UPS Reviews

3.5
3,267 Reviews
UPS Chief Executive Officer David Abney
David Abney

Pros
  • Part-time supervisor position is helpful due to possible tuition reimbursement (in 248 reviews)

• Very structured organization with great benefits and hard working employees (in 246 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance is the biggest challenge, specifically for Management employees (in 94 reviews)

• part-time but sometimes you only work for an 1 hour which total waist of time (in 169 reviews)

Package driver for 27 years

Current Employee - Delivery Driver in Auburn, ME
    Current Employee - Delivery Driver in Auburn, ME

I have been working at UPS (more than 10 years)

Pros

The pay is excellent .health care is 100 % paid with 100 %coverage...with exception to eye and dental which is about 70%..coverage...pension is outstanding..full package with wages and benefits is worth 130,000 yearly..without a college education I am grateful for the standard of living UPS HAS AFFORDED ME AND MY FAMILY!...and with 27 years of service I now get 6 weeks vacation with 8 sick days..and 9 paid holidays...we work hard like many people in the work force but we are well compensated!.

Cons

The only con is while your children are young you give up a lot of family time..I never got to watch my kids play sports and missed a lot of their growing years...the job can be hard on your home life but if you can make it through those years you and your family will enjoy the financial freedom that UPS provides...and now I look forward to a prosperous retirement!...so hang in there all you young drivers...

Ditch Orion ...95 % if your drivers are loyal and are out there to save time and miles !!! Orion puts ridiculous restrictions on them!!! especially in remote areas...and to upper management I would recommend you compensate your mid to lower management with the same excellent pay and benefits you give us drivers..when they see us drivers with better benefits it makes bitter management..everyone should be able to say they are proud and well compensated to work for UPS...it's what has kept UPS a cut above the competition quality employees for quality pay...

Personal Experience

Former Employee - Pre Loader
    Former Employee - Pre Loader

I worked at UPS part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Great benefits and outstanding support

Cons

Arduous, demanding and hard manual labor.

Know what you are signing up for before getting a warehouse job at UPS

3. Long but a worthwhile career

Current Employee - Feeder Driver in Ontario, CA
    Current Employee - Feeder Driver in Ontario, CA

I have been working at UPS full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Pay, vacation time, paid benefits

Cons

Long hours at times, decrease in employee appreciation,

Account Executives need to do their job and take back our lost customers.

5. Seasonal Intern

Former Intern - Seasonal Recruiter in Austin, TX
    Former Intern - Seasonal Recruiter in Austin, TX

I worked at UPS as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

I rarely was in the office due to the nature of the job--it involved recruiting seasonal driver helpers/package handlers--so that was nice, not being stuck behind a desk.

Cons

Since I was not in-office, I did not get to know my supervisor or any of my other co-workers in the department.

I suppose team meetings would be nice to help with a sense of team-building/teamwork.

6. Great for students and those that do not mind physical work

Current Employee - Seasonal Driver Helper and Warehouse in Lubbock, TX
    Current Employee - Seasonal Driver Helper and Warehouse in Lubbock, TX

I have been working at UPS

Pros

Great hours and ability to move up within the company. UPS is very loyal to its workers and will see the progress and extra effort.

Cons

The work gets very stressful during the holidays and driver helpers are not paid much

None

7. High pressure, fast paced environment

I worked at UPS

Pros

Good benefits, decent salary. Work/Life balance in line with most

Cons

Technologically behind the times in my area of expertise - systems not intgrated

8. Great place to work.

I have been working at UPS

Pros

Great medical, dental, vision, life insurance. Pay is good. Great vacation and sick days. I have a total of 5 weeks combined.

Cons

Mostly part time opportunities. Difficult to become full time. Since it is part time I need two jobs to make ends meet.

9. UPS is for life

Former Employee - Account Executive in Brooklyn, NY
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Brooklyn, NY

I worked at UPS full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I've met life long friends, reached goals I didn't think were possible, was given the freedom of being myself while choosing a career path that was just right. This company gives great compensation and stock. Depending on your skills in the field you can earn a lot of money. The culture is the best part, they give you freedom to do you job while giving you all the resources you need to get the job done.

Cons

Sometimes upper management can micro manage and they move around a ton, but when you get a good manager you'll know it because they can change your life.

If the AE's like their manager, don't move him/her, only move if there seems to be a loss in morale.

10. Part time Supervsor

Current Employee - Part Time Supervisor in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Part Time Supervisor in Dallas, TX

I have been working at UPS

Pros

Instantaneous benefits(health,401k..etc), starting pay. Tuition reimbursement.Size of comapny translates to room for growth

Cons

High pressure work environment. Managers tend to be rude and vulgar

Allow chain of command instructions to be passed down(ie. no overlapping instructions)

Great benefits

Current Employee - Sorter in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Sorter in Houston, TX

I have been working at UPS part-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Free insurance for singles and family. After one year of service. Felxible hours.

Cons

Earning sonority through time. Part-time only no full-time, only with time like 5 or 8 years.

Fix the hr department. There not keeping there word with the part-time employees. They worried about whats for lunch.