down time.

Great firm with great people

Current Employee - Senior Staff Accountant in Houston, TX

I have been working at UHY LLP full-time (more than a year)

Pros

UHY provides a great working atmosphere. Everyone from Partners down are all very friendly and really make their staff feel appreciated. Employees are very well compensated through salary and bonuses. Overall it's a great place to work.

Cons

It's public accounting which can create long hours. You have to input time on a very detailed level which can be quite tedious.

11. Helping me develop and grow the career of my dreams.

Current Employee - Senior Staff Auditor in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Staff Auditor in Houston, TX

I have been working at UHY LLP full-time (less than a year)

Pros

As a recent graduate, I have had the opportunity to work on a very diversified portfolio of clientele (private, public, energy, international, and various others) in less than a year. UHY recognizes the core values of hard work, customer service, entrepreneurial spirit, and work-life balance. A professor of mine once said, "Find the job that makes you excited to go to work everyday." Not only am I excited about going to work everyday, but I have the ability to help client's achieve their dreams on day to day basis. UHY is unlike other larger firms, in that they hire there people for the long-term; the firm trains and develops its future business leaders.

Cons

UHY provides opportunity for those who choose to seek it. I have been very satisfied about what opportunities I have received.

Keeping sharing the importance of what every team member provides to the team. Most importantly remind us of how our work at the field level corresponds to this firm's future.