UPS

UPS Chairman and CEO D. Scott Davis

D. Scott Davis

(1,083 ratings)

2,333 Employee Reviews

Pros:
  • "I was unloading trucks for 5 or 6 months before I got promoted to Part-Time Supervisor"
    in 216 reviews
  • "Great benefits, competitive pay for all but the lowest package handlers"
    in 200 reviews
Cons:
  • "Work life balance is the biggest challenge, specifically for Management employees"
    in 75 reviews
  • "I just got hired as a full time driver have to be in a casual drivers for months"
    in 147 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Excellent

UPS Driver (Current Employee)
    Fort Worth, TX

ProsBenefits, salary, 401k, stock,

ConsHours, heat, no appreation,

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider the things the drivers do for the company and appreciate them more.

Intern

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Pros-Friendly atmosphere
    -mission critical projects
    -Able to take initiative in what you want to do

Cons-As with any large company, it can sometimes seem like there are a lot of hoops to jump through if you want to install something new on your computer or if you want to develop using a different language

Good pay, phenomenal benefits, challenging work but not rocket-science.

Accounting Specialist (Former Employee)
    Coppell, TX

ProsGreat opportunities for over-time pay. There is a consolidation push into the Coppell office for accounting positions resulting in a lot of work. I enjoyed cleaning accounts up after they were insourced. There is a real camaraderie feel and team work is a norm. I've never seen a company provide better benefits, I was practically paying nothing for a family of three. There are also a lot of advancement opportunities so if you learn quickly and apply yourself, you can climb the ladder fairly quickly.

ConsBeing that a lot of the work is being insourced, some of the accounts are messy and require to be combed with a fine-tuned comb. There aren't a lot of opportunities for training but I saw a push to change that. A lot of the people you work with are younger people (fresh out of college) so there could be an arrogance in the air and a lot of inexperience. There is also a high turnover in this office.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement has pushed for work-life balance which was a great incentive. My advice is to pay attention to those individuals that are making the accounts better and teach them leadership skills. There are some workers who are being promoted to supervisor levels that have no business being there other than the knowledge they have acquired from working there for over a year. Supervising not only requires knowledge of the work but also people-managing skills (which a lot of the Latin America sups do not have).

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Stressful, but worth it.

UPS Package Handler (Former Employee)
    Louisville, KY

ProsVery good benefits. Pay starts out low but gets higher with experience. The training helps with safety and learning what to do in your area.

ConsHOT the warehouses are hot. The sups can be very pushy at times also. And you work holidays too

UPS has demonstrated great value and vision towards the future.

Part Time Operations Supervisor (Current Employee)
    Minneapolis, MN

ProsEach day is challenging and different. I actually look forward to coming to work and happily arrive early or stay late. Management above me gives me goals to meet that are attainable and rewarding. This company looks to promote from within and rarely hires outside. There is huge room for growth in this company and in coming years there will be a lot, I mean A LOT of positions opening up in upper management.

ConsIf you are looking for a job that gives you the same task without variables everyday this isn't for you. Also, though there are different shifts to work throughout the day, some people burnout on the nights as supervisors because they cannot cope with the scheduling.

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider working closer with middle and even lower management to learn about short comings of the company, or ideas for boosting achievement.

fun fast paced and met a lot of new people

Prosgood benefits long term job and it also has good pay along with long term job status.

Consa lot of hours and time away from family thru out the week

Package Handler

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    West Chester, PA

Prosgood pay, basically paid to excercise

Consdifficult work, not compensated for hard work

package handler i am a sorter

Part Time Package Handler Sorter (Current Employee)
    Ontario, CA

Prosbenefits from health care to discounts from many to places

Consthe union teamster is great but if you want to advance in ups to supervisor you have to quit the union

Used to be better.

Senior Technician (Current Employee)

ProsStable, good people to work with, challenging, some growth opportunities. Some what fair compensations.

ConsExpect a lot of knowledge and expertise with out pay reflection.

Advice to Senior ManagementReevaluate how important technology is to this company. Take better care of the techs that support the systems that run the entire operations. Take care of the techs that are servicing the customers that are paying your MIP, bonuses and even the pt employees wages. We are loosing droves of 15- 20 yr people that are crucial for us to keep the technology advantage over or compedeitors.

Challenging, Unforgiving, but Promising

Pre-loader (Current Employee)
    Carrollton, GA

ProsThe average pay wage is much higher than most starter jobs, and the raises are consistent. There is plenty of head room, and seniority counts within every portion of the company. The job is incredibly challenging and superiors constantly push you. Most package handling jobs are vigorous and challenging for the body.

ConsThe company expects the best from you and often seems unforgivably strict. I have yet to experience this behavior, but have often witnessed it, which is solely due to my strict work ethic. Thus, if you are a casual/lazy worker, prepare to not last long in this company.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the motivational encouragement! But understand that we are human, not robots.

Worked for UPS? Contribute to the Community!

UPS Videos

UPS – Why Work for Us?

As a global leader in package delivery and supply chain solutions, UPS is passionate about innovating new ways to make business work better, from complex international distribution networks to local business deliveries… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at UPS reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for UPS CEO D. Scott Davis. All 2,333 reviews posted anonymously by UPS employees.