URS Corporation Reviews

Reset

1. A good company

Former Employee - Engineer in La Habra, CA
    Former Employee - Engineer in La Habra, CA

I worked at URS Corporation full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Flexible work hours and times ...

Cons

Bill ability force vacation, other nasty management problem

Good Company

I have been working at URS Corporation full-time

Pros

Great diversity of work. I worked on so many different projects and gained valuable experience. There are also so many things you learn outside of your actual work to make you successful at your job.

Cons

Really have to prove yourself starting out. As with other private companies, work is either too slow or really busy. Benefits could be better

Advice to Management

Better raises based on performance instead of just on experience. Seems upper level managers are not held to the same accountability as lower level when projects get screwed up or don't meet deadlines.

Mechanical Engineer

Former Employee - Facility Mechanical Engineer in Cleveland, OH
    Former Employee - Facility Mechanical Engineer in Cleveland, OH

I worked at URS Corporation full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good atmosphere, worked on multiple projects in the US and abroad, people were pretty nice, nice office, team building events organized outside of the office

Cons

No training, work gets fairly monotonous because there is no rotation in your job assignment, if you don't get along with your work group, you may encounter some difficulties

Advice to Management

Provide more training opportunities, in particular for recent graduates; develop mentoring programs, diversify work assignments and provide more opportunities for professional growth

5. Good place to work for.

Current Employee - Staff Design Engineer in Wausau, WI
    Current Employee - Staff Design Engineer in Wausau, WI

I have been working at URS Corporation full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Family oriented, very detailed company, professionals engaged in making things at the best of our capabilities and always willing to improve. Committed to the improvement of our clients and communities, excellent place to work for if you have a family and are starting over on your career. Amazing colleagues.

Cons

Small company, the resources and the talent to go for bigger and more challenging projects, but no driven force from ownership and management to update the approach to the business model of our industry in today's world.

6. Nuclear Power Center

Current Employee - Engineer in Fort Mill, SC
    Current Employee - Engineer in Fort Mill, SC

I have been working at URS Corporation full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I've worked for this company for roughly 5 years. The change from my previous employer was refreshing. People are treated like professionals, with respect. The work week is a 9/80 schedule. My bosses have always been flexible to allow me to virtually take time off whenever I need it and with only a moments notice. The focus of work in this office is primarily services work for nuclear power plants which has shaped my career areas of experience in power distribution design very well.

Cons

Annual raises are fairly typical with the rest of the industry. Promotions require you to get in front of your boss and make a case for yourself. Work may require that you are away from home to support projects sometimes. The services work performed in the Nuclear Center office is cyclical and unpredictable.

Advice to Management

Need comp time policy.

7. Employment with URS

Current Employee - Project Manager in Memphis, TN
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Memphis, TN

I have been working at URS Corporation full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Pay is very competitive. I was asked what it would take to hire me and I not look for a job. I told them an $8,500 raise. They gave me $12,500 instead in my offer.

Cons

Nothing worth mentioning here. There are good days & bad days in all we do. The good days have certainly out weighed the bad during my employment.

8. Excellent Company!!!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wahiawä, HI
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wahiawä, HI

I worked at URS Corporation full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Benefits were good. People worked with each other to solve problems. Instead of being just co-workers, it was like family.

Cons

There are really no cons. Overtime was required sometimes on the fly to complete a mission, but everyone pitched in to get it done.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing.

Good Company, Weak Management

Former Employee - Marketing Coordinator in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Marketing Coordinator in San Francisco, CA

Pros

good benefits, good future for the company

Cons

Disorganized management structure led to a senior editor being my supervisor. He was a man with zero interpersonal skill and took my well rounded skill sets as a threat. The company could have done better than fall victim to somebody's dysfunctional personality.

Advice to Management

look and see what's going on..

AECOM Is Ruining URS Federal Services Division

Former Employee - Deputy Technical Manager in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Deputy Technical Manager in Washington, DC

I worked at URS Corporation full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

URS Federal Services Division was a great place to work. Very talented and competent professionals who worked collaboratively on many projects in support of DOD Tasks.

Cons

AECOM bought URS in late 2014. The culture has changed and the employees are no longer valued as they were when at URS. The bottom line and the board room is having too much say now.

Advice to Management

Treat your former URS Federal Services and Defense Industry Employees better or you soon will lose much more than just a group of very talented and competent professionals.

11. Good firm. Good work.

Pros

Excellent potential. Very large corporation that can offer many opportunities.

Cons

Nothing to share here at this time.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing.

RSS Feed </> Embed