UPS Reviews

2,478 Reviews

UPS Chairman and CEO D. Scott Davis
D. Scott Davis
1,129 Ratings

Pros
  • I was unloading trucks for 5 or 6 months before I got promoted to Part-Time Supervisor (in 223 reviews)

• Very structured organization with great benefits and hard working employees (in 212 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance is the biggest challenge, specifically for Management employees (in 82 reviews)

• I just got hired as a full time driver have to be in a casual drivers for months (in 150 reviews)

More Highlights

Not a bad place to work.

Current Employee - Air Package Handler  in  Louisville, KY
    Current Employee - Air Package Handler in Louisville, KY

I have been working at UPS part-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good pay, cool people, and great benefits. I have free health insurance and tuition assistance. Doesn't matter how old you are they will pay for college.

Cons

Takes a while to make a decent amount of money. Could be really hot or cold depending on the weather. Some people might not like 3rd shift. Only part time.

Actually listen to your employees who they have problems that you need to address.

Hard work in a fast pace work environment with great people too.

I have been working at UPS part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good personalities, some hate there job but understand hard work. Always stay busy, everyday is different.

Cons

Management can be difficult, little room for promotion, takes awhile to move up.

Needs more opportunities, only hire part time.

Intern

Current Employee - Intern  in  Livonia, MI
    Current Employee - Intern in Livonia, MI

I have been working at UPS as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Good work environemt
    greta pay
    greta benefits for full timers

Cons

long hours
    not innovative
    bad location but its about okay

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Every day is a new experience with new ways of networking and problem solving.

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant  in  Louisville, KY
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Louisville, KY

I have been working at UPS part-time for more than a year

Pros

I've learned to handle high stress situations with patience and problem solving skills. Finding creative ways to make the job easier and more productive and how hard work really pays off!

Cons

It's a high stress environment but you learn to deal efficiently with people and deadlines.

Since working here I've learned that training methods should be looked at and carried out more effectively. When people are trained the same way every time it takes away the confusion and miscommunication in the work place.

Package Handle

Former Employee - Part-time Package Handler  in  Miami, FL
    Former Employee - Part-time Package Handler in Miami, FL

I worked at UPS part-time for more than a year

Pros

Benefits are great, and there is potential to grow within the company, well the warehouse since that's where package handlers start working from, you can start at $9.50 (back in 2010) and by the 3rd month you get a dollar raise and are allowed to take a "sort-out" test for another dollar raise, so within the first year you can go from $9.50 to $ 11.50 the hour.

Cons

work conditions are pretty bad, there are time trailers you will need to load at over 90 degrees hot inside since they haven't been opened, very fast phased so it might be as a "con" for some people, have patient because you will be bossed around and told what to do, the place is very loud and fast so you might take things the wrong way when being told.

I feel you guys need to spend a day in the warehouse during busy hours to see the work that is done under the work conditions.

Not too shabby

Current Employee - Pre-loader
    Current Employee - Pre-loader

I have been working at UPS part-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Part time (union) employees make out like bandits with great pay and full benefits for only the cost of union dues. Short hours allow you to have another job or attend school without too much conflicting and usually one or both will work with your prior obligations.

Cons

Dealing with new hires that are improperly trained and having to go back through their work and fix it. Having supervisors constantly breathing down your neck and accusing you of sabotaging the company and work being done.

Reduce the piece per hour requirement for center managers to maintain (a little ridiculous sometimes), require part time supervisors to be properly trained to load truck and do all jobs they will be supervising, reduce the amount of packages on drivers trucks! Return the Christmas turkeys, a little appreciation for bringing in the dough would be nice.

Good company to work for, opportunity for growth and advancement.

I have been working at UPS

Pros

Career advancement opportunities and lots of learning and developing.

Cons

Very traditional company, it is over 100 years old so as expected.

Good Experience

I have been working at UPS

Pros

Good Company to Work for

Cons

i would recommend to those in the market

Good Job

Great Company to work for.

Former Employee - UPS Sorter
    Former Employee - UPS Sorter

I worked at UPS part-time for less than a year

Pros

I worked as a sorter and got two raises in less than 6 months. I worked in a main hub which is a huge building that gets packages from alot of states around the world. You get paid great for a good work out! I worked 3rd shift so i worked at night while my children slept. I left around 9 and was home by 2. You can advance quickly if you are smart and can pass a test with about 100 questions. Pay starts above min wage and after 90 days goes up then if you take your sort test another dollar than a dollar raise every year.

Cons

It is very fast paced! If you are working at a main hub like i was with over 400 people a shift you will work fast and hard. Be prepared to sweat and go home with wet clothes. But the job is easy overall if you have a good memory and can remember zip codes and colors. Rule is your hand should be on a new box every 3 seconds!

There are benefits after a year paid vacation and pay weekly.

They hired me as a felon (grand theft) and gave me full time benefits and everything I could ever ask for. Amazing....

Current Employee - UPS Preload  in  Nampa, ID
    Current Employee - UPS Preload in Nampa, ID

I have been working at UPS part-time for less than a year

Pros

After a year, part time workers receive FULL TIME BENEFITS!!!! The best medical, dental, and eye coverage in the WORLD!!!

Cons

It really is hard work, but its do-able, and the employee environment is incredible conducive to personal growth. This was more like a pro, But you do have to work hard, understand that.

I hope to join you one day. Try not to let PT management become the scapegoats of upper management problems.

Worked for UPS? Contribute to the Community!