US Airways

US Airways Reviews

Updated Jul 16, 2014

US Airways Chairman and CEO Doug Parker

Doug Parker

Pros
  • I left to have my children but still miss the camaraderie and flight benefits(in 67 reviews)

• Flight benefits if you can get on a flight, health benefits are great and in general the people that work there(in 23 reviews)

Cons
  • The salaries are laughable at best and good luck using your flight benefits(in 14 reviews)

• long hours, not alot of work / life balance until you have some seniority(in 5 reviews)

First Officer

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsTravel benefits, union, and great training experience.

ConsTraveling and being away from family every week.

A great place to spend a career

Pilot (Former Employee) Phoenix, AZ

Prosgrowth opportunity, great colleagues and good benefits

Constough hours and time away from family

Advice to Senior Managementtake care of your employees and they will take care of your customers and ultimately the company

Good company to work for great benefits

Cross Trained Agent (Current Employee)

ProsThe flight benefits can't be beat and the job is not difficult at all.

ConsLow pay would be the only con really. The flight benefits make up for the low pay, but if you are not using the benefits or do not fly, then there is no reason to work for USAir or any airline with minimum wage starting salary.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive more opportunities to advance in the company.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

I love it.

Flight Attendant (Current Employee) Charlotte, NC

ProsBenefits
    Culture
    Benefits
    Training
    People tend to love their job for the most part.

ConsCompensation to start is a bit low.

This is a very good company for which to work!

Senior Analyst (Current Employee) Phoenix, AZ

ProsNice people, fun industry, very dynamic

ConsLow cost carrier = low salaries than the legacy airlines

Great Airline

Club Representative (Former Employee) Rochester, NY

ProsI had a great experience working for US Airways. I left to have my children but still miss the camaraderie and flight benefits.

ConsUnfortunately the whole airline industry has suffered over the years and many less senior staff have lost their jobs because of it.

Good Career that I had

Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee) Washington, DC

ProsSense of fulfillment satisfying customers
    Free Space-Besed Travel
    Opportunity to swap days off

ConsLow wages
    No defined management training program

Advice to Senior ManagementI worked there for over 20 years and really enjoyed my experience there. The opportunity to work in the airline industry is great, and the benefits such as free space available travel makes the job worthwhile. I hope in the future that the company creates a better management training program for career advancement..

Great Company

Corporate Purchasing Intern (Current Employee) Tempe, AZ

ProsVery nice environment with a lot of good people that enjoy being there. Many opportunities to learn and expand, not a typical internship where you only work on one project. This internship gives you the opportunity to learn something new everyday.

ConsCons would be hiring is only available as the positions are needed. Aside from that there are really no cons, this is a great company.

I was proud to be part of this company.

CSA (Former Employee) Raleigh, NC

ProsKnowing you have great support from supervisors during "crunch"times. Being a CSA is satisfying if you enjoy facetime with customers, however, when things go to chaos, team support is essential.

ConsGreat company for people who truly know the airline biz.

Advice to Senior ManagementOnsight management is burdened by results and schedules. Esprit de corp is fostered through true understanding of established personnel problem solving skills, not penalizing staff for issues beyond their control.

Great Company to work for. Flight benefits and health insurance are great!

Fleet Service Agent (Current Employee) Phoenix, AZ

ProsFlight benefits, schedule flexibility and health insurance

ConsNot much besides the negative attitudes of fellow employees but that's expected at most jobs

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement is doing a great job keep it up.

Worked for US Airways? Contribute to the Community!