UNILIFE MEDICAL SOLUTIONS

Alan Shortall
1 Rating

Product Development Intern

I worked at UNILIFE MEDICAL SOLUTIONS

Pros

I like my boss. People are really nice

Cons

Nothing to complain. Pretty fair compensation for intern.

Unilife is a special circle of Hell so horrific you feel you must have molested cute little baby bunnies in a past life.

I worked at UNILIFE MEDICAL SOLUTIONS full-time for more than a year

Pros

They give you lunch every day.

There are a couple of good people who you bond with as you're being drug across the Unilife torture rack.

Cons

It’s very rare that a person finds a job where they really love what they’re doing, so most of us tolerate our work and make the most of it. Unilife on the other hand, is a special circle of Hell so horrific you feel you must have molested cute little baby bunnies in a previous life as Attila the Hun’s maestro of Death.

Sure, working hard is important at a company, but I thought the Iron Maiden went out of style at Nuremberg. You can expect to lose almost every night and weekend you have for your time there, and if you have a family like some, I feel for you because you should consider them orphans.

Creepers? Check. One of the execs tries to sleep with all the women there, even doing things like paying well endowed employees to do hand stands in front of him. The ones he doesn’t sleep with, have public fights with, and then fires, of course.

Pure condescension and disrespect? Check. One of the product managers has openly said to people “I can’t believe you ever got a college degree you’re so stupid.” (I’m slightly paraphrasing, stupid might have been altered) Ouch. I guess people skills wasn't an important attribute for this manager as they burn through employees across the world faster then the stock tanked this year.

Elitists? Check. Try having your Australian CEO, the one with a huge poster of Barack Obama sitting on his office wall, come down to the lunch area and tell a room-full of his employees, many from the heart of rural America, that Obama is the greatest president this country will ever have and they are stupid for not thinking so and challenge any of his employees to disagree with him, in public. He could have urinated in their eyes, but these children really needed to be taught a lesson I guess.

I could go on with dozens of stories, about how they completely waste shareholder money on a daily basis, have no loyalty, and have become everything terrible and horrible Americans are told to fear about corporate America. However, the sad fact is that there are a few good people there who realized the terrible mistake they made coming to that place and I am thankful for them. Also, two of the product teams are not horrifically and hellishly bad to work for from my understanding, so two out of four isn’t bad. If you work as an engineer, and you're on one of those teams, you could be working on cool cutting edge stuff which isn't bad. They also give you lunch every day at both locations.

Never dreamed of accomplishing the things I did so early in my career

Former Employee - Product Development Engineering Intern  in  Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Product Development Engineering Intern in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at UNILIFE MEDICAL SOLUTIONS as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Very encouraging yet fast paced environment. People with specialties are always willing to work across business divisions to lend their skills to different projects. The smaller size of the company means that you get direction from senior management.

Cons

The growth is rapid and so everything moves very fast, this is not for everyone.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Unilife is a great place to accelerate your career.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  York, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in York, PA

I have been working at UNILIFE MEDICAL SOLUTIONS full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I have been very happy at Unilife. I have received interesting work, been recognized for good work and have been promoted. Unilife pays well, has good benefits and gives employees a chance to grow and assume more responsibility. Unilife is also a fun place to work, with great employees who challenge each other to excel.

Cons

Unilife may not be a good place to work for someone who likes a lot of structure or who dislikes change. The pace is very intense and the work is very fluid. To succeed, you must be open to new ideas and new ways of doing things.

Do yourself a huge favor, stay away!

Pros

Decent pay and benefits. Most coworkers are great to work with and smart people whose biggest mistake in their life was quitting their good jobs and joining this company.

Cons

This place is built on lies on top of lies. Stay away if you can. Management culture is very abrasive and downright disrespectful. Talking down on people is the culture here. If you are willing to do that, you might fit in here. Else if you someone who believes in a honest job, ethics, morals, respect, compassion, doing the best job or at the least using your head, stay away. Its not worth the extra money. The future of this place is in dire straits. Keep an eye out in the news in the next few months. Or better google up the history of this company, its previous incarnations, the "track records" of several of the senior management team - why they left their previous places. what happened to their previous ventures etc.

Just apologize to all shareholders, employees, customers, suppliers and other stake holders and quit. Walk straight to the penitentiary bypassing the judicial system, saving tax payer's money.

Worked for UNILIFE MEDICAL SOLUTIONS? Contribute to the Community!