UK Power Networks

www.ukpowernetworks.co.uk

UK Power Networks Reviews

Updated Mar 8, 2014
UK Power Networks – “Substation in Shelford Road (Photo thanks to…”

Not yet rated.

UK Power Networks Chief Executive Officer Basil Scarcela

Basil Scarcela

A good firm to work for, slow processes and systems but with a major Transformation piece in the pipeline.

Strategy, Regulation & Finance Intern (Current Employee) London, England (UK)

ProsA meritocratic organisation which encourages new ideas, hard work and good collaboration across all departments. A good mix of engineering and commercial focus.

ConsSlow processes and systems, especially with respect to HR management. It is the HR processes that hinder the organisation, not the people. The Transformation programme that is in the pipeline should help to develop on this.

A fantastic people centric organisation with a great focus on customer service

Head of (Current Employee) London, England (UK)

ProsThe people and the passion to provide a quality service.
    The opportunity to progress into new roles.

ConsThe pace of change is perhaps not as fast as one might desire.
    The wide geographic spread makes getting to know different parts of the organisation more difficult - especially for a mid sized company.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the great work, especially recovering from recent storms.

A dry atmosphere with many grey people doing grey jobs

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) London, England (UK)

Proswork-life balance - most people out of the door by 5:30pm.

Conspoor pay, poor conditions.
    Poor communication throughout the business - a silo mentality with people ruled by fear of their jobs.
    The leadership team on an 'executive floor' live in an ivory tower.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

A good place to work

ProsGood pay, friendly people to work with - most have been there for many years, opportunities to get qualifications and further your experience, they are currently trying to change and listen to peoples views

ConsNo initial structure or work for me to do when I first joined. It gradually began picking up after a few months but still can be slow at times. Most managers do not interact with people 'below' them - they often say they want to hear people's views but rarely speak to anyone that is not senior management.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe a bit more approachable and make an effort towards the 'small people' - even if it's just a 2 minute 'hello' to a general group in the office.

stay away

Pros37 hrs work a week
    25days annual leave
    annual bonus about 500pounds

Consbad management
    no training
    no improvement opportunities
    full of idiots and old people

Good place to work

Support (Current Employee) London, England (UK)

Prosin house canteen, nice people to work with

Conssalary and benefits aren't very attractive

Worked for UK Power Networks? Contribute to the Community!