UPS Reviews

2,517 Reviews
3.4
2,517 Reviews

David Abney

Pros
  • I was unloading trucks for 5 or 6 months before I got promoted to Part-Time Supervisor (in 223 reviews)

• Very structured organization with great benefits and hard working employees (in 212 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance is the biggest challenge, specifically for Management employees (in 82 reviews)

• I just got hired as a full time driver have to be in a casual drivers for months (in 150 reviews)

More Highlights

They hired me as a felon (grand theft) and gave me full time benefits and everything I could ever ask for. Amazing....

Current Employee - UPS Preload  in  Nampa, ID
    Current Employee - UPS Preload in Nampa, ID

I have been working at UPS part-time for less than a year

Pros

After a year, part time workers receive FULL TIME BENEFITS!!!! The best medical, dental, and eye coverage in the WORLD!!!

Cons

It really is hard work, but its do-able, and the employee environment is incredible conducive to personal growth. This was more like a pro, But you do have to work hard, understand that.

I hope to join you one day. Try not to let PT management become the scapegoats of upper management problems.

Good Experience

I have been working at UPS

Pros

Good Company to Work for

Cons

i would recommend to those in the market

Good Job

Great Company to work for.

Former Employee - UPS Sorter
    Former Employee - UPS Sorter

I worked at UPS part-time for less than a year

Pros

I worked as a sorter and got two raises in less than 6 months. I worked in a main hub which is a huge building that gets packages from alot of states around the world. You get paid great for a good work out! I worked 3rd shift so i worked at night while my children slept. I left around 9 and was home by 2. You can advance quickly if you are smart and can pass a test with about 100 questions. Pay starts above min wage and after 90 days goes up then if you take your sort test another dollar than a dollar raise every year.

Cons

It is very fast paced! If you are working at a main hub like i was with over 400 people a shift you will work fast and hard. Be prepared to sweat and go home with wet clothes. But the job is easy overall if you have a good memory and can remember zip codes and colors. Rule is your hand should be on a new box every 3 seconds!

There are benefits after a year paid vacation and pay weekly.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Hard Work eventually Good Pay

Former Employee - UPS Driver  in  Cincinnati, OH
    Former Employee - UPS Driver in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at UPS full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Excellent Benefits, Decent pay leading to high pay.

Cons

High Stress environment, Expectation to perform like a pro athlete every minute, every day

Sometimes planning for high volume periods seems like it could be better.

no title

Current Employee - Part Time Supervisor  in  Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Part Time Supervisor in Chicago, IL

I have been working at UPS part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

great benefits for all employees

Cons

too much politics in the company

front line supervisors are important

Filthy, hot, cold, extremely physically demanding, stressful...

Former Employee - UPS Driver  in  Huntsville, AL
    Former Employee - UPS Driver in Huntsville, AL

I worked at UPS full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great benefits and compensation. Well above average. Very good pension, too. Drivers only work Monday- Friday.

Cons

Destroys your body. Never, ever off at same time two days in a row. Cannot make plans during week as they will almost inevitably be broken by an over dispatched day. Expect to see your children awake only on the weekends, Expect to eat dinner at reasonable time only on weekends. Expect a bulged/herniated disc or two, or three, or more.

Be realistic in your assumptions about the employee's work day.

It was good place to learn patience and adaptability

Former Employee - Part Time Supervisor  in  Boise, ID
    Former Employee - Part Time Supervisor in Boise, ID

I worked at UPS part-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Above average work-life balance, good hourly pay, very good health insurance. As an hourly, the position is normally only part-time. Good job for college students who want to earn money while still have more than enough time for school. Opportunity for overtime during the Christmas holiday period. Part-time supervisor position is helpful due to possible tuition reimbursement. Part-time supervisor position also helps to teach patience, conflict resolution, flow distribution, and leadership skills.

Cons

Work can be very laborious, physical, stressful, repetitive, and difficult. Normally entry level positions are only part-time. Members of the Teamsters union can be difficult to work with as co-workers and management. Company preaches safety and production, but has a difficult time accomplishing and achieving both. Promotion from part-time to full-time hourlys or drivers depends on seniority (long waiting list). Management hierarchy is very vertically extensive and tough for part-time supervisors to move up within the company.

Provide more tools to part-time supervisors to teach their hourly employees the procedures of working safely and productively. Don't take away bonuses and incentives to lower management. Provide services to have cleaner facilities.

Software Development

I have been working at UPS

Pros

Not going anywhere anytime soon

Cons

More concerned about shareholders than employees

Review

Former Employee - Next Day Handler  in  Louisville, KY
    Former Employee - Next Day Handler in Louisville, KY

I worked at UPS part-time for more than a year

Pros

This place paid 100% tuition for the college I went to. A lot of benefits. Fast pace work environment, make the shift go by really fast when bulk shipments come through. Also btw. I was employed by UPS from 2006-2007. Its pretty crappy that website doesn't allow for me leave that option blank when when the drop down doesn't go back that far.

Cons

For 1st time starters the hours were low. I barely got 4hours a night at my short time there. I had to fight people off for peak season hours too. Working 3rd in order for them to pay my college 100 percent was horrible but I couldn't be too mad because I had my school paid for. I don't know if they still do it though. The program was called the Metropolitan college...something something....

Kiss the wife and kids goodbye

Current Employee - UPS Full Time Supervisor  in  Ontario, CA
    Current Employee - UPS Full Time Supervisor in Ontario, CA

I have been working at UPS full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Pay is ok. They hang a carrot "stock" in front of your face
    Benefits are ok.

Cons

NO work/life balance if you are in a position of or near operations

Yes, if you have no life and dedicate yourself to UPS (and have a college degree)

Worked for UPS? Contribute to the Community!