UPS

UPS Reviews in Greenville, SC

Updated Apr 28, 2014

UPS Chairman and CEO D. Scott Davis

D. Scott Davis

Pros
  • I was unloading trucks for 5 or 6 months before I got promoted to Part-Time Supervisor (in 223 reviews)

• Very structured organization with great benefits and hard working employees (in 212 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance is the biggest challenge, specifically for Management employees (in 82 reviews)

• I just got hired as a full time driver have to be in a casual drivers for months (in 150 reviews)

More Highlights
14 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Inside Sales Rep

Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee) Greenville, SC

ProsBenefits, stability, salary, hours of operation

Conspoor commission, operations mentality in a sales environment

Advice to Senior ManagementUse constructive criticism to boost morale and increase incentives for employees

Great

Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee) Greenville, SC

Prosbenefits, time off, pay, environment

Conspay could be better, commission could be provided earlier

Advice to Senior Managementkeep up the good work

Very awesome experience

Sales Associate (Current Employee) Greenville, SC

ProsIt is a very good place to start your career and be very successful.

ConsSalary and quarterly bonuses need to be addressed. In the sales positions you are actually performing two jobs sales and service.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

A very driven company where you will work hard but get paid for it

Driver Helper (Current Employee) Greenville, SC

ProsUPS is a great company to work for if you don't mind starting at the bottom and working hard as they promote mainly from within and give you great opportunities to move up.

ConsThe communication from upper management to ground level employees isn't always clear but supervisors are willing to do what they can to help solve problems.

UPS is a very intense company to work for.

Safety Supervisor (Current Employee) Greenville, SC

ProsIt is a very stable company. You have very good job security.

ConsYou are only as good as your previous day. Very little recognition for doing your job well.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your employees with the respect they deserve and you might get more out of them.

Hard performance driving company that pays good and provides good benefits

ProsGood benefits
    Stable Organization
    Mobility and promotion options
    UPS invest resources into developing their employees and bringing out the talent within them.

ConsSometimes slave driving / Iron Fist management style
    Too resistant to alternate ideas
    Middle management completely disengaged from associates
    Too report driven

Advice to Senior ManagementRemove barriers that stiffle creativity and engage associates in focus group meetings

Don't believe the hype

Inside Sales Representative to Account Executive (Former Employee) Greenville, SC

ProsThis is a sales environment, and the do an excellent job of selling you on a dream

ConsEverything, they lie, they lie, they lie

Advice to Senior ManagementI got hired as part of a fast track program and promised all the bells and whistles. While in training, they make you read this policy book to become familiar with the UPS policies. One in particular stands out "WE DON'T MAKE PROMISES WE CAN'T KEEP" This is a lie. We were promised a relo pkg of 10k, and never received it, we were promised that there would be numerous open territories, and those territories were not open. Training was supposed to be for 6 weeks, it lasted 10 weeks, I was forced to resign b/c I couldn't self relocate from FL to Oregon or NY. Advice: Do not hold training classes if you don't have open territory jobs, don't make the new hires read, live and breathe the policy book if the local HR can't uphold the policy. I was forced to resign, and the following week a position was posted in my area, and I was told they couldn't help me b/c I was no longer an employee. What happened to the family environment they preached about so much in training?

High Expectations

Freight Specialist (Former Employee) Greenville, SC

ProsGood benefits, good company, tries to be innovative

ConsLots of red tape, sometimes felt to big to make a difference.

High School with a pay check

Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) Greenville, SC

ProsJob security
    Good mix of fixed and variable compensation
    Benefits are on par with what other large companies offer.
    No travel required

ConsSales compensation is hard to calculate and it is a constant struggle to make your numbers based on projected growth vs. actual historic outcomes.

Advice to Senior ManagementRelocation light is a huge mistake because you are going to loose your best people when they are unable to sell their homes in this market.

Not recommended

Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) Greenville, SC

Prosgood benefits and good pay

ConsThey mess with your commission claiming errors. They dont have work life balance. If you are sick you are expected to work anyway. Overall the business is more important than you as an individual no matter the circumstance.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't micromanage you hired professionals let them be professional.

Worked for UPS? Contribute to the Community!