UPS Reviews

Reset
3.4
UPS Chief Executive Officer David Abney
David Abney

Pros
  • part time shift with good benefits (in 248 reviews)

• Great benefits from the employer (in 246 reviews)

Cons
  • NO work/life balance if you are in a position of or near operations (in 94 reviews)

• In many locations it can take 13 years to get a full-time job at UPS because they have thousands of part-time employees working full-time hours at (in 169 reviews)

4,091 Employee Reviews

Package driver for 27 years

Current Employee - Delivery Driver in Auburn, ME
    Current Employee - Delivery Driver in Auburn, ME

I have been working at UPS (More than 10 years)

Pros

The pay is excellent .health care is 100 % paid with 100 %coverage...with exception to eye and dental which is about 70%..coverage...pension is outstanding..full package with wages and benefits is worth 130,000 yearly..without a college education I am grateful for the standard of living UPS HAS AFFORDED ME AND MY FAMILY!...and with 27 years of service I now get 6 weeks vacation with 8 sick days..and 9 paid holidays...we work hard like many people in the work force but we are well compensated!.

Cons

The only con is while your children are young you give up a lot of family time..I never got to watch my kids play sports and missed a lot of their growing years...the job can be hard on your home life but if you can make it through those years you and your family will enjoy the financial freedom that UPS provides...and now I look forward to a prosperous retirement!...so hang in there all you young drivers...

Advice to Management

Ditch Orion ...95 % if your drivers are loyal and are out there to save time and miles !!! Orion puts ridiculous restrictions on them!!! especially in remote areas...and to upper management I would recommend you compensate your mid to lower management with the same excellent pay and benefits you give us drivers..when they see us drivers with better benefits it makes bitter management..everyone should be able to say they are proud and well compensated to work for UPS...it's what has kept UPS a cut above the competition quality employees for quality pay...

2. package handler am airport

Former Employee - Package Handler in Kansas City, MO
    Former Employee - Package Handler in Kansas City, MO

I worked at UPS (More than 8 years)

Pros

good management, working with planes, benefits.

Cons

hours, corporate managers who never worked an air operation in their career trying to tell us how to do our jobs better even though we worked the air ramp everyday and knew the best ways to accomplish our job.

3. Engineer

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Edmonds, WA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Edmonds, WA

I worked at UPS full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The pay is great but you definitely earn it. The benefits are also awesome, but again you more than work for them. Company culture is excellent there is a good spirit of working together to accomplish the goals.

Cons

Work life balance of ay kind is very difficult to achieve. Its preached a lot and they make you feel if you cant accomplish then its all your fault. Hard to achieve when you are told to work the extra hours or project deadlines are unreasonable.

Advice to Management

work life balance needs to be worked into the culture. If not UPS will continue to loose quality hard working people.

5. Francisco T. Lopez

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Manassas, VA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Manassas, VA

I worked at UPS (More than a year)

Pros

Because is a good place to work, excellent to follow in to the school goals, good ubication to go on time at place work.

Cons

the company is part to keep going studying schedule would allow me to continue with other outreach activities of study.

Advice to Management

I have seen the excellent work they have management and treatment for the people who work for the company

6. Very Nice

Pros

Good pay, paid time off, enjoyable work

Cons

There are no cons that I can think of.

Advice to Management

Don't change a thing, great business.

7. UPS sorter

Current Employee - Unloader in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Unloader in Columbus, OH

I have been working at UPS (Less than a year)

Pros

Good pay, good health insurance

Cons

work-related injuries, back pain, hot in the summer

Brown will keep on rolling!

Current Employee - Operations Supervisor in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Operations Supervisor in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at UPS full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great company mission. The company is always looking for cost effective ways to provide superior service to customers. They also provide excellent benefits.

Cons

Everyone complains about the hours. Company culture could be better, but with any corporation I'm sure that is different depending on the region you are in..

9. Great place to work

Current Employee - Part Time Package Handler in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Part Time Package Handler in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at UPS part-time

Pros

UPS has Decent pay, and flexible schedules It is a great place to work if you need a part-time job. Union represented job, health benefits after a year of seniority.

Cons

As with any place where you are loading boxes all the time it can be monotonous. The supervisors can be picky on how you load and such. Yet that is there job. Starting as a seasonal employee means you have to wait until the season ends to start seniority.

Advice to Management

I believe that less time to wait to get benefits would be great! Better pay than 10.10 when starting part-time.

10. Very safe and efficient

Former Employee - Loader/Unloader in East Syracuse, NY
    Former Employee - Loader/Unloader in East Syracuse, NY

I worked at UPS part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

All procedures were followed by employees to maintain safety and reliability.

Cons

Hazing occurred early on.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work

11. Great Place to have a career

Pros

Great work environment. Fair pay. Management is very easy to get along with. Your co workers can be trusted partners

Cons

Too big sometimes for its own good. Some co workers are shady but you find that in any company. Overall a great company.

Showing 4,091 of 4,202 reviews