UNIT4 Group

Updated November 20, 2014
3.9

UNIT4 Group CEO José Duarte
José Duarte

Pros
  • Very relaxed work / life balance, employees take vacation whenever they want to (in 4 reviews)

• The team is not too big in my country, but ther are really great people to work with (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Bad management team in Singapore that didn (in 4 reviews)

• poor project planning and coordination (in 2 reviews)

More Highlights

Great company with hardworking employees.

Former Employee - Account Executive in Sacramento, CA
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Sacramento, CA

I worked at UNIT4 Group full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great management with freedom to use your insights.

Cons

Not well know in the USA.

Keep up the good work.

Mar 5, 2014Recruitment Manager

Dear former employee,

Thank you for your review, we appreciate this very much.

Not just UNIT4 as a company but every individual can spread the word about our company, products and services to

Great colleagues - great product - Management, not so much

I worked at UNIT4 Group full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Colleagues are very helpful. The product is excellent a lot of fun to work with. Customers are great too.

Cons

Internal training isn't great and you might be send to an job where you aren't qualified for. There is no development, you get hired for a position - but there aren't any ways to move on. A lot of turnover of people.

Think bigger, act bigger - you aren't anymore the small, cosy company you have been.

Friendly, supportive, family working atmosphere

Former Employee - Implementation Consultant in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Implementation Consultant in Boston, MA

I worked at UNIT4 Group full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Supportive and helpful colleagues
    Salary is comparable to competitors

Cons

As a consultant, travel requirement is over 50%.

Good job to be done at work

I have been working at UNIT4 Group as a contractor

Pros

good comp with good job

Cons

good comp work a fine culture

Wouldn't recommend

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

I have been working at UNIT4 Group

Pros

The people you work with are great, amongst the workers there is a sense of togetherness and willingness to help each other. Very flexible with time. Pay, benefits and vacation/STAT are very good. It is an amazing product and everyone is committed to seeing it become more.

Cons

The Management team really has a hard time making good sound business decisions in North America, it more of these over arching policies that are not backed by analysis or sound judgement.
    It's sink or swim, but no different than any other solution provider out there. If your not local to Victoria Canada, then don't ever expect to be promoted into Management.

Focus on employees and allow the employees to focus on the customers and products. If you really want to grow the company to greater than 20 Million, learn how to make effective business decisions and allow people to execute those decisions and don't try to manage everything out of 1 office location

The most dedicated set of colleagues I've ever had!

I have been working at UNIT4 Group full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Having been with UNIT4 for more than 16 years in various positions, I believe the culture and dedication of the employees is the gold of the company. This is in the backbone of almost every single person I have worked with all the way from Top Management and down through the organisation.

Adding the fact that UNIT4 has a very customer oriented approach to business, and deliver a great set of products only adds to the experience

Cons

Recently being through a change in ownership and a quite new management team, there is quite a lot of change going on in the organisation at this time. As an employee a bit down in the organisation, I feel that the flow of information could be better to kill off rumours and uncertainty. - and to regain the feeling of being one UNIT4.

I'm sure the company will come strengthened out of this on the other side, but it's not that easy to see what it looks like in the other end of the tunnel at the moment

Make sure to have a good flow of information on all levels of the organisations in these times of change. There are lots of excellent communicators in this organisation - make use of them! - and don't forget that it is the people working here that makes UNIT4 great :)

Nov 17, 2014Recruitment Manager

Dear colleague,

Thanks a lot for sharing!

People are absolutely key to UNIT4 so that's why we keep on investing in our people, to benefit from their skills, knowledge, experience, drive and
    ... More

Challenging work and great people

Current Employee - Head of Marketing in Budapest (Hungary)
    Current Employee - Head of Marketing in Budapest (Hungary)

I have been working at UNIT4 Group full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Since there was a merge of the subsidiaries in my country 2 years ago I faced new challenges which I really liked. I also got the opportunity of being a leader of a small team and try myself in other areas too. The team is not too big in my country, but ther are really great people to work with.

Cons

As we are a small subsidiary in a small maket sometimes I feel that we are always in a rush to keep up with the rest of the offices, however we don't have enough resources for that.

UNIT4 has provided a stable and welcoming place for me to build my career

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Victoria, BC (Canada)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Victoria, BC (Canada)

I have been working at UNIT4 Group full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

My manager likes to keep us as informed as possible, so we know where we stand, and are aware of changes going on elsewhere in the company. Our local president has been with the company for many years, and it is clear that she values us, and the effort we put in.

Cons

Being such a large company with a European head office, we know that decisions are being made that will impact us, but we don't know when or how until it happens. Being a private company also means that the focus on revenue means that financial advancement is not as plentiful as you would like.

Wages need to (at the very least) keep up with the cost of living. At best, the opportunities for true financial advancement need to be created.

Nov 17, 2014Recruitment Manager

Dear colleague,

Thanks for your opinion, we really appreciate it!

People like you make this company, so I will make sure that your respons is being put to use. Please let me know if you have
    ... More

It's a place to meet different people and cultures.

Current Employee - Marketing Executive in Singapore (Singapore)
    Current Employee - Marketing Executive in Singapore (Singapore)

I have been working at UNIT4 Group full-time (more than an year)

Pros

In UNIT4 Asia Pacific, there are employees from different countries and cultures, such as Malaysian, Indonesian, British, Spanish, Dutch and of course Singaporean. The company is a platform for us to meet different people from different cultures. The diversity sparkles various ideas when it comes to work.

Cons

Culture shock is inevitable, especially between western culture and Asian culture.

Make the best use of culture diversity, while combing both and adapting to local situations.

Nov 6, 2014Recruitment Manager

Dear Asian colleague,

We would like to thank you for your review on GlassDoor!

In order to become an even better employer we need your input and ideas.
    If you want to share your thought with
    ... More

Good company with good products all over the world and (hopefully) good future expectations

Current Employee - Online Marketing Specialist
    Current Employee - Online Marketing Specialist

I have been working at UNIT4 Group full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Although it is a company with many years of experience, you have the feeling that it is always trying to improve and reinvent itself (embracing change), which is good and makes you feel that you work in a company that doesn't give up on crisis, competitors or difficulties.

Cons

Too much work due to yesterday (hahaha..) and job insecurity for the upcoming future in some regions.

I would remind my boss that, although I work as hard and as fast as I can, I only have two hands and one brain to do it. I'd ask for more patience and sometimes better manners when discussing.

Nov 6, 2014Recruitment Manager

Dear colleague,

We would like to thank you for your review on GlassDoor.

In order to become an even better employer we continuously strive to improve our organisation. In order to achieve this