UPS

3.5
2,993 Reviews

UPS Chief Executive Officer David Abney
David Abney

Pros
  • Part-time supervisor position is helpful due to possible tuition reimbursement (in 248 reviews)

• Very structured organization with great benefits and hard working employees (in 246 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance is the biggest challenge, specifically for Management employees (in 94 reviews)

• part-time but sometimes you only work for an 1 hour which total waist of time (in 169 reviews)

More Highlights

Package driver for 27 years

Current Employee - Delivery Driver in Auburn, ME
    Current Employee - Delivery Driver in Auburn, ME

I have been working at UPS (more than 10 years)

Pros

The pay is excellent .health care is 100 % paid with 100 %coverage...with exception to eye and dental which is about 70%..coverage...pension is outstanding..full package with wages and benefits is worth 130,000 yearly..without a college education I am grateful for the standard of living UPS HAS AFFORDED ME AND MY FAMILY!...and with 27 years of service I now get 6 weeks vacation with 8 sick days..and 9 paid holidays...we work hard like many people in the work force but we are well compensated!.

Cons

The only con is while your children are young you give up a lot of family time..I never got to watch my kids play sports and missed a lot of their growing years...the job can be hard on your home life but if you can make it through those years you and your family will enjoy the financial freedom that UPS provides...and now I look forward to a prosperous retirement!...so hang in there all you young drivers...

Ditch Orion ...95 % if your drivers are loyal and are out there to save time and miles !!! Orion puts ridiculous restrictions on them!!! especially in remote areas...and to upper management I would recommend you compensate your mid to lower management with the same excellent pay and benefits you give us drivers..when they see us drivers with better benefits it makes bitter management..everyone should be able to say they are proud and well compensated to work for UPS...it's what has kept UPS a cut above the competition quality employees for quality pay...

Great Company ... Hard Work

Former Employee - UPS Preload in Sharonville, OH
    Former Employee - UPS Preload in Sharonville, OH

I worked at UPS

Pros

As a preloader, it was like getting paid to work out every morning.
    Steady hourly wage raises.
    Promoted safety with employee incentives (food, gifts)

Cons

Union job.. only promote from time spent and hard work won't allow you to move up.
    I would have actually stayed with the company forever except once you transfer facilities, your seniority resets to 0, putting that much further from driving (where you make the big bucks). I lived in Cincinnati, Ohio and am eventually moving to St. Louis, Missouri where my family resides but due to the resetting in seniority, my already three years of seniority would have proven to be worthless.

There were good eggs and bad ones. The good ones connected with employees on more than just being a number. I understand management feels heat for misloads and etc. but coming from someone that worked there for three years, we do our best (most of us) and mistakes happen. Some employees may just require more training than others.

Working at UPS now I know how to sort the boxes out and I know how to Unload/Load.

I have been working at UPS

Pros

i like to work at you UPS.They are very nice there and its a fun company to go to and work.

Cons

will what i was doing before working at my one job Lori's Group Home so UPS is the best job i ever had.

Great Loved It. Driver Helper

I have been working at UPS

Pros

Meet new people, helped get me in shape, payed every week.

Cons

A lot of running(light jog), thats about all. Seasonal.

So far I love working at ups. Started out as a loader, worked there for 1 week and then I was transferred to presorting

Current Employee - UPS Bagger in Jersey City, NJ
    Current Employee - UPS Bagger in Jersey City, NJ

I have been working at UPS

Pros

Weekly pay, tuition reimbursement good workout

Cons

I have no cons to add

Pre Load

Current Employee - Pre Load in Charleston, SC
    Current Employee - Pre Load in Charleston, SC

I have been working at UPS part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Good people, nice workout, done by 9am everyday, the pay is better than most jobs I've had doing similar work. work 1yr and you are eligible for benefits.

Cons

Early wake-up, sometimes you show up and there is no work... so you get sent home. If hired as seasonal, you must be rehired again before your 1yr for benefits starts.

none at this time.

Store 3016 bliss

Former Employee - Graphic Design in Hendersonville, TN
    Former Employee - Graphic Design in Hendersonville, TN

I worked at UPS part-time (less than a year)

Pros

GREAT boss, great people to work with, overall an amazing experience. I was the graphic designer for the store, but also worked the stairs front. It could not have been a better experience!

Cons

It couldn't be full time :( and also you have to know a lot about a lot which can be challenging at first. But by the end you can answer any question about shipping and printing, and so much more of what they offer

None that I can think of

Senior manager

Current Employee - Environmental in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Environmental in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at UPS full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

A world class company. Great people and management.

Cons

Salaries should be adjusted upwards.

Promotion process needs to be more transparent and less based on who you know.

a very good working expierience.

Former Employee - Driver Helper in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Driver Helper in Houston, TX

I worked at UPS part-time (less than a year)

Pros

good co worker-co- worker expierice

Cons

hard at times for some.

nothing bad to say honestly.

Long hours, competitive salary, good benefits, 401k, dental and eye.

Current Employee - Delivery Driver in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Delivery Driver in New York, NY

I have been working at UPS full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

It's a good solid company with room for you to grow.

Cons

Long hours, limited vacation time

Put yourself in the shoes of those you employ.