UPS

3.3 2,377 reviews

UPS Chairman and CEO D. Scott Davis

D. Scott Davis

(1,094 ratings)

Pros
  • I was unloading trucks for 5 or 6 months before I got promoted to Part-Time Supervisor(in 223 reviews)

• Very structured organization with great benefits and hard working employees(in 212 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance is the biggest challenge, specifically for Management employees(in 82 reviews)

• I just got hired as a full time driver have to be in a casual drivers for months(in 150 reviews)

2,377 Employee Reviews

Teamster Union will screw you over

Pre-loader Cover Driver (Former Employee) Pensacola, FL

ProsWeekly pay and benefits ,

ConsWith the blood sucking leaches "UNION" in the way hard work does not pay off,, Union will bargain your grievance away or trade it for a more important one..

Advice to Senior ManagementStop the BS and threating your cover drivers who file a complaint on you

Favoritism.

ProsHealth benefits and pay.

ConsFavoritism, racism, and you feel you really are just a number to the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your employees with respect and it will go a long way.

One of the worst companies that I have worked for!

Air Driver (Former Employee) Calgary, AB (Canada)

ProsI was able to get a part-time position but they lied to me about which shift I would be given.

ConsNo communication from management. No transparency. They want to 'watch' and keep tabs on you at all times but we have no idea what goes on in the back offices. They have hidden agenda's. I kept track of my time-sheet information and I feel like I was ripped off at least 15 minutes a week. This adds up... and is not right for a company that is supposed to pay you by the minute. You don't get any say in what route they assign you to and you get moved around a lot.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou have to have a different mentality to work in Management at UPS. You don't care about people in general. And, most people in management have addiction issues or are sick... too much stress.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Pay okay, work you to death

UPS Driver (Former Employee) Portland, OR

ProsThe pay is okay. You certainly make a lot more than most jobs, especially if you are younger and haven't been in the job market for very long. They promote from within.

ConsYou have to lift all sorts of packages up to 150lbs and that can be heck on your joints and back. If you are a driver, you may not get home until late at night and if you are an unloader, you may have to get up around 3 or 4am depending on the location to get the trailers unloaded and sorted into the trucks in time for the drivers to take. You are timed for everything you do and you rarely get time to just sit for lunch although they expect you to take a lunch break (but I think they would rather you work than eat).

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't work everyone until they cannot move anymore and need surgeries just to keep going.

loader

Loader (Former Employee) Saddle Brook, NJ

Prosgood benifits health and dental

Consbad pay poor weather enviorment

Advice to Senior Managementtreat employees better

This place sucks, if you're looking to make money.

UPS Loader (Current Employee) Maumee, OH

ProsClose to nothing, physical work gets you in shape.

ConsAfter taxes and over the top union dues you can expect to bring home $120 a week. They even skim the hours off your paycheck. That's probably why they're a multi billion dollar company.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay more money. My brother started out at $8 an hour 11 years ago. Now 11 years later, it is $10? The inflation on that doesn't seem right to you, does it?

RUN

ProsOnce you get hired on you will have great benefits.

ConsJust run as quick as you can.....

started well then went bad

Warehouser Worker (Former Employee) Raleigh, NC

Prosfull time work 3rd shift hours paid vacation holidays sick days inside a warehouse not outside big building good location paid training

Cons3rd shift bad working conditions mean coworkers management always yelling and belittling not managed well

Advice to Senior Managementgive helpful advice without yelling

Great for the resume, benefits, or unskilled labor

Part Time Operations Supervisor (Current Employee)

Prosgreat benefits, stay hourly the job is for life after you make seniority, almost impossible to be fired. money well above average for the effort

Consno work life balance, ridiculous goals, constant union management conflict

Advice to Senior Managementgo back to when the customer was first not wall street. take your nose out of a spread sheet see how things are in the real world. the same work in 30 degree winter is not the same in 120 degree summers

If you like working in a stressful environment with zero appreciation from management, this is the place for you!

ProsI love the work process itself, it's very rewarding to be part of a large workflow process.

ConsFrom the top down, the management here creates a toxic, negative environment. They are quick to let you know you've done something wrong but have not once ever said one positive word about all the things you do right and how hard you work for them.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your employees with respect and appreciation instead of looking down on them like slave labor and you may actually be able to keep them longer.

Worked for UPS? Contribute to the Community!