US Air Force

US Air Force Reviews in Aurora, CO

Updated May 14, 2014

US Air Force Chief of Staff General Mark A. Welsh

General Mark A. Welsh

Pros
  • You will have the opportunity to travel and continue your education(in 141 reviews)

• Currently government pay and benefits are better than their civilian counterparts(in 114 reviews)

Cons
  • The only thing i can think of as a negative is the time spent away from family(in 268 reviews)

• As with any maintenance USAF career field expect long hours, with little reward(in 322 reviews)

9 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

They gave me a great start on my next career.

Instructor (Current Employee) Aurora, CO

ProsPay is good. Some of the bases are awesome places to live. Lots of opportunity for education and personal growth.

ConsSome very crappy bases out there. Some career fields deploy way too much. Too much politics.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop cutting benefits and pay.

Great experience working as a civilian intern, great atmosphere and awesome people.

460th Civil Engineering Squadron Intern (Former Employee) Aurora, CO

ProsI was paid well, my superiors were friendly, working on base was a fun atmosphere.

ConsLong days, early morning hours, some of my tasks were a lot of busy work and didn't require me to think.

Everyone person's experience in the military is different. Talk to a lot of people before making a decision.

RF Transmission Systems Tech (Former Employee) Aurora, CO

ProsAmazing benefits (medical, dental, etc.). Training opportunities, travel opportunities.

ConsYour life is no longer your own. You whistle to someone else's tune and jump when they say so.

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn what Sergeant means and follow it. Stop the mindless adherence to the rules. Think about why we do what we do, and how it should be applied.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

As a professional Air Force Recruiter, I applied need-based selling skills to enlisted new Airman in the USAF.

Professional Recruiter (Current Employee) Aurora, CO

ProsIncredible opportunity to change lives, mentor future Airman, sharpen selling skills, and learn to overcome concerns. If you're successful, the autonomy in this job completely outweighs the long hours. Ultimately, the people people I worked alongside and the applicants I enlisted are what made this job incredible.

ConsAs a recruiter in the Air Force, you're constantly having to balance representing the Air Force as a world leading technology force while also dealing with military grade security measures. This often leads to antiquated hardware, outdated operating systems, and programs that are hard to count on to complete the administrative part of the job.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe culture and work ethic in this job are second to none. Aside from upgrading our technology practices to current standards, this is a great job!

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Best decision of my life

Staff Sergeant (Former Employee) Aurora, CO

ProsJob Security, benefits, education, constant moving, training

ConsTesting to make rank, constant moving, politics.

Command Post controller

CP Controller (Current Employee) Aurora, CO

ProsEasy work when boring but exciting when emergency arises. Stay busy when things are slow to include use full advantage of your education benefits.

ConsShift work and deployments impact your family life. Think about how much you are willing to sacrifice because your promise will be tested.

Advice to Senior ManagementHelp your people advance with you and always remember your core values.

Exiting and always new

MSGT (Current Employee) Aurora, CO

ProsExperience, school, benefits, blow up stuff, kill bad people

ConsRed tape, no overtime, leadership, areas, pay

Advice to Senior Managementlisten to senior enlisted

Very honorable profession!

Intelligence Analyst (Current Employee) Aurora, CO

ProsVery good benefits. Decent pay. Great job opportunities. Always someone to help. Strong sense of friendship within the Military. Travel the world.

ConsSome jobs require long hours. Possibility of deployments. Competitive promotions. There can also be lots of problems within the civilian and military workplaces.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep positive reenforcement with the Airman in the Air Force. Do not treat any Airman as a negative example. Make sure that senior leadership is knowledgeable.

Awesome growth and learning potential in a wide range of fields

Military Officer (Current Employee) Aurora, CO

ProsHighly engaged, meaningful work.
    Can have direct personal impact and feedback on job accomplishment and satisfaction.
    Potential for international travel and work experience.
    Deployment potential to conflict areas.
    Solid pay and benefits from mid-career onward.

ConsBureaucracy and paperwork can be stifling.
    Deployment potential to conflict areas.
    Starting salaries can be very low compared to civilian peers.
    Minimal control over job movement either nationally or internationally (every few years).

Advice to Senior ManagementRemove and consolidate redundant training between organizations.
    Stop changing the uniforms every 5 years or less -- consolidate back to a single joint combat uniform and quit messing with it.

Worked for US Air Force? Contribute to the Community!