UNorth

Updated May 28, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Good Company.

ProsI'm new and enjoy it so far. It's a fun environment and the people are friendly. It's exciting to work with new products like the smartwatch, 3d printer, and smartglass. I'm enjoying learning about the products and company.

ConsIt's a little bit of a commute for me, but I plan to move closer.

Challenging, start-up feel

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat people working there, everyone is respectful and extremely encouraging. You can really see your current work evolve, feels like you are adding value to the company. Your co-workers are extremely knowledgeable and a jack of all trades.

ConsTerrible management, almost no communication, the pay is garbage for the amount of work you have to do. You'll be fired for something you did not even do because of the horrendous communication. The products also need a bit of improvement, I attempted to charge my phone with 4 different products and none of them worked out of package.

Advice to Senior ManagementFind a better way to communicate and stop letting your emotions take the best of you and maybe have you'll employees there that actually last longer than 6 months.

Great environment! Really fun!

ProsUNorth is a great place to work. Every employee gets along really well. We always have fun while still getting done what needs to be done. I like working with cutting edge tech like 3D printers, Smart-watches, and Drones.

ConsI really cant think of any Cons. Perhaps compensate the employees a little more? Or offer more of a variety of benefits at different costs.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great employer with excellent values.

Technical Engineer (Current Employee)
    Sunnyvale, CA

ProsWorking here has been mostly positive. No major gripes with the management or the company. All the workers are pretty relaxed with no drama. Good benefits.

ConsMy specific manager can be a micro manager but I always complete my work so it's never a big deal for me.

Advice to Senior ManagementA better salary would be nice ;)

UNorth is a great place to work. Don't believe the negative reviews.

Marketing Associate (Current Employee)
    Sunnyvale, CA

ProsI have been working at UNorth for 3 years and my experience has been very rewarding for several reasons. First, I work with a team of coworkers that are truly great people. Second, we work with a bunch of cool gadgets and products that are innovative. Lastly, I see working at this company as a rare opportunity to "get in on the ground floor". UNorth is a place that is on its way up, even in a slow economy!

ConsNone that I can think of at this time.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work!

Fast paced, but strong growth!

ProsGood people, and developing some really good products. I think as time goes but they will continue to grow and prosper.

I really like their is no manager breathing down your neck constantly checking your work. I don't like micro managing so this place work for me in that respect.

ConsHard to think of one. This places challenges me every day. I like that.

One of the best places to work at ...as long as...

Webmaster (Current Employee)
    Sunnyvale, CA

ProsI've been working there for 6 years and right in the middle of recession when other companies had massive layoff these guys were doing just fine and whole bunch of openings. There is definitely going to be enough job and if you...things will be super good and heaven for you as long as you meet the deadlines, etc

ConsSome extra employee activities would be nice (although management already has started on having these). Although after years of work i got hand of it, i feel some of the projects deadlines are too tight

dull and dreary

Prosdon't have any pros tbh

Consdeceptive
    meek lighting
    VERY quiet work place
    trust me, i've read the reviews here thinking that the people who wrote those bad reviews are probably just jaded, but it actually is not what it seems.

Advice to Senior Managementbe more excited! be happy! don't act so unimpressed and upset.

Smoke and mirrors

Intern (Current Employee)
    Sunnyvale, CA

ProsI guess a pro would be that you do receive some sort of compensation for your work. Occasionally you will get positive feedback from a member of management.

ConsDeception- As I have titled this review, there is a lot of deception inhabiting this establishment, starting at the moment you are hired. You will receive a call from UNorth if you are selected for an interview, you will go through several interviewing "rounds" with UNorth (often waiting 30 minutes to an hour to be interviewed), and if you are chosen to be hired, you will then be given paperwork to fill out through Oasis (or another temporary employment agency). There will be no warning of this until the moment of hire, so know this going into your interview.

Very questionable work ethics- Management will often have you lie for them, including exaggerating the size of your department when dealing with customers or vendors (in order to make it appear as if there are more employees working than there really are), posting fake reviews on many of their websites (in order to give their name a better reputation). To give you a better idea of this, the reviews published on this Glassdoor page on Dec 10th, Dec 24th, Jan 1st and Jan 5th were all written by management in response to negative criticism they had received.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more forthcoming and honest with your employees.

Don't have them lie for you (as some people will find doing this very uncomfortable).

Consider paying your employees more for the hard work and stress you derive (just because people are in need of jobs does not mean you should take advantage of them).

Hire experienced management to manage your employees and to act as a middle ground between owners and employees.

an unreasonable company

Senior Product Designer (Former Employee)
    Sunnyvale, CA

Proshmmm, this is tough. A "PRO" would be that they employ people and pay them money, and they want to someday be the biggest company in the world and be the most profitable company in the history of companies. Which is very aspirational.

ConsYou will NOT be given the tools, management, support structure, time, or resources to do your job. You will be expected to take your work home with you everyday and use your personal private resources to complete your tasks with a fraction of the time a normal human being is allocated to preform the most basic of tasks.

I never even met with HR. ALL personnel related functions are online and automated. You will not get help from a real compassionate person, and if you ask you get, "why".

Advice to Senior ManagementHire qualified management and be truthful about the company and it's dealings.
    Should that not be an option then at least get training in how to manage human beings, as human beings.

Worked for UNorth? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at UNorth reviews and ratings. All 17 reviews posted anonymously by UNorth employees.