UPS

3.3 2,365 reviews

UPS Chairman and CEO D. Scott Davis

D. Scott Davis

(1,093 ratings)

Pros
  • I was unloading trucks for 5 or 6 months before I got promoted to Part-Time Supervisor(in 222 reviews)

• Very structured organization with great benefits and hard working employees(in 209 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance is the biggest challenge, specifically for Management employees(in 82 reviews)

• I just got hired as a full time driver have to be in a casual drivers for months(in 149 reviews)

2,365 Employee Reviews

Challenging especially in the work life balance side of things.

Account Executive (Current Employee) Elgin, IL

ProsStable company, good benefits and a highly competitive base pay.

ConsManagement says they are moving away from service and documentation towards a more traditional sales role but it is going to take a long time to get the old guard out and new blood into leadership positions.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep evolving. There are still times when the old ways peek their heads through and you lose sight of what your Business Development team is trying to accomplish.

Great job for college students, management is fairly good have had great ones and not so great ones.

UPS Package Handler (Current Employee) Glens Falls, NY

ProsShift co-workers have a tight knit work relationship and work extremely well as a team when needed. Benefits are good, but rarely used.

ConsConsidering all the cons any union has to offer.

Painful!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsPay is good after a few years of entry-level crap work. Get to work outside. Union protection. Good health care plan.

ConsPainful! Expect body aches. Almost a year later and I still have sore hands from using their DIAD device.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Driver

UPS Driver (Current Employee) Portland, OR

ProsGood pay, benefits, vacation, job security.

ConsMistreatment by management at times. Lack of communication, and lack of transparency with management.
    Long hours, away from family to much. Bad leadership and multiple levels of management.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat people like you want to be treated. There is more to life than the bottom line.

Overall a good place to work, despite working in weather conditions.

UPS Loader (Former Employee) Louisville, KY

ProsIt was a great place to meet some awesome, long term friends. They also offer great benefits.

ConsWorking in the outside weather conditions were challenging.

PT Supervisor

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Pros27.5 hours. good pay. good benefits. varied job responsibilities.

ConsFT opportunities are very limited.

Pain in the butt.

Unloader (Current Employee) Hodgkins, IL

ProsPaid training, benefits after a year, and yearly raises.

ConsToo much favoritism, work you like slaves, after a while the money doesn't help anymore.

Advice to Senior ManagementRecognize your best workers.

It was great.

UPS Sorter (Former Employee) Oakland, CA

ProsBenefits are best. Great chance to move up.

Consvery rugged and lack of consistent hours ,compensation

Advice to Senior Managementtreat employees like you care

Great stability - steep ladder to climb

Account Executive (Current Employee) Jacksonville, FL

ProsFlexibility to set schedule -

ConsToo much back office work keeping you from selling - pricing difficult to obtain - competition will always beat UPS price - UPS appears to be protecting revenue rather than aggressively obtaining new revenue

Advice to Senior ManagementHelp with pricing - take away pricing tiers - competition does not have tiers in their agreement

SCS

Procurement Analyst (Current Employee) Alpharetta, GA

ProsHard to get fired.

ConsOutdated systems, processes, and facilities. Management to high up in the clouds to understand the impact of the decisions they hand down. Nepotism, favoritism and good ole boyish abound, which places unqualified people in positions for which they are not suited. The company will never change because it doesn't need to, UPS will be here. A lot of young employees leave frustrated. This is also an SCS centric review.

Advice to Senior ManagementThey won't listen

Worked for UPS? Contribute to the Community!