UPS

Updated Jan 29, 2014

UPS Chairman and CEO D. Scott Davis

D. Scott Davis

(1,092 ratings)

Pros
  • I was unloading trucks for 5 or 6 months before I got promoted to Part-Time Supervisor(in 222 reviews)

• Very structured organization with great benefits and hard working employees(in 209 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance is the biggest challenge, specifically for Management employees(in 82 reviews)

• I just got hired as a full time driver have to be in a casual drivers for months(in 149 reviews)

1 Employee Review Back to all reviews

Convenient Temporary Work

Seasonal Driver Helper (Former Employee) Waldorf, MD

ProsPay was reasonable ($10.50/hr). The large number of routes virtually guarantees that more than 15 minutes of commuting would be rare. Fast paced environment makes the day seem to pass quickly. Not much supervision other than your assigned driver.

ConsThe trucks do not have a radio. If your driver is not great, there is not much you can do. Uniforms were not provided or fit so poorly that they were not wearable. A lot of walking/jogging that becomes unbearable if you are injured. The hiring process was extremely unorganized and took much longer than it should.

Advice to Senior ManagementAllow/encourage the drivers to drive down more driveways, rather than parking in the road and making the helpers run driveways of excessive length. Provide a full uniform that fits properly in order to prevent the helpers from ruining their own personal clothing. Streamline the hiring process.

Worked for UPS? Contribute to the Community!