US Airways

US Airways Reviews

Updated Jul 16, 2014

US Airways Chairman and CEO Doug Parker

Doug Parker

Pros
  • I left to have my children but still miss the camaraderie and flight benefits(in 67 reviews)

• Flight benefits if you can get on a flight, health benefits are great and in general the people that work there(in 23 reviews)

Cons
  • The salaries are laughable at best and good luck using your flight benefits(in 14 reviews)

• long hours, not alot of work / life balance until you have some seniority(in 5 reviews)

Long time employee

Senior Manager (Current Employee)

ProsThe ability to travel is the main factor I stay. The compensation is very low versus my peers in other industries. The advancement opportunities are available, but now you have to be willing to relocate to headquarters in Dallas. Senior Management is very engaged with the employees and there is an open door policy.

ConsThe Company has always faltered in their leadership development. Someone gets promoted, but are not given the tools necessary for them to succeed.

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide better training to low level management.

First Officer

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsTravel benefits, union, and great training experience.

ConsTraveling and being away from family every week.

Good company to work for

Sales Manager (Former Employee)

ProsThe benefits were very good including healthcare and flight benefits. The company offers a variety of insurance benefits and the cost was very reasonable. Flights are full but if you are flexible the flight benefits were nice. Co-workers help each other out when needed and work well together.

ConsThe pay was lower than industry average. However, there was a company wide bonus based on several criteria.

Advice to Senior ManagementI would say they should try to offer more competitive salaries or at least give bigger raises.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Customer service agent

Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) Philadelphia, PA

ProsFantastic flight privileges. Great part time job. Not great to support a family.

ConsPretty low paying. Must work nights weekends and holidays.

Advice to Senior ManagementOpportunity for advancement was limited because of union. If your willing to move around from city to city the sky is the limit.

Great place to work

ProsGreat benefits
    Work environment is great, family feel.

ConsLow pay
    Have to know someone to get advancements.
    Not focused on personal career advancement.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement has been great in all departments I have worked

DECENT COMPANY

Crew Scheduling (Current Employee) Pittsburgh, PA

ProsFlexible Management, Good work life balance, good healthcare, free flying

ConsShift work, not great compensation

Been a long time since

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsTravel, travel, travel, travel, travel

ConsReserve, micromanaged, difficult commute, arrogant pilots & senior mamas

Great

Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) Pensacola, FL

ProsGreat Travel with opportunities for growth.

ConsWork Time that does not meet a college schedule.

A great place to spend a career

Pilot (Former Employee) Phoenix, AZ

Prosgrowth opportunity, great colleagues and good benefits

Constough hours and time away from family

Advice to Senior Managementtake care of your employees and they will take care of your customers and ultimately the company

Worst Company Every!

Systems Analyst (Former Employee) Tempe, AZ

ProsBenefits, Coworkers, Free Flights, Corporate Location

ConsManagement is terrible. Pay is even worse. The company does not care about its employes in anyway possible

Advice to Senior ManagementGo to college

Worked for US Airways? Contribute to the Community!