UPS

2,790 Reviews
3.4
2,790 Reviews

David Abney

Pros
  • Part-time supervisor position is helpful due to possible tuition reimbursement (in 248 reviews)

• Very structured organization with great benefits and hard working employees (in 246 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance is the biggest challenge, specifically for Management employees (in 94 reviews)

• part-time but sometimes you only work for an 1 hour which total waist of time (in 169 reviews)

More Highlights

29 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Ramp employee to Coordinator Supervisor

Current Employee - Coordinator Supervisor in Ontario, CA
    Current Employee - Coordinator Supervisor in Ontario, CA

I have been working at UPS part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Camaraderie. The family like environment is great. It reminds me of my 8 years of service in the military.

Cons

I have only been with the company 2 months, but so far I have nothing negative to say.

Benefits where great, but thats about it.

Former Employee - UPS Loader in Ontario, CA
    Former Employee - UPS Loader in Ontario, CA

I worked at UPS part-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Benefits where superb compared to any other. Never paid out of pocket for much. Prescription was 5$ or free for generic. Never really got disciplined for lack of attendance. Sometimes. If you are a student they will help with tuition it ain't much but it's something.

Cons

Part time proverty. Teamsters brothers and sisters often would hide instead of working. If someone had more seniority they automatically wanted someone else to do the job. Teamsters have fallen apart and have no back bone. It takes 10 years to become full time.

Grow a pair treat your employees fairly.

Very brief.

Current Employee - UPS Loader in Ontario, CA
    Current Employee - UPS Loader in Ontario, CA

I have been working at UPS part-time (less than an year)

Pros

benefits, union, if you last long enough there is room to grow within the company, if you are not put in a position to fail.

Cons

When you think about how much you get paid to load a container ( just imagine the size of the containers on a big rig), if someone was to offer you the same amount of money, tax free, you'd think they are crazy. huge turnaround, even with supervisors. doesnt matter how good of a worker you are, seniority rules. union

it would be nice to have been guaranteed at least 25 hours per week.

Kiss the wife and kids goodbye

Current Employee - UPS Full Time Supervisor in Ontario, CA
    Current Employee - UPS Full Time Supervisor in Ontario, CA

I have been working at UPS full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Pay is ok. They hang a carrot "stock" in front of your face
    Benefits are ok.

Cons

NO work/life balance if you are in a position of or near operations

Yes, if you have no life and dedicate yourself to UPS (and have a college degree)

Package Hanlder

Former Employee - Part Time Package Handler in Ontario, CA

I worked at UPS part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great benefits even for part-time package handlers as myself. I quit because I moved but I worked in the "small-sort" section of the ontario, ca HUB. Pretty easy overall, if you enjoy fast-paced environment especially during Christmas! Tuition reimbursement, purchase of stock, 401k , etc.

Cons

I was kind of disillusioned at the fact that most workers are lazy because UPS cannot really fire you unless you steal something. Also, part of your check goes to union fees! such a waste.

get rid of the Union!

Only good for long-term stay

Current Employee - Part Time Package Handler in Ontario, CA
    Current Employee - Part Time Package Handler in Ontario, CA

I have been working at UPS part-time

Pros

You cant really get fired that easily as any other job. Benefits. Can easily move up a supervisor in after six six months of working there.

Cons

Work is tough for little pay. Not a good job for short term workers. In the summer it gets really hot. Some position much harder than other, but everyone gets the same pay? It should be that the harder working position should be getting paid than the easily to work positions! In order to work full time, you have to be there for about 10 years.

package handler i am a sorter

Current Employee - Part Time Package Handler Sorter in Ontario, CA
    Current Employee - Part Time Package Handler Sorter in Ontario, CA

I have been working at UPS part-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

benefits from health care to discounts from many to places

Cons

the union teamster is great but if you want to advance in ups to supervisor you have to quit the union

They get a 2 star because they do have great benefits. Fix employee surveys.

Former Employee - Part Time Package Center Supervisor in Ontario, CA
    Former Employee - Part Time Package Center Supervisor in Ontario, CA

I worked at UPS part-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Benefits, time off, pay is ok

Cons

Pay's good BUT they only let you work PART TIME and no advancement. They like the pretty girls. HR is non-responsive. If you lie you succeed, be honest and you don't go anywhere.

Wake up***if you want quality people you have to give them full time hours. Spent 7 years of my life there for what. I get a pension of $35.00 per month "REALLY"

The people are interesting there.

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Ontario, CA
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Ontario, CA

I worked at UPS part-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The company has room for growth if there are years invested, but they are competitive with the pay even though it is usually part time when you start.

Cons

The people there have no enthusiasm to go to work, they feel the need to suck the life out of you when you are doing well for your life.

Management should definitely step up in employee engagement, the employees are definitely tough around the edges when they work there.

although full time is nearly impossible you have job security, good benefits, and good amount of vacation

Former Employee - Part Time Package Handler in Ontario, CA

I worked at UPS part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

good amount of vacation, raise in pay every six months or so. benefits are great and the job itself is easy. As long as you keep it good with management you will be fine. easy money. working for a good company like UPS for long opening doors at the beginning because of being able to work for a well known company. I would gladly go back to UPS if i could.

Cons

they dont really offer full time. technically have to put your time in. but 10-15 years of part time just wasnt for me. I hated that when i first started time I went in was from 12noon to 4pm. every few months it would just be later and later. now an old friend still working there says there start time is at 330pm and there out by 830pm. those are just ugly hours.

I know your under a lot of stress from upper management but just take it easy and let your area loaders do their job. there is no need to threaten or babysit. being under that type of management just sucks. dont try to act like your smarter than your loader especially if they have been doing that position for a long time now.