UPS

3.3 2,365 reviews

UPS Chairman and CEO D. Scott Davis

D. Scott Davis

(1,093 ratings)

Pros
  • I was unloading trucks for 5 or 6 months before I got promoted to Part-Time Supervisor(in 222 reviews)

• Very structured organization with great benefits and hard working employees(in 209 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance is the biggest challenge, specifically for Management employees(in 82 reviews)

• I just got hired as a full time driver have to be in a casual drivers for months(in 149 reviews)

2,365 Employee Reviews

Used to be better.

Senior Technician (Current Employee)

ProsStable, good people to work with, challenging, some growth opportunities. Some what fair compensations.

ConsExpect a lot of knowledge and expertise with out pay reflection.

Advice to Senior ManagementReevaluate how important technology is to this company. Take better care of the techs that support the systems that run the entire operations. Take care of the techs that are servicing the customers that are paying your MIP, bonuses and even the pt employees wages. We are loosing droves of 15- 20 yr people that are crucial for us to keep the technology advantage over or compedeitors.

UPS has demonstrated great value and vision towards the future.

Part Time Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) Minneapolis, MN

ProsEach day is challenging and different. I actually look forward to coming to work and happily arrive early or stay late. Management above me gives me goals to meet that are attainable and rewarding. This company looks to promote from within and rarely hires outside. There is huge room for growth in this company and in coming years there will be a lot, I mean A LOT of positions opening up in upper management.

ConsIf you are looking for a job that gives you the same task without variables everyday this isn't for you. Also, though there are different shifts to work throughout the day, some people burnout on the nights as supervisors because they cannot cope with the scheduling.

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider working closer with middle and even lower management to learn about short comings of the company, or ideas for boosting achievement.

fun fast paced and met a lot of new people

Prosgood benefits long term job and it also has good pay along with long term job status.

Consa lot of hours and time away from family thru out the week

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

package handler i am a sorter

Part Time Package Handler Sorter (Current Employee) Ontario, CA

Prosbenefits from health care to discounts from many to places

Consthe union teamster is great but if you want to advance in ups to supervisor you have to quit the union

Busy, fast-paced, and challenging

Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) Louisville, KY

ProsGreat Compensation, great co-workers. Flex time with your schedule. Management are great about giving you requested time off.I would still be with them except I moved out of state and the UPS in my current city has no openings at this time. I worked for them for 14 years.

ConsPay could be a little better, but not bad.They need to rotate some of the older Management out more. Some have been in the same Dept./area for too long and have become a little stagnant and non-caring.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay more attention to your team members BEFORE complaints arise. Take the time out of your day, for even 5 minutes, to go check on your team members and see if they are okay, and how are they doing. This cuts down on resentments building within your area, and can often lead to a quick resolution to any issue, by just showing you care that there are issues and are willing to resolve them.

One of the better companies

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Pittsburgh, PA

ProsUnion job, fun coworkers, "figure it out by doing it yourself" training method. Part time workers get full benefits after one year of work. Promotion within provides excellent opportunities for advancement. Great learning experience and a better workout.

ConsCompensation is average, about $10 per hour for hard work. If you work downtown you have to pay for parking which is an absolute nightmare.

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider raising the starting pay. The pay rate and amount of work we're given isn't balancing out.

Driver

UPS Driver (Former Employee) Horsham, PA

ProsThe best job I've had in life!

ConsWhen you get hurt.... there's no safety net!

Advice to Senior ManagementCould work a little more on the employee Management skills.... too much stress!

Nothing

Part Time Operations Supervisor (Current Employee)

ProsGood pay for part time

ConsAs management the harder you work the harder you are screwed

Advice to Senior ManagementNothing

If you can handle he stress...

ProsYou can predict bad days well in advance. It's something that you just learn over time. The benefits, 401k, insurance, and decent pay are not terrible for PT. No matter what there is always a solution. The people I work with are pretty great.

ConsThere is a cattiness among PT sups. FT Management that leaves early. You get left in the dark on important things from time to time. Lots of reports to be printed. Promotions are a rarity. Little to no overtime pay.

Advice to Senior ManagementLook for PT sups that actually do their jobs. Communicate with the people who actually run things.

Preloader

UPS Preload (Former Employee)

Prosfast paced, good benefits, decent pay

Consit could be hard sometimes because of the fast pace.

Worked for UPS? Contribute to the Community!