URS Corporation

www.aecom.com

URS Corporation Reviews in Basingstoke, England

3.2

Michael S. Burke

Pros
  • Able to work from home periodically, which is very helpful to work-life balance (in 30 reviews)

• Benefits weren't bad, not the best, but what you'd expect from a large company (in 30 reviews)

Cons
  • A lot of upper management are there because they are connected with other employees (in 25 reviews)

• Senior Management has no vision or direction, and I mean none (in 24 reviews)

More Highlights

2 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

UK graduate review after 18 months

Current Employee - Graduate Engineering Geologist in Basingstoke, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Graduate Engineering Geologist in Basingstoke, England (UK)

I have been working at URS Corporation full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Working for URS means access to some of the biggest and best projects. It's a big company, so work hard and advancement is not an issue. Temporary or permanent movement between offices is possible and they're all over the UK. Free private healthcare as part of a decent benefits package. You can easily renegotiate wages if offered opportunities elsewhere.

Cons

The workforce seems to consist of a lot of junior level staff doing the work supervised by a few overworked senior managers. Anyone who gains experience and moves up into that middle area is quickly headhunted away. It means that if your manager doesn't have time to help advise you, then you're on your own.

Obviously it is a massive company so has that "big company" feel, so if you want a more "personable" employer this company is not for you.

Invest in society events more, our competitors sponsor the events of chartered societies yet URS is still surprised when we don’t win any awards.

Invest more in the staff, people being headhunted away is not always for monetary reasons.

Acquired

Current Employee - Project Manager in Basingstoke, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Basingstoke, England (UK)

I have been working at URS Corporation full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Scott Wilson heritage of multinational working in emerging international regions, sound low risk business plan prospects in growth sectors with opportunity to export us expertise.

Cons

Limiting opportunities to pusue interests beyond conservative business plan