UPS Reviews

Reset
3.4
UPS Chief Executive Officer David Abney
David Abney

Pros
  • part time shift with good benefits (in 248 reviews)

• Great benefits from the employer (in 246 reviews)

Cons
  • NO work/life balance if you are in a position of or near operations (in 94 reviews)

• In many locations it can take 13 years to get a full-time job at UPS because they have thousands of part-time employees working full-time hours at (in 169 reviews)

4,108 Employee Reviews

Package driver for 27 years

Current Employee - Delivery Driver in Auburn, ME
    Current Employee - Delivery Driver in Auburn, ME

I have been working at UPS (More than 10 years)

Pros

The pay is excellent .health care is 100 % paid with 100 %coverage...with exception to eye and dental which is about 70%..coverage...pension is outstanding..full package with wages and benefits is worth 130,000 yearly..without a college education I am grateful for the standard of living UPS HAS AFFORDED ME AND MY FAMILY!...and with 27 years of service I now get 6 weeks vacation with 8 sick days..and 9 paid holidays...we work hard like many people in the work force but we are well compensated!.

Cons

The only con is while your children are young you give up a lot of family time..I never got to watch my kids play sports and missed a lot of their growing years...the job can be hard on your home life but if you can make it through those years you and your family will enjoy the financial freedom that UPS provides...and now I look forward to a prosperous retirement!...so hang in there all you young drivers...

Advice to Management

Ditch Orion ...95 % if your drivers are loyal and are out there to save time and miles !!! Orion puts ridiculous restrictions on them!!! especially in remote areas...and to upper management I would recommend you compensate your mid to lower management with the same excellent pay and benefits you give us drivers..when they see us drivers with better benefits it makes bitter management..everyone should be able to say they are proud and well compensated to work for UPS...it's what has kept UPS a cut above the competition quality employees for quality pay...

2. Preloader

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

I worked at UPS part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great work out and fast paced

Cons

Early mornings and some cold weather

Advice to Management

None

3. MRS

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

I have been working at UPS part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I'd like to work in UPS because is an excelent company, with oprtuninities, good remuneration, good condition and reputation.

Cons

i wos worker in hotel,store,bakery,subway,oficce by internet, but i'd like to work in UPS, driver or handler packet

5. Great company

Pros

Encourage career growth. Always a new job on the horizon. If you are in the right job there is stock options. All in all, this is a great company to work for.

Cons

Health insurance. They claim to have great benefits but it must only be for Union workers. Other than that there is not much bad to say in my opinion.

Advice to Management

Stay more in touch with the reality of the price war from the competition. Often felt like we are flat in regards to the need for new products and price points.

6. My experience

Former Employee - Logistics in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Logistics in Atlanta, GA

I worked at UPS part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good pay and benefits, college

Cons

Work with crazy tasks at hand

7. Good company to work for

I have been working at UPS part-time

Pros

Good benefits and good people

Cons

Not enough recognition for good work

8. package handler am airport

Former Employee - Package Handler in Kansas City, MO
    Former Employee - Package Handler in Kansas City, MO

I worked at UPS (More than 8 years)

Pros

good management, working with planes, benefits.

Cons

hours, corporate managers who never worked an air operation in their career trying to tell us how to do our jobs better even though we worked the air ramp everyday and knew the best ways to accomplish our job.

9. Engineer

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Edmonds, WA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Edmonds, WA

I worked at UPS full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The pay is great but you definitely earn it. The benefits are also awesome, but again you more than work for them. Company culture is excellent there is a good spirit of working together to accomplish the goals.

Cons

Work life balance of ay kind is very difficult to achieve. Its preached a lot and they make you feel if you cant accomplish then its all your fault. Hard to achieve when you are told to work the extra hours or project deadlines are unreasonable.

Advice to Management

work life balance needs to be worked into the culture. If not UPS will continue to loose quality hard working people.

10. Good job

Current Employee - Part Time Package Handler in Louisville, KY
    Current Employee - Part Time Package Handler in Louisville, KY

I have been working at UPS (Less than a year)

Pros

It has decent pay. Great benefits.

Cons

It is tough hours and work.

11. Francisco T. Lopez

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Manassas, VA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Manassas, VA

I worked at UPS (More than a year)

Pros

Because is a good place to work, excellent to follow in to the school goals, good ubication to go on time at place work.

Cons

the company is part to keep going studying schedule would allow me to continue with other outreach activities of study.

Advice to Management

I have seen the excellent work they have management and treatment for the people who work for the company

Showing 4,108 of 4,220 reviews