UI Foundation

UI Foundation Reviews

4.8

Lynette L. Marshall
1 Rating

I love my job at the UI Foundation!

I have been working at UI Foundation full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great people, awesome building, fulfilling work. I love working here, the atmosphere is great.

Cons

A little far away from downtown Iowa City or anyplace to get food for a quick lunch break. Have to drive anywhere instead of having the ability to walk to grab something. Parking is also somewhat limited and inconvenient.

This was a great place to work.

Current Employee - Telefund Specialist  in  Iowa City, IA
    Current Employee - Telefund Specialist in Iowa City, IA

I have been working at UI Foundation part-time for less than a year

Pros

This was a great work environment. I looked forward to going to work and being able to connect with alumni on a nightly basis.

Cons

Hours are 5-9 p.m. for telefund specialist. I wish the hours were more flexible in order to get more hours to students who want them while still working around their schedule.

N/A

Not a bad student job

Current Employee - Telefund Representative  in  Iowa City, IA
    Current Employee - Telefund Representative in Iowa City, IA

I have been working at UI Foundation

Pros

The pay is better than almost all jobs the University offers. While the management can be annoying, they are students and former callers who can connect with their employees. They are almost always supportive and even when you screw up treat you fair and with respect.

Cons

Maturity level of some supervisors can be a little distracting or annoying. Program Assistants who have had the job for a while tend to think they are more that fifty cents an hour better than the callers. Treat employees differently based on their personal lives with employees out of work. There is always a veil over the real reason things are done the way they are.

If the UI Foundation truly cares about Telefund, and I am not sure they do, they could help it out by upping the funding as most of the equipment is at least 15-20 years old. The management and students working in the call center will fluctuate in terms of quality, but overall management is good.

Worked for UI Foundation? Contribute to the Community!