UNorth

UNorth Reviews

3.4

CEO

Good Company.

I have been working at UNorth full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I'm new and enjoy it so far. It's a fun environment and the people are friendly. It's exciting to work with new products like the smartwatch, 3d printer, and smartglass. I'm enjoying learning about the products and company.

Cons

It's a little bit of a commute for me, but I plan to move closer.

Challenging, start-up feel

I worked at UNorth as an intern

Pros

Great people working there, everyone is respectful and extremely encouraging. You can really see your current work evolve, feels like you are adding value to the company. Your co-workers are extremely knowledgeable and a jack of all trades.

Cons

Terrible management, almost no communication, the pay is garbage for the amount of work you have to do. You'll be fired for something you did not even do because of the horrendous communication. The products also need a bit of improvement, I attempted to charge my phone with 4 different products and none of them worked out of package.

Find a better way to communicate and stop letting your emotions take the best of you and maybe have you'll employees there that actually last longer than 6 months.

Great employer with excellent values.

Current Employee - Technical Engineer in Sunnyvale, CA
    Current Employee - Technical Engineer in Sunnyvale, CA

I have been working at UNorth full-time

Pros

Working here has been mostly positive. No major gripes with the management or the company. All the workers are pretty relaxed with no drama. Good benefits.

Cons

My specific manager can be a micro manager but I always complete my work so it's never a big deal for me.

A better salary would be nice ;)

Great environment! Really fun!

I have been working at UNorth part-time (more than an year)

Pros

UNorth is a great place to work. Every employee gets along really well. We always have fun while still getting done what needs to be done. I like working with cutting edge tech like 3D printers, Smart-watches, and Drones.

Cons

I really cant think of any Cons. Perhaps compensate the employees a little more? Or offer more of a variety of benefits at different costs.

Fast paced, but strong growth!

I have been working at UNorth full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good people, and developing some really good products. I think as time goes but they will continue to grow and prosper.

I really like their is no manager breathing down your neck constantly checking your work. I don't like micro managing so this place work for me in that respect.

Cons

Hard to think of one. This places challenges me every day. I like that.

UNorth is a great place to work. Don't believe the negative reviews.

Current Employee - Marketing Associate in Sunnyvale, CA
    Current Employee - Marketing Associate in Sunnyvale, CA

I have been working at UNorth full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I have been working at UNorth for 3 years and my experience has been very rewarding for several reasons. First, I work with a team of coworkers that are truly great people. Second, we work with a bunch of cool gadgets and products that are innovative. Lastly, I see working at this company as a rare opportunity to "get in on the ground floor". UNorth is a place that is on its way up, even in a slow economy!

Cons

None that I can think of at this time.

Keep up the good work!

One of the best places to work at ...as long as...

Current Employee - Webmaster in Sunnyvale, CA
    Current Employee - Webmaster in Sunnyvale, CA

I have been working at UNorth full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I've been working there for 6 years and right in the middle of recession when other companies had massive layoff these guys were doing just fine and whole bunch of openings. There is definitely going to be enough job and if you...things will be super good and heaven for you as long as you meet the deadlines, etc

Cons

Some extra employee activities would be nice (although management already has started on having these). Although after years of work i got hand of it, i feel some of the projects deadlines are too tight

dull and dreary

I have been working at UNorth

Pros

don't have any pros tbh

Cons

deceptive
    meek lighting
    VERY quiet work place
    trust me, i've read the reviews here thinking that the people who wrote those bad reviews are probably just jaded, but it actually is not what it seems.

be more excited! be happy! don't act so unimpressed and upset.

Smoke and mirrors

Current Employee - Intern in Sunnyvale, CA
    Current Employee - Intern in Sunnyvale, CA

I have been working at UNorth full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I guess a pro would be that you do receive some sort of compensation for your work. Occasionally you will get positive feedback from a member of management.

Cons

Deception- As I have titled this review, there is a lot of deception inhabiting this establishment, starting at the moment you are hired. You will receive a call from UNorth if you are selected for an interview, you will go through several interviewing "rounds" with UNorth (often waiting 30 minutes to an hour to be interviewed), and if you are chosen to be hired, you will then be given paperwork to fill out through Oasis (or another temporary employment agency). There will be no warning of this until the moment of hire, so know this going into your interview.

Very questionable work ethics- Management will often have you lie for them, including exaggerating the size of your department when dealing with customers or vendors (in order to make it appear as if there are more employees working than there really are), posting fake reviews on many of their websites (in order to give their name a better reputation). To give you a better idea of this, the reviews published on this Glassdoor page on Dec 10th, Dec 24th, Jan 1st and Jan 5th were all written by management in response to negative criticism they had received.

Be more forthcoming and honest with your employees.

Don't have them lie for you (as some people will find doing this very uncomfortable).

Consider paying your employees more for the hard work and stress you derive (just because people are in need of jobs does not mean you should take advantage of them).

Hire experienced management to manage your employees and to act as a middle ground between owners and employees.

an unreasonable company

Former Employee - Senior Product Designer in Sunnyvale, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Product Designer in Sunnyvale, CA

I worked at UNorth full-time (less than an year)

Pros

hmmm, this is tough. A "PRO" would be that they employ people and pay them money, and they want to someday be the biggest company in the world and be the most profitable company in the history of companies. Which is very aspirational.

Cons

You will NOT be given the tools, management, support structure, time, or resources to do your job. You will be expected to take your work home with you everyday and use your personal private resources to complete your tasks with a fraction of the time a normal human being is allocated to preform the most basic of tasks.

I never even met with HR. ALL personnel related functions are online and automated. You will not get help from a real compassionate person, and if you ask you get, "why".

Hire qualified management and be truthful about the company and it's dealings.
    Should that not be an option then at least get training in how to manage human beings, as human beings.