UK National Health Service

UK National Health Service Chief Executive David Nicholson
David Nicholson

1 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Working for the NHS

Current Employee - IT Service Desk Assistant  in  Northampton, England (UK)
    Current Employee - IT Service Desk Assistant in Northampton, England (UK)

I have been working at UK National Health Service

Pros

I love working here because it's the best pay that I've ever know. It combines my two loves, computers and people. Working here gives me great satisfaction, knowing that I'm helping people everyday and that I could be saving someones life, by making sure that our PC's are up and running correctly. We are in a very close-knit team of about 9 people and I love it. Everyone gets along and is friendly and it is just a great place to be. Im proud to say that I work for the NHS, it's better than saying that I work at McDonalds or somewhere like that. That had to be the most embarrassing point of my life!!! But it's absolutely wicked working here. I would recommend it any day.

Cons

I suppose the only thing about this place that I don't like is I don't really get any feedback about how I'm doing. I asked the other day as I wanted to know. My manager said to me that we only really tell you how you are doing when you are doing something wrong. If you are doing well, then we won't say anything to you. I don't think that's fair, and it's not motivational really.

Tell us how we are doing. Just that really. Oh and more perks for putting up with stressy people would be good. Although the £17k p/a is a perk in itself really.

Worked for UK National Health Service? Contribute to the Community!