UPS

3.4
2,980 Reviews

UPS Chief Executive Officer David Abney
David Abney

Pros
  • Part-time supervisor position is helpful due to possible tuition reimbursement (in 248 reviews)

• Very structured organization with great benefits and hard working employees (in 246 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance is the biggest challenge, specifically for Management employees (in 94 reviews)

• part-time but sometimes you only work for an 1 hour which total waist of time (in 169 reviews)

More Highlights

Package driver for 27 years

Current Employee - Delivery Driver in Auburn, ME
    Current Employee - Delivery Driver in Auburn, ME

I have been working at UPS (more than 10 years)

Pros

The pay is excellent .health care is 100 % paid with 100 %coverage...with exception to eye and dental which is about 70%..coverage...pension is outstanding..full package with wages and benefits is worth 130,000 yearly..without a college education I am grateful for the standard of living UPS HAS AFFORDED ME AND MY FAMILY!...and with 27 years of service I now get 6 weeks vacation with 8 sick days..and 9 paid holidays...we work hard like many people in the work force but we are well compensated!.

Cons

The only con is while your children are young you give up a lot of family time..I never got to watch my kids play sports and missed a lot of their growing years...the job can be hard on your home life but if you can make it through those years you and your family will enjoy the financial freedom that UPS provides...and now I look forward to a prosperous retirement!...so hang in there all you young drivers...

Ditch Orion ...95 % if your drivers are loyal and are out there to save time and miles !!! Orion puts ridiculous restrictions on them!!! especially in remote areas...and to upper management I would recommend you compensate your mid to lower management with the same excellent pay and benefits you give us drivers..when they see us drivers with better benefits it makes bitter management..everyone should be able to say they are proud and well compensated to work for UPS...it's what has kept UPS a cut above the competition quality employees for quality pay...

Great Company ... Hard Work

Former Employee - UPS Preload in Sharonville, OH
    Former Employee - UPS Preload in Sharonville, OH

I worked at UPS

Pros

As a preloader, it was like getting paid to work out every morning.
    Steady hourly wage raises.
    Promoted safety with employee incentives (food, gifts)

Cons

Union job.. only promote from time spent and hard work won't allow you to move up.
    I would have actually stayed with the company forever except once you transfer facilities, your seniority resets to 0, putting that much further from driving (where you make the big bucks). I lived in Cincinnati, Ohio and am eventually moving to St. Louis, Missouri where my family resides but due to the resetting in seniority, my already three years of seniority would have proven to be worthless.

There were good eggs and bad ones. The good ones connected with employees on more than just being a number. I understand management feels heat for misloads and etc. but coming from someone that worked there for three years, we do our best (most of us) and mistakes happen. Some employees may just require more training than others.

Store 3016 bliss

Former Employee - Graphic Design in Hendersonville, TN
    Former Employee - Graphic Design in Hendersonville, TN

I worked at UPS part-time (less than a year)

Pros

GREAT boss, great people to work with, overall an amazing experience. I was the graphic designer for the store, but also worked the stairs front. It could not have been a better experience!

Cons

It couldn't be full time :( and also you have to know a lot about a lot which can be challenging at first. But by the end you can answer any question about shipping and printing, and so much more of what they offer

None that I can think of

Senior manager

Current Employee - Environmental in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Environmental in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at UPS full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

A world class company. Great people and management.

Cons

Salaries should be adjusted upwards.

Promotion process needs to be more transparent and less based on who you know.

Very consistent work. Physically active but not terrible, felt like you were working out at the gym during your shift.

Former Employee - Preloader in Kansas City, KS
    Former Employee - Preloader in Kansas City, KS

I worked at UPS

Pros

Great Pay, Excellent benefits. Fair system of promotion.

Cons

Early hours and monotonous. Employees were definitely viewed as a number not an individual.

Realize the humanity of your employees. Reward all-star performers.

A little rigid almost military in a sense but great opportunities if your looking to expand your technical expertise

I worked at UPS full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good benefits, opportunity for growth

Cons

Shift work, suit and tie required at some locations

Make the extra effort to retain good employees

I love working for this company.

Current Employee - Part Time Package Handler in Flagstaff, AZ
    Current Employee - Part Time Package Handler in Flagstaff, AZ

I have been working at UPS

Pros

Beneftis, Scheduling, longevity, a wor out

Cons

If you stay consistent you will make it.

N/A

Flexible Company that is great to work for

I have been working at UPS

Pros

This company provides great benefits, really fantastic pay, the ability to move up, and different stations in the company. The managers there are also super nice and enjoyable.

Cons

The work hours arn't the best. You can either work 3pm to 10pm or overnight. I work overnight and it works great for my school schedule, but I am normally tired for the rest of the day.

Retirement Career

Current Employee - Package Handler in Beaverton, OR
    Current Employee - Package Handler in Beaverton, OR

I have been working at UPS part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Good benefits and job perks. Annual bonus. Teamsters Union. Good pay and good hours if you can last for around 4 to 10 years as a box handler.

Cons

Hard physical labor, long hours, early hours, sleep deprivation.

Hire quality people to be managers. Bad managers bring everyone down.

Temp position too long. Pay unpredictable. Great pay once full time.

Current Employee - TCD Driver in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - TCD Driver in Austin, TX

I have been working at UPS

Pros

Great pay once full time. Great health insurance.

Cons

Temp too long. Pay unpredictable as s TCD Driver. Loader payb too low. Hours not guaranteed as s temporary employee!

Treat TCD drivers like full time. Give routes for those not there. Find something to do to maintain hours!