UPS

2,721 Reviews
3.4
2,721 Reviews

David Abney

Pros
  • Part-time supervisor position is helpful due to possible tuition reimbursement (in 248 reviews)

• Very structured organization with great benefits and hard working employees (in 246 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance is the biggest challenge, specifically for Management employees (in 94 reviews)

• part-time but sometimes you only work for an 1 hour which total waist of time (in 169 reviews)

More Highlights

1 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Adventurous

Former Employee - Driver Assistant in Olympia, WA
    Former Employee - Driver Assistant in Olympia, WA

I worked at UPS

Pros

The Drivers are very relaxed guys but also hard working. I drove with three different guys, all with different personalities, all great people. Every one is kind of like a family there, so when you get in, you become like part of a family. Benefits are good, and there is exceptional room for growth in the company. People also really appreciate you if you show them you care. I got gifts and special treatment from our regulars during the holiday season. On the up side, you have a lot of privacy, and dont really have to get personal with any one if you dont want to. There isn't some one constantly looking over your shoulder.

Cons

The hours are long, and you are responsible for other peoples property. You experience all the changes in the weather because the trucks are basically big tin cans. No radio either. It can be very boring at times, and if you service a rural area like i did, then you may be short on pit stops. I had the choice of a bar, prison, or fire station. Haha.

communication and reach-ability of upper management was a bit scattered and difficult. I hate the trucks too! We have to be in these things all day, cant they be a bit more comfortable?