UPS Reviews

3.5
3,414 Reviews
UPS Chief Executive Officer David Abney
David Abney

Pros
  • Part-time supervisor position is helpful due to possible tuition reimbursement (in 248 reviews)

• Very structured organization with great benefits and hard working employees (in 246 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance is the biggest challenge, specifically for Management employees (in 94 reviews)

• part-time but sometimes you only work for an 1 hour which total waist of time (in 169 reviews)

Package driver for 27 years

Current Employee - Delivery Driver in Auburn, ME
    Current Employee - Delivery Driver in Auburn, ME

I have been working at UPS (More than 10 years)

Pros

The pay is excellent .health care is 100 % paid with 100 %coverage...with exception to eye and dental which is about 70%..coverage...pension is outstanding..full package with wages and benefits is worth 130,000 yearly..without a college education I am grateful for the standard of living UPS HAS AFFORDED ME AND MY FAMILY!...and with 27 years of service I now get 6 weeks vacation with 8 sick days..and 9 paid holidays...we work hard like many people in the work force but we are well compensated!.

Cons

The only con is while your children are young you give up a lot of family time..I never got to watch my kids play sports and missed a lot of their growing years...the job can be hard on your home life but if you can make it through those years you and your family will enjoy the financial freedom that UPS provides...and now I look forward to a prosperous retirement!...so hang in there all you young drivers...

Advice to Management

Ditch Orion ...95 % if your drivers are loyal and are out there to save time and miles !!! Orion puts ridiculous restrictions on them!!! especially in remote areas...and to upper management I would recommend you compensate your mid to lower management with the same excellent pay and benefits you give us drivers..when they see us drivers with better benefits it makes bitter management..everyone should be able to say they are proud and well compensated to work for UPS...it's what has kept UPS a cut above the competition quality employees for quality pay...

2. Very Good Employer

I have been working at UPS

Pros

They have great benefits for their employees

Cons

Long hours and hard work

3. 747 FO Anchorage

Current Employee - Pilot in Anchorage, AK
    Current Employee - Pilot in Anchorage, AK

I have been working at UPS full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Very profitable company with great training and equipment. Salary and benefits excellent. As opposed to passenger airlines, we don't have to deal with locked doors and ride complaints.

Cons

International & night flying is fatiguing.

Advice to Management

Keep growing to compete with other global operators. Stay on the forefront of technology.

5. Great company if you can get in.

I worked at UPS

Pros

Benefits are good, not confined to office.

Cons

Supervisors treat you like a machine.

6. Pre-Loader

Current Employee - UPS Preload in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - UPS Preload in Orlando, FL

I have been working at UPS part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Hours work for those who are in school.
    Work load was as expected for working for a large company.
    Has a lot of benefits (can not name)

Cons

Although this is a good company to work for, the major down side is this, you cannot leave (no matter the reason) transfer until after you have worked for the company for at least a year. Working seasonal does not count as a part of your year unless they keep you on. If you leave for before that time you will not be able to come back and work for them again. AT ALL!!

Communication with managers is very hard.

Advice to Management

Just a bit of advice to upper management, teach the managers how to interact with workers better. Although its a fast paced work environment, there is no need for disrespect. The whole working for a year before you can transfer thing is kinda bad. If you have college students working with the company (which you have a lot of) when they are finished with their degree they will probably have to relocate for their new degree. Having this job as a fall back if something drastic happens is a good thing.

7. Account Manager

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Edison, NJ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Edison, NJ

I worked at UPS (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great company. It is a well known leader in the industry that commands respect. That makes it easier to get meetings with new clients. The people I came into contact with there were helpful. It is a team atmosphere and they spend a lot of time on continuing education to make sure everyone is at their best.

Cons

Strict sales goals and reviews. As with any sales position there is pressure to meet those goals and exceed them the next year. Working in logistics also gets stressful when things on the operations side fail. You must work well with the center managers and drivers and be able to compromise well for the good of the clients. However- remember that the drivers are king. When costs need to be cut they started doing away with some of management benefits.

8. Inside Sales

Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in San Antonio, TX

I worked at UPS full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Quarterly bonus, great compensation set schedule moday - Friday 8-5.

Cons

at the desk all day, uncontrollable factors are blamed on you. Micro management at its finest.

9. Operations Coordinator

Current Employee - Operations Supervisor in Oakland, CA
    Current Employee - Operations Supervisor in Oakland, CA

I have been working at UPS (More than 5 years)

Pros

Camaraderie between hourly staff and management staff is like nothing ive ever seen before except the military. ive made friends for life there.

Cons

Like any other big corporate company there's allot of politics and foo foo. Careful who you trust and always questions peoples motives

Advice to Management

NONE

10. Freight Account Executive

Current Employee - Freight Account Executive in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Freight Account Executive in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at UPS full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great work Ethics and benefits

Cons

Expectations high and work load dependent on your management team

Advice to Management

None. They do the best for the company they can do and are open to challenges and resolution

11. If you like working hard, this is the place.

I have been working at UPS part-time

Pros

Fast paced, hard work, degree not needed for union employees, great benefits (especially for union employees.)

Cons

Takes a while either in in management or union to move up beyond part time in most areas.