UMC Health System

Updated Jun 14, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

David G. Allison

Everybody works towards the same goal; better patient care.

Registered Nurse (Current Employee) Lubbock, TX

ProsI love the culture. I don't dread coming in to work. I've been to every floor of the hospital, and for the most part, people enjoy where they work. They work to keep their employees and keep them happy in almost all departments.

ConsEvery nursing job has downfalls, and every business/hospital has downfalls. Their are very limited areas of the hospital that are not the most pleasant to work with. However; with being on their Magnet Journey, I suspect these areas have an overhaul coming too.

RN BNS

RN BSN (Former Employee) Lubbock, TX

ProsGood work environment, great coworkers

Conspay does not increase with cost of living increases

Advice to Senior Managementconsider cost of living raises

Good company, room for growth.

Mental Health Tech (Former Employee) Ocala, FL

ProsRoom for growth. Since it's a big corporation, they have policies that protect you and really lay out the ground rules.

ConsShort staffed with techs sometimes, no real penalty for when people call out. This can leave you waiting for relief for way too long.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good benefits, work environment

Dietary (Current Employee) Lubbock, TX

ProsGood benefits starting out, people are nice to work with

ConsNothing that isn't with any other company you work at - clicks, gossip etc.

worth a start

HUC (Former Employee) Lubbock, TX

Prosgreat work/school balance... they did a great job of accommodation to study last min

Consparts not as high as other locations

One big happy family!

Medical Records Clerk (Current Employee) Lubbock, TX

ProsUMC cares about it's patients and employees as well. They offer great benefits, PTO, and excellent managers.

ConsI don't really have any, I lost my job because of a work injury that required more time than they could hold my job. I am now looking to rehire.

Advice to Senior ManagementAlways keep the lowest people in mind they make the hospital run smoothly.

UMC was a great company to work for. The culture and values of this company made this company a pleasure to work for.

Patient Service Assistant (Former Employee) Lubbock, TX

ProsUMC has some of the most professional doctors, technicians, and guest service workers. This made working a joy rather than a task.

ConsLong shifts made it difficult to balance school and work. My shifts were in 8 hour increments. Trying to find time to work while being a full time student made my work options limited.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work

Ex-HUC but Loved experience.

HUC (Former Employee) Lubbock, TX

ProsPerfect for student. The Nursing support service is a great department that back their HUCs and Transports. They have changed training since I started but they do not want to leave you alone on the floor without the proper tools.

ConsNurses and doctors can take advantage, but don't let them over work you.

Relatively progressive EMS with focus on professionalism and appropriate care of patients.

Field Paramedic (Current Employee) Lubbock, TX

ProsThe hourly pay cannot be beat for this area's EMS services, and there's a good mix of patient populations. The equipment is current and in good working condition, and they are willing to consider new technologies for patient care.

ConsStill maintains the usual EMS working atmosphere where it's best to always remain "under the radar". Opinions of supervisors with a call may actually differ from the receiving physician's opinion, but you'll have to fight very hard to have any punishment reversed in this case. Egos run high here with some in the supervisory positions, and they don't like to be embarrassed, no matter how quietly and professionally it is done.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere is a lot of lip-service toting the need for "openness and communication" in this service, but to do so could label you as a problem child. An anonymous suggestion or complaint is frowned upon or not taken seriously, even though it may be sound and needed. The new "EMS Shift Committee" idea seems to be designed more as a way to throw blame on the crews/committee, not to consider suggestions or improvements as it was intended.

it was great, but overall need a little improvement

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosgood company overall, but need a little improvement

Consneed to keep people in line

Advice to Senior Managementna

Worked for UMC Health System? Contribute to the Community!