UPS

4 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Part time supervisor

Supervisor (Current Employee)

I have been working at UPS part-time for more than 8 years

ProsGreat part time job, received tuition reimbursement ($4000 a year), started off with 2 weeks of vacation, salary up to 27 1/2 hours a week then got paid by the hour after that (time and a half after 40 hours).

ConsProduction is everything there. GO, GO, GO. Be prepared to hustle the entire shift.

Advice to Senior ManagementWish quality was looked at more instead of quantity. I mean, we were handling customer packages with the intent to handle with care. That was overlooked by the GO, GO, GO mentality that the company brought upon us.

goodluck

UPS Package Handler (Former Employee)
Fort Worth, TX

I worked at UPS part-time for less than a year

Prosgreat benefits and good pay if you can get a full time postion

Consmanagement is horrible they hire 50 to 60 people at once

Senior Account Manager - Dallas TX

Senior Account Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at UPS full-time for more than 10 years

Prosgood benefits, job security, fortune 50 company

Consno real career path, lack of opportunities, micro-managing culture

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to the folks at the bottom rather than taking their ideas as going against the grain. Be open-minded or else the company will not move forward

We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

As said in many reviews, there is a military type atmosphere. All management cares about is numbers.

Part Time Supervisor (Current Employee)
Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at UPS part-time for more than a year

ProsStable company and stable job if you aren't a complete screw up...and even then you'll probably be around a while.

ConsAll they care about is numbers. Everyday they determine how good of a day it was based on how many packages were handled per person per hour. Rarely treated like a real person. Often lots of yelling.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake it a point to make your workers happy to be at work. You'd be surprised at what they can do if they want to be there. It could be a good job if not for the hostile atmosphere.

Worked for UPS? Contribute to the Community!

UPS Videos

UPS – Why Work for Us?

As a global leader in package delivery and supply chain solutions, UPS is passionate about innovating new ways to make business work better, from complex international distribution networks to local business deliveries… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at UPS reviews and ratings in Fort Worth, TX — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for UPS CEO D. Scott Davis. All reviews posted anonymously by UPS employees.