US Airways

US Airways Reviews

Updated Jul 16, 2014

US Airways Chairman and CEO Doug Parker

Doug Parker

Pros
  • I left to have my children but still miss the camaraderie and flight benefits(in 67 reviews)

• Flight benefits if you can get on a flight, health benefits are great and in general the people that work there(in 23 reviews)

Cons
  • The salaries are laughable at best and good luck using your flight benefits(in 14 reviews)

• long hours, not alot of work / life balance until you have some seniority(in 5 reviews)

Long time employee

Senior Manager (Current Employee)

ProsThe ability to travel is the main factor I stay. The compensation is very low versus my peers in other industries. The advancement opportunities are available, but now you have to be willing to relocate to headquarters in Dallas. Senior Management is very engaged with the employees and there is an open door policy.

ConsThe Company has always faltered in their leadership development. Someone gets promoted, but are not given the tools necessary for them to succeed.

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide better training to low level management.

First Officer

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsTravel benefits, union, and great training experience.

ConsTraveling and being away from family every week.

Good company to work for

Sales Manager (Former Employee)

ProsThe benefits were very good including healthcare and flight benefits. The company offers a variety of insurance benefits and the cost was very reasonable. Flights are full but if you are flexible the flight benefits were nice. Co-workers help each other out when needed and work well together.

ConsThe pay was lower than industry average. However, there was a company wide bonus based on several criteria.

Advice to Senior ManagementI would say they should try to offer more competitive salaries or at least give bigger raises.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Customer service agent

Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) Philadelphia, PA

ProsFantastic flight privileges. Great part time job. Not great to support a family.

ConsPretty low paying. Must work nights weekends and holidays.

Advice to Senior ManagementOpportunity for advancement was limited because of union. If your willing to move around from city to city the sky is the limit.

Great place to work

ProsGreat benefits
    Work environment is great, family feel.

ConsLow pay
    Have to know someone to get advancements.
    Not focused on personal career advancement.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement has been great in all departments I have worked

Worst Company Every!

Systems Analyst (Former Employee) Tempe, AZ

ProsBenefits, Coworkers, Free Flights, Corporate Location

ConsManagement is terrible. Pay is even worse. The company does not care about its employes in anyway possible

Advice to Senior ManagementGo to college

Aerospace Engineering Intern Position Review

Engineering (Former Employee) Phoenix, AZ

ProsFlight benefits. Period. There was nothing else.
    If in the right department, you might meet some good natured people.

ConsThis was the worst work experience I have ever had.
    1. Most of the 'engineers' there are A&P Mechanics who have worked there long enough to become 'engineers'. There is really not a whole lot of engineering going on. There is a lot more part tracking and just schedule management going on. However, during the internship interview, they did not mention that. When you hire THE BEST 'Aerospace Engineering Students' from some of the best engineering DESIGN schools, you need to be aware that they are much more qualified for the work that is being given to them.
    2. The supervisor and the engineers I worked with have the most difficult time writing cohesive sentences. Their grammar and their fluency in the language is definitely questionable. That being said, it would have been OK if their attitude was OK. My supervisor had the most hostile attitude. An example: During Good Friday, it was half day. He half-jokingly smiled at me and said interns don't get half day. I stayed 30 mins longer and then the lights in the office were being switched off and the whole office was deserted. If there was work to be done, I would have stayed. I had been there for almost two months, and all I was given is a 'Boeing 737 handbook' to read over. I got done with it the first week and didn't have any work to do for over a month! So, I left that day after 30 mins. During my final review, he stated that 'I did not listen to the supervisor'.

Advice to Senior ManagementKnow your company. Your company does not require cream of the crop aerospace engineering students. An actual engineering job has to involve some hands-on work/design/innovation. All your work has already been documented in the plethora of ES/EA documents. Your engineering team is a joke. Please rename it or at least have the honesty to hire A&P students, and not shatter the hopes of an engineering student.

DECENT COMPANY

Crew Scheduling (Current Employee) Pittsburgh, PA

ProsFlexible Management, Good work life balance, good healthcare, free flying

ConsShift work, not great compensation

Been a long time since

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsTravel, travel, travel, travel, travel

ConsReserve, micromanaged, difficult commute, arrogant pilots & senior mamas

Great

Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) Pensacola, FL

ProsGreat Travel with opportunities for growth.

ConsWork Time that does not meet a college schedule.

Worked for US Airways? Contribute to the Community!