UPS

3.3 2,375 reviews

UPS Chairman and CEO D. Scott Davis

D. Scott Davis

(1,094 ratings)

Pros
  • I was unloading trucks for 5 or 6 months before I got promoted to Part-Time Supervisor(in 223 reviews)

• Very structured organization with great benefits and hard working employees(in 212 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance is the biggest challenge, specifically for Management employees(in 82 reviews)

• I just got hired as a full time driver have to be in a casual drivers for months(in 150 reviews)

2,375 Employee Reviews

Driver

UPS Driver (Former Employee) Horsham, PA

ProsThe best job I've had in life!

ConsWhen you get hurt.... there's no safety net!

Advice to Senior ManagementCould work a little more on the employee Management skills.... too much stress!

Nothing

Part Time Operations Supervisor (Current Employee)

ProsGood pay for part time

ConsAs management the harder you work the harder you are screwed

Advice to Senior ManagementNothing

If you can handle he stress...

ProsYou can predict bad days well in advance. It's something that you just learn over time. The benefits, 401k, insurance, and decent pay are not terrible for PT. No matter what there is always a solution. The people I work with are pretty great.

ConsThere is a cattiness among PT sups. FT Management that leaves early. You get left in the dark on important things from time to time. Lots of reports to be printed. Promotions are a rarity. Little to no overtime pay.

Advice to Senior ManagementLook for PT sups that actually do their jobs. Communicate with the people who actually run things.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Only good for long-term stay

Part Time Package Handler (Current Employee) Ontario, CA

ProsYou cant really get fired that easily as any other job. Benefits. Can easily move up a supervisor in after six six months of working there.

ConsWork is tough for little pay. Not a good job for short term workers. In the summer it gets really hot. Some position much harder than other, but everyone gets the same pay? It should be that the harder working position should be getting paid than the easily to work positions! In order to work full time, you have to be there for about 10 years.

Good company to work for but pay is that that well

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsBig company and for the most part has a good reputation

ConsPay for management is low

Advice to Senior ManagementCan make more money elsewhere. Too much politics and then dealing with union employees is a pain in the butt

pt time only unless you have patience and dedication

Part Time Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) Chelmsford, MA

Prosjob stability, paid vacations, unlimited sick days

Consonly part time, not many opportunities for advancement

Advice to Senior Managementif the benefits package fot the supervisor job was more compeditive compared to the union jobs more candidates will seek promotion

UPS

ProsBenefits, workout, job security, union

ConsHours, stress, labor, workload, sleep deprivation

Advice to Senior ManagementIt's not for everyone.

Got me through school

Part Time Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) Minneapolis, MN

ProsYou get paid well and the benefits are great. I learned a lot about leadership- mostly what not to do and how to make the most of a poor situation

ConsThe leadership in my experience is poor because no one trusts each other and the system doesn't give enough freedom to lead to supervisors. On the other hand, some supervisors are idiots who would screw up even more if they were given more freedom.

Very diverse company that will allow you the opportunity if you train yourself!

Industrial Engineering Supervisor (Current Employee)

ProsVery fast atmosphere. Company moves you into different positions to allow you to never get bored. Also allows you to figure out what you enjoy and to groom you to understand all sectors of the business. Job stability, company has been around for years and continuously growing in untapped markets.

ConsYou have little to no training. Literally there is no one there once you start that new position that they place you in. You will have to fish for information or have a trial and error. In which if you don't perform you will not receive a raise from what they consider your "QPR" (Quality Performance Rating). Average pay rate is for someone fresh out of college and looking to stay with a company for a very long time.

Hard work/Good benefits/Bad start pay

Part Time Package Handler (Current Employee) Royal City, WA

ProsGreat benefits, good workout, opportunity to move up in company.

ConsWorking as fast as you can and the employees don't talk much.

Worked for UPS? Contribute to the Community!