US Airways

US Airways Reviews

Updated Jul 16, 2014

US Airways Chairman and CEO Doug Parker

Doug Parker

Pros
  • I left to have my children but still miss the camaraderie and flight benefits(in 67 reviews)

• Flight benefits if you can get on a flight, health benefits are great and in general the people that work there(in 23 reviews)

Cons
  • The salaries are laughable at best and good luck using your flight benefits(in 14 reviews)

• long hours, not alot of work / life balance until you have some seniority(in 5 reviews)

Worst Company Every!

Systems Analyst (Former Employee) Tempe, AZ

ProsBenefits, Coworkers, Free Flights, Corporate Location

ConsManagement is terrible. Pay is even worse. The company does not care about its employes in anyway possible

Advice to Senior ManagementGo to college

I left not long after completing the 12 week training class at the Winston Salem call center

Reservations Agent (Former Employee) Winston-Salem, NC

ProsThe dress code is pretty lax which definitely helped since I worked 6 am to 2:30pm. The benefits are excellent.

ConsThe pay scale is low which is why the average American can afford to fly. You're not union protected until you complete the twelve week training schedule which is extremely intense and you're subject to being fired for being even a minute late. You're assigned shifts based on seniority and there's nothing you can do to change them if they don't coordinate with your schedule. That's actually why I left. I had to because the shift I was assigned I couldn't get a sitter for my daughter for.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone. It's an airline. It's a great line of work to go into if you're single and starting out. If you're like me and married with a child and have no family near by to help with childcare it's going to be a bit of an issue to make work out. The healthcare benefits and free flying are excellent and cushion the blow of the low salary a little.

customer service agent

Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) Philadelphia, PA

Prosflight benefits, flexible schedule, meet lots of people, great coworkers

Conswork hours, stress, work on weekends

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Flight Attendant

Flight Attendant (Former Employee) Phoenix, AZ

ProsTravel benefits are amazing! Co workers are great! Employees all get along very well, fun atmosphere where everyone is like a family.

ConsManagement is horrible! They only look out for themselves. While I worked there me and many of my coworkers were paid just above poverty level. CEO and company execs, fought over giving us raises. While they reaped millions in annual bonuses.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe business is a people business, take better care of your human capitol

2 contracts as SQL Database Administrator

SQL Database Administrator (Former Employee) Phoenix, AZ

ProsEnvironment is relatively current technology.

ConsConstant structure changes from mergers.

Good , Bad and Interesting...

Anonymous Worker (Current Employee) Phoenix, AZ

ProsTravel privileges; people; can flex time off with coworkers but not too often.

ConsCliques and some management say they are empowered but are not. HR sometimes hires the wrong people by who they know or by certain affiliations. work-life balance skewed. Pay raises. Got a union but no raises in years. The union doesn't suck but the workforce that dragged their feet while a merger went on with American Airlines did.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop nepotism but neighborhood and spiritual affiliations and lifestyle ones and get the best people for the job and stop union busting. Made promises to merging employees we know from US Air that are too good to be true. Senior Execs get 400-500% pay increases while people on ground and in air fight to get $ and get nothing.

Good company to work for great benefits

Cross Trained Agent (Current Employee)

ProsThe flight benefits can't be beat and the job is not difficult at all.

ConsLow pay would be the only con really. The flight benefits make up for the low pay, but if you are not using the benefits or do not fly, then there is no reason to work for USAir or any airline with minimum wage starting salary.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive more opportunities to advance in the company.

Low pay, great benefits

Flight Attendant (Current Employee) Philadelphia, PA

ProsFree flying domestically, cheap international flying, great dental and health benefits, and a lot of free time.

ConsYour base salary is quite low. To make a livable salary (especially for cities like Philadelphia or Washington D.C.) you have to work on your days off. Everything is seniority based. There is nothing you can do to advance your career outside of staying in the same position for 25+ years. If you're looking for a challenging or rewarding career, being a flight attendant is not for you.

Advice to Senior ManagementConsidering the nature of the business, there isn't much that management could change to make the job better. It's a great job for some, and it's an unrewarding, intellectually numbing career.

Reservation call center

Reservations Agent (Former Employee) Tempe, AZ

ProsBenefits were good - able to fly right away.

ConsEnvironment was toxic! No Job Joy! Always reminded that there were MANY other people that would be willing take your place. YOU do not matter - the customers really don't matter - just make sure your sales are up and your call times were down. There are many agents that have been there far to long - very rude to customers - there were many times when I cringed listening to the agents being rude to customers on the phone. I was actually scolded because I said - "Is there anything else that I can help you with today?"
    Noun -verb - period. That does not always work. There should always be an exception to that rule.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake the agents feel like they matter - a little bit..... Treat the customers better.
    Make sure the supervisors are qualified to supervise......

Great Team

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsOpportunities for growth and unlimited challenges

ConsWork life balance is difficult

Worked for US Airways? Contribute to the Community!