UPS

2,805 Reviews
3.4
2,805 Reviews

David Abney

Pros
  • Part-time supervisor position is helpful due to possible tuition reimbursement (in 248 reviews)

• Very structured organization with great benefits and hard working employees (in 246 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance is the biggest challenge, specifically for Management employees (in 94 reviews)

• part-time but sometimes you only work for an 1 hour which total waist of time (in 169 reviews)

More Highlights

88 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Such a wonderful place to intern.

Former Employee - Web Developer Intern in Louisville, KY
    Former Employee - Web Developer Intern in Louisville, KY

I worked at UPS as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

encouraging team mates, understand that your still a student and support you when needed at the same treat us professionally. wonderful place to learn. challenging projects that mould your technical career and make you feel confident.

Cons

pay could be better. But i think they are working on it.
    could sponsor VISA for students on F-1 so that they can continue as full-time employee

fun working there

Current Employee - UPS Package Handler in Louisville, KY
    Current Employee - UPS Package Handler in Louisville, KY

I have been working at UPS

Pros

its fun. not much of a boring place at all. get work done. teamwork goes well. managers are cool and laid back.

Cons

whatever the weather is outside is what it is inside. Boxes break and mash up all the time, never know what time youll get off.

none

I work third shift

Current Employee - Part Time Package Handler in Louisville, KY
    Current Employee - Part Time Package Handler in Louisville, KY

I have been working at UPS

Pros

School Bonuses, good healthcare plan

Cons

Hours, no room for growth, no vacation the first year, no personal or sick days.

Decent company just lack of work. Supervisors are ok but the co-workers have really low morale for the workplace.

Former Employee - Electronic Technician in Louisville, KY
    Former Employee - Electronic Technician in Louisville, KY

I worked at UPS

Pros

Just to have an extra part time job or to get some experience under your belt for a warehouse/ electronic position.

Cons

lack of work and lack of hours. facility very cold in winter and too hot in the summer. No good for electronic devices. Needs to be climate controled.

Good company to work for. I'm just under a year and love it thus far

Current Employee - Hub Administrator (Administrative @Worldport) in Louisville, KY

I have been working at UPS part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Benefits, pay and pay increase. Promotions if you willing to put in the work for it and make a name for yourself. There is job security at UPS and a great career path for individuals willing to work for it. also works great as a second job to supplement income. UPS is a huge corporation which leaves plenty of room for movement. Tons of positions will be soon opening up, ole folks will soon be retiring.

Cons

If you in school, avoid early morning classes especially during peak. When its cold its cold. certain co-workers :)

Some tool to help with the sort process needs upgrading/repair.

Its work.

Current Employee - UPS Loader in Louisville, KY
    Current Employee - UPS Loader in Louisville, KY

I have been working at UPS part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Pays for school, Great Benefits, pay is decent.

Cons

there isn't really any full time work, its all part time, and i feel like a lot of people get stuck there because they don't want to let go of the benefits

Great option for college

Former Employee - Revenue Recovery Auditor in Louisville, KY
    Former Employee - Revenue Recovery Auditor in Louisville, KY

I worked at UPS part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Decent pay, unbeatable benefits, pays college tuition, fun work environment.

Cons

Difficult to advance, usually part-time.

Promote from within based on supervisor recommendations.

"Big Company - Bad Luck?"

Current Employee - Part-time Package Handler in Louisville, KY
    Current Employee - Part-time Package Handler in Louisville, KY

I have been working at UPS part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good Benefits, Decent Pay depending on the job you acquire within the company. Work environment can be great depending on management and coworkers, however there is little done to improve worker morale.

Cons

Complete luck of the draw on placement with coworkers/management who can be awesome or completely incompetent. There is no incentive to work hard as you are paid the same regardless of amount of work done or type of employee you are. Abysmal company spirit among most employees encountered as they are only there because there are no other options. A great deal of time is spent on silly information that doesn't even pertain to the task you are performing.

Great place to work

Former Employee - Dispatch Administrative in Louisville, KY
    Former Employee - Dispatch Administrative in Louisville, KY

I worked at UPS part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great pay, great benefits, great co-workers. A very great place to work, as long as you are able to wait until a full-time position opens up and you are selected for that position. A great place to work for college students.

Cons

Need more full-time opportunities available.

Should definitely try to have more full-time opportunities available for employees.

Review

Former Employee - Next Day Handler in Louisville, KY
    Former Employee - Next Day Handler in Louisville, KY

I worked at UPS part-time (more than an year)

Pros

This place paid 100% tuition for the college I went to. A lot of benefits. Fast pace work environment, make the shift go by really fast when bulk shipments come through. Also btw. I was employed by UPS from 2006-2007. Its pretty crappy that website doesn't allow for me leave that option blank when when the drop down doesn't go back that far.

Cons

For 1st time starters the hours were low. I barely got 4hours a night at my short time there. I had to fight people off for peak season hours too. Working 3rd in order for them to pay my college 100 percent was horrible but I couldn't be too mad because I had my school paid for. I don't know if they still do it though. The program was called the Metropolitan college...something something....