UMW Reviews

Abdul Halim bin Harun

Its a on-going flourishing old industry which requires several human touches to keep the business competitive.

Current Employee - Customer Service Officer & Technical Officer in Singapore (Singapore)

I have been working at UMW full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Networking is important in many areas, its a place where people worked over a decade or ever 2. some has even reach 3-4 decades and has never changed jobs since

Cons

working with decades of experience people require more PR skills and tactful mind.

positive movement towards improvement is correct, diversification of work is equally important. Over-delegation of tasks to various employees will only bring down the effectiveness of certain objectives.

Tough yet good experience

I have been working at UMW

Pros

Great benefits bonus, medical, good start for fresh grad

Cons

Dealing with crazy management and some superiors are not a good role model

OK

Current Employee - Manager, Marketing in Shah Alam (Malaysia)
    Current Employee - Manager, Marketing in Shah Alam (Malaysia)

I have been working at UMW full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Good benefit, average income and long term sustainable company with good products. Company is finacially strong, pose good and strong positioning in the marketplace.

Cons

Tough career dvelopment opportunity are limited, areas of discrimination arises and seniority seem to override capabilities.Work load unbalance btw employee (rank & file)

Change, reduce discrimination, give the younger generation i.e. Gen X to take over.

doesnt live up to brand values...

Current Employee - Manager in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)
    Current Employee - Manager in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

I have been working at UMW

Pros

-bonus pretty good
    -medical care
    -dental care
    -potential stock options
    -relax environment
    - alot of places to eat, near LRT station

Cons

- salary not competitive enough, when compared to others in similar industry
    - doesnt reward and recognise staff potential, and we are talking about good loyal staff who are hardworking and enjoy challenges.
    - New staff employed are given crazy higher pays with car and better perks when they end up juz delegating work to the long serviced staff. which is unfair and unprofessional.
    -lack communication skills that could be improved greatly if management was more tactful.
    -doesnt live up to the brand values: vibrant, unshakeable, pioneering and honor

Please remember that the no: 1 asset of all companies is its employees. It doesnt take much to keep us inspiredly loyal but if you dont see value in us than another much more worthy company will.

Job Review

Current Employee - Debt Recovery
    Current Employee - Debt Recovery

I have been working at UMW

Pros

Job Security is inherent in a big organization. Work is a 9 to 5 daily affair except for weekends. Over time is optional.

Cons

less prospect as competition is enormous due to the size of the organization. very often talents are not rewarded nor recognized.

I have no advice as I am one of so many employed and unable to see a bigger picture unlike the c c c e o.