UPS Reviews

3.5
3,260 Reviews
UPS Chief Executive Officer David Abney
David Abney

Pros
  • Part-time supervisor position is helpful due to possible tuition reimbursement (in 248 reviews)

• Very structured organization with great benefits and hard working employees (in 246 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance is the biggest challenge, specifically for Management employees (in 94 reviews)

• part-time but sometimes you only work for an 1 hour which total waist of time (in 169 reviews)

Package driver for 27 years

Current Employee - Delivery Driver in Auburn, ME
    Current Employee - Delivery Driver in Auburn, ME

I have been working at UPS (more than 10 years)

Pros

The pay is excellent .health care is 100 % paid with 100 %coverage...with exception to eye and dental which is about 70%..coverage...pension is outstanding..full package with wages and benefits is worth 130,000 yearly..without a college education I am grateful for the standard of living UPS HAS AFFORDED ME AND MY FAMILY!...and with 27 years of service I now get 6 weeks vacation with 8 sick days..and 9 paid holidays...we work hard like many people in the work force but we are well compensated!.

Cons

The only con is while your children are young you give up a lot of family time..I never got to watch my kids play sports and missed a lot of their growing years...the job can be hard on your home life but if you can make it through those years you and your family will enjoy the financial freedom that UPS provides...and now I look forward to a prosperous retirement!...so hang in there all you young drivers...

Ditch Orion ...95 % if your drivers are loyal and are out there to save time and miles !!! Orion puts ridiculous restrictions on them!!! especially in remote areas...and to upper management I would recommend you compensate your mid to lower management with the same excellent pay and benefits you give us drivers..when they see us drivers with better benefits it makes bitter management..everyone should be able to say they are proud and well compensated to work for UPS...it's what has kept UPS a cut above the competition quality employees for quality pay...

2. Great for students and those that do not mind physical work

Current Employee - Seasonal Driver Helper and Warehouse in Lubbock, TX
    Current Employee - Seasonal Driver Helper and Warehouse in Lubbock, TX

I have been working at UPS

Pros

Great hours and ability to move up within the company. UPS is very loyal to its workers and will see the progress and extra effort.

Cons

The work gets very stressful during the holidays and driver helpers are not paid much

None

3. Great place to work.

I have been working at UPS

Pros

Great medical, dental, vision, life insurance. Pay is good. Great vacation and sick days. I have a total of 5 weeks combined.

Cons

Mostly part time opportunities. Difficult to become full time. Since it is part time I need two jobs to make ends meet.

5. UPS is for life

Former Employee - Account Executive in Brooklyn, NY
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Brooklyn, NY

I worked at UPS full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I've met life long friends, reached goals I didn't think were possible, was given the freedom of being myself while choosing a career path that was just right. This company gives great compensation and stock. Depending on your skills in the field you can earn a lot of money. The culture is the best part, they give you freedom to do you job while giving you all the resources you need to get the job done.

Cons

Sometimes upper management can micro manage and they move around a ton, but when you get a good manager you'll know it because they can change your life.

If the AE's like their manager, don't move him/her, only move if there seems to be a loss in morale.

6. Part time Supervsor

Current Employee - Part Time Supervisor in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Part Time Supervisor in Dallas, TX

I have been working at UPS

Pros

Instantaneous benefits(health,401k..etc), starting pay. Tuition reimbursement.Size of comapny translates to room for growth

Cons

High pressure work environment. Managers tend to be rude and vulgar

Allow chain of command instructions to be passed down(ie. no overlapping instructions)

Great benefits

Current Employee - Sorter in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Sorter in Houston, TX

I have been working at UPS part-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Free insurance for singles and family. After one year of service. Felxible hours.

Cons

Earning sonority through time. Part-time only no full-time, only with time like 5 or 8 years.

Fix the hr department. There not keeping there word with the part-time employees. They worried about whats for lunch.

Personal Experience

Former Employee - Pre Loader
    Former Employee - Pre Loader

I worked at UPS part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Great benefits and outstanding support

Cons

Arduous, demanding and hard manual labor.

Know what you are signing up for before getting a warehouse job at UPS

9. Goes By Quick

I have been working at UPS

Pros

Free Workout and great benefits

Cons

Can often be stressful during busy times

Na

10. Great People, Smooth Experience

Former Employee - Driver Helper in Gainesville, GA
    Former Employee - Driver Helper in Gainesville, GA

I worked at UPS part-time (less than a year)

Pros

With the position that I had, it was easy to get in a lot of hours if you are a reliable employee. They were really eager to work with the schedule that you had. The job itself was interesting because it was always changing and would keep you on your toes.

Cons

The work can be stressful as you often have to go to houses with unknown circumstances. IE dogs. This is not a job for you if you do not plan on walking much or are not in decent shape. It requires you to get in and out of a high truck hundreds of times a day, and lift heavy objects. If the weather is not good, too bad, you're going to be out in it.

Don't expect every one of your seasonal employees to be a deadbeat. I understand that a lot of the people looking for part time jobs like this are often flakey, but that doesn't mean you have to treat every hire like that. I had a couple of instances where I got treated as an unreliable or less than great employee, but once I had been working for a little while and they realized what kind of employee I was, I got treated with much more respect.

Great Company

I have been working at UPS

Pros

-Great place to gain valuable experience.
    -Great place to work.

Cons

-Depending on area may take a while for advancement.