UPS Reviews

2,478 Reviews

UPS Chairman and CEO D. Scott Davis
D. Scott Davis
1,129 Ratings

Pros
  • I was unloading trucks for 5 or 6 months before I got promoted to Part-Time Supervisor (in 223 reviews)

• Very structured organization with great benefits and hard working employees (in 212 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance is the biggest challenge, specifically for Management employees (in 82 reviews)

• I just got hired as a full time driver have to be in a casual drivers for months (in 150 reviews)

More Highlights

Place is going downhill, shows no signs of changing. Can't keep consolidating management positions and expect results

Current Employee - Industrial Engineering Supervisor  in  Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Industrial Engineering Supervisor in Columbus, OH

I have been working at UPS full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Strong company, not going anywhere anytime soon. Locations are in every city for the most part.

Cons

Upper management is completely out of touch with reality. Hey let's add a new board or directors position making millions, but cut the lower grunt positions who do all the hard work so some clown can reap the benefits. Expectations haven't adjusted to the current market place. Unable to retain talent due to awful working conditions as a package handler. Company is increasingly hiring managers externally and these people don't understand what goes on in the front line management positions.

Stop consolidating districts and regions, people can only take on so much and be effective in their roles. Districts are too big and nobody communicates effectively across these boundaries. Current bonus structure has made this an every man for themselves type of mentality. Not many people do what's right for the company as a whole anymore, it's all about hitting your goals which isn't always the best course of action. Managers are responsible for such large areas they are often passed bad information and are unable to effectively analyze and make their own rational evaluations.

A big disappointment to the brand name and one of the Fortune 500 companies.

Former Employee - Part Time Operations Supervisor  in  Sparks, NV
    Former Employee - Part Time Operations Supervisor in Sparks, NV

I worked at UPS part-time for more than 5 years

Pros

School reimbursement and great benefits.

Cons

Disappointed at management and the way they treat people who invested over six years of their life to that company. Management will throw you under the bus as fast as they can in order to make a problem go away. Instead of trying to solve a problem they will just get rid of you so that they don't get in trouble for the workplace violence that has continued at their building for months.

Stop lying about how people haven't tried to correct workplace violence. Instead of getting rid of someone who didn't do anything wrong, get rid of the employee for lying and getting that person fired for no reason.

Worst place to work in the world!

Current Employee - Billing Customer Service Representative  in  West Valley City, UT
    Current Employee - Billing Customer Service Representative in West Valley City, UT

I have been working at UPS full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good pay. Tuition reimbursement. They have good benefits. You get coaching constantly. I don't know if that is a pro or a con.

Cons

So stressful! Micromanaged! You are just a number. The pay is almost not worth the doctor bills from going insane.

Add some life other than negativity.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Teamster Union will screw you over

Former Employee - Pre-loader Cover Driver  in  Pensacola, FL
    Former Employee - Pre-loader Cover Driver in Pensacola, FL

I worked at UPS part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Weekly pay and benefits ,

Cons

With the blood sucking leaches "UNION" in the way hard work does not pay off,, Union will bargain your grievance away or trade it for a more important one..

Stop the BS and threating your cover drivers who file a complaint on you

Favoritism.

I have been working at UPS

Pros

Health benefits and pay.

Cons

Favoritism, racism, and you feel you really are just a number to the company.

Treat your employees with respect and it will go a long way.

One of the worst companies that I have worked for!

Former Employee - Air Driver  in  Calgary, AB (Canada)
    Former Employee - Air Driver in Calgary, AB (Canada)

I worked at UPS part-time for less than a year

Pros

I was able to get a part-time position but they lied to me about which shift I would be given.

Cons

No communication from management. No transparency. They want to 'watch' and keep tabs on you at all times but we have no idea what goes on in the back offices. They have hidden agenda's. I kept track of my time-sheet information and I feel like I was ripped off at least 15 minutes a week. This adds up... and is not right for a company that is supposed to pay you by the minute. You don't get any say in what route they assign you to and you get moved around a lot.

You have to have a different mentality to work in Management at UPS. You don't care about people in general. And, most people in management have addiction issues or are sick... too much stress.

Pay okay, work you to death

Former Employee - UPS Driver  in  Portland, OR
    Former Employee - UPS Driver in Portland, OR

I worked at UPS full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The pay is okay. You certainly make a lot more than most jobs, especially if you are younger and haven't been in the job market for very long. They promote from within.

Cons

You have to lift all sorts of packages up to 150lbs and that can be heck on your joints and back. If you are a driver, you may not get home until late at night and if you are an unloader, you may have to get up around 3 or 4am depending on the location to get the trailers unloaded and sorted into the trucks in time for the drivers to take. You are timed for everything you do and you rarely get time to just sit for lunch although they expect you to take a lunch break (but I think they would rather you work than eat).

Don't work everyone until they cannot move anymore and need surgeries just to keep going.

loader

Former Employee - Loader  in  Saddle Brook, NJ
    Former Employee - Loader in Saddle Brook, NJ

I worked at UPS part-time for more than 5 years

Pros

good benifits health and dental

Cons

bad pay poor weather enviorment

treat employees better

This place sucks, if you're looking to make money.

Current Employee - UPS Loader  in  Maumee, OH
    Current Employee - UPS Loader in Maumee, OH

I have been working at UPS part-time for less than a year

Pros

Close to nothing, physical work gets you in shape.

Cons

After taxes and over the top union dues you can expect to bring home $120 a week. They even skim the hours off your paycheck. That's probably why they're a multi billion dollar company.

Pay more money. My brother started out at $8 an hour 11 years ago. Now 11 years later, it is $10? The inflation on that doesn't seem right to you, does it?

RUN

I have been working at UPS

Pros

Once you get hired on you will have great benefits.

Cons

Just run as quick as you can.....

Worked for UPS? Contribute to the Community!