US Airways

Updated Jun 9, 2014

US Airways Chairman and CEO Doug Parker

Doug Parker

128 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

A great place to spend a career

Pilot (Former Employee)
    Phoenix, AZ

Prosgrowth opportunity, great colleagues and good benefits

Constough hours and time away from family

Advice to Senior Managementtake care of your employees and they will take care of your customers and ultimately the company

Flight Attendant

Flight Attendant (Former Employee)
    Phoenix, AZ

ProsTravel benefits are amazing! Co workers are great! Employees all get along very well, fun atmosphere where everyone is like a family.

ConsManagement is horrible! They only look out for themselves. While I worked there me and many of my coworkers were paid just above poverty level. CEO and company execs, fought over giving us raises. While they reaped millions in annual bonuses.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe business is a people business, take better care of your human capitol

Worst Company Every!

Systems Analyst (Former Employee)

ProsBenefits, Coworkers, Free Flights, Corporate Location

ConsManagement is terrible. Pay is even worse. The company does not care about its employes in anyway possible

Advice to Senior ManagementGo to college

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

2 contracts as SQL Database Administrator

SQL Database Administrator (Former Employee)
    Phoenix, AZ

ProsEnvironment is relatively current technology.

ConsConstant structure changes from mergers.

Aerospace Engineering Intern Position Review

Engineering (Former Employee)
    Phoenix, AZ

ProsFlight benefits. Period. There was nothing else.
    If in the right department, you might meet some good natured people.

ConsThis was the worst work experience I have ever had.
    1. Most of the 'engineers' there are A&P Mechanics who have worked there long enough to become 'engineers'. There is really not a whole lot of engineering going on. There is a lot more part tracking and just schedule management going on. However, during the internship interview, they did not mention that. When you hire THE BEST 'Aerospace Engineering Students' from some of the best engineering DESIGN schools, you need to be aware that they are much more qualified for the work that is being given to them.
    2. The supervisor and the engineers I worked with have the most difficult time writing cohesive sentences. Their grammar and their fluency in the language is definitely questionable. That being said, it would have been OK if their attitude was OK. My supervisor had the most hostile attitude. An example: During Good Friday, it was half day. He half-jokingly smiled at me and said interns don't get half day. I stayed 30 mins longer and then the lights in the office were being switched off and the whole office was deserted. If there was work to be done, I would have stayed. I had been there for almost two months, and all I was given is a 'Boeing 737 handbook' to read over. I got done with it the first week and didn't have any work to do for over a month! So, I left that day after 30 mins. During my final review, he stated that 'I did not listen to the supervisor'.

Advice to Senior ManagementKnow your company. Your company does not require cream of the crop aerospace engineering students. An actual engineering job has to involve some hands-on work/design/innovation. All your work has already been documented in the plethora of ES/EA documents. Your engineering team is a joke. Please rename it or at least have the honesty to hire A&P students, and not shatter the hopes of an engineering student.

Good , Bad and Interesting...

Anonymous Worker (Current Employee)
    Phoenix, AZ

ProsTravel privileges; people; can flex time off with coworkers but not too often.

ConsCliques and some management say they are empowered but are not. HR sometimes hires the wrong people by who they know or by certain affiliations. work-life balance skewed. Pay raises. Got a union but no raises in years. The union doesn't suck but the workforce that dragged their feet while a merger went on with American Airlines did.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop nepotism but neighborhood and spiritual affiliations and lifestyle ones and get the best people for the job and stop union busting. Made promises to merging employees we know from US Air that are too good to be true. Senior Execs get 400-500% pay increases while people on ground and in air fight to get $ and get nothing.

Reservation call center

Reservations Agent (Former Employee)
    Tempe, AZ

ProsBenefits were good - able to fly right away.

ConsEnvironment was toxic! No Job Joy! Always reminded that there were MANY other people that would be willing take your place. YOU do not matter - the customers really don't matter - just make sure your sales are up and your call times were down. There are many agents that have been there far to long - very rude to customers - there were many times when I cringed listening to the agents being rude to customers on the phone. I was actually scolded because I said - "Is there anything else that I can help you with today?"
    Noun -verb - period. That does not always work. There should always be an exception to that rule.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake the agents feel like they matter - a little bit..... Treat the customers better.
    Make sure the supervisors are qualified to supervise......

ok

Senior Analyst (Current Employee)
    Tempe, AZ

Prosflexiable work style , flight benifit

Conslow pay, poor management, less chance

A very professional and friendly place to work.

Intern (Current Employee)
    Tempe, AZ

ProsI enjoy how helpful all the other people in the office are when you are learning new tasks.

ConsThe training manuals are sometimes outdated.

A good place to work

Manager (Current Employee)
    Tempe, AZ

ProsThe perks of complimentary travel for self and family in addition to the work/life balance makes this an overall good company to work for.

ConsSometimes the politics of management can be a bit under-whelming , there is not a lot of transparency with regard to the selection and promotional processes.

Advice to Senior ManagementTransparency

Worked for US Airways? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at US Airways reviews and ratings in Arizona — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for US Airways CEO Doug Parker. All 128 reviews posted anonymously by US Airways employees.