US Army Audit Agency

4.7

CEO

Excellent place to work!

I worked at US Army Audit Agency

Pros

Excellent place to work! Fantastic work environment, family like environment, normal and flexible hours, great benefits and great compensation based on experience, and a terrific program for recent graduates!

Cons

The travel can be, it depends if it all comes up at the same time or is spread which depends on which audit you are on at the time.

They do fantastic, absolutely no complaints!

Great place for Professional Development

Former Employee - Auditor in Alexandria, VA
    Former Employee - Auditor in Alexandria, VA

I worked at US Army Audit Agency full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great work-life balance, time off, and friendly environment. Agency does allow telework but totally dependent on your individual manager. The work is not overly stressful. Employee regularly get together outside of work. The Agency provides a ton of training and professional development. They also hold golf tournaments, picnics, etc for employees and families.

Cons

There can be a lot of travel. Management changes their minds and decisions often. Strategic direction can be difficult to follow. This is a hierarchical organization with information flowing down the chain. Very little is generated bottom up. Most people decide to leave to pursue a promotion. This can be a hard organization to be promoted especially if you are not in "the club."

Internal Auditor

Former Employee - Internal Auditor in Huntsville, AL
    Former Employee - Internal Auditor in Huntsville, AL

I worked at US Army Audit Agency full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

it was flexible and paid well

Cons

very inefficent and no room for career growth

AAA is overall great place to work - you know its all about the people!

I have been working at US Army Audit Agency

Pros

Variety of reporting topics; typical engagements last under one year, so you are learning about new issues and working with new stakeholders all the time.
    A lot of writing, which I find a plus, because it is good experience and a good professional skill to hone. Flexible schedule, compassionate management, relatively small agency, good training (considering what the alternative could be)

Cons

For me, it's all about who you work for, as with most other workplaces. There are some managers that will be supportive, give feedback and some that don't do as good of a job at it. Luckily, there are viable ways to transfer to new teams (and this is encouraged) if your subject matter and/or chain of command does not suit you.
    Another "con" that comes with many Federal workplaces is some amount of "dead weight," although management does make some attempt to counsel and eliminate really poor performers.

In order to keep the good talent, you must eliminate very poor performers, which of course is a challenge in the government workplace. If you encourage and reward managers for doing this very difficult task, the morale will increase tenfold (and as an "added" bonus, productivity will also increase).

Great place to work

I have been working at US Army Audit Agency

Pros

Great work-life balance. Rated as the number 2 place to work in the Government (sub-Agency). The people are great and very friendly. It also provides good Government audit experience.

Cons

I honestly cannot think of anything that I don't like about the Agency. The only thing that does stink is if you get stuck on a team that covers a work area that you don't like, the days can be long.

I don't have that many recommendations to management. Overall, the leadership at the Agency is very good at communicating with the staff and with the clients.

Tolle Arbeitsumgebung Great work environment

Former Employee - Verwaltungsassistent in Wiesbaden (Germany)
    Former Employee - Verwaltungsassistent in Wiesbaden (Germany)

I worked at US Army Audit Agency part-time (more than an year)

(Translated from English)

Pros

Sowohl die Arbeitsumgebung als auch die Kollegen waren wundervoll. Ich hatte keinerlei Probleme, als ich dort arbeitete. Ich konnte von zu Hause arbeiten, wenn ich aus Familiengründen zu Hause bleiben musste. Sie sind sehr familienfreundlich.

Both the work environment and the staff was wonderful. I had no problems while I worked there. The PD worked with me when I needed to be home for family matters. They are very family friendly.

Cons

Wegen eines Umzugs konnte ich nicht länger für das Unternehmen arbeiten. Sie haben nur in 22 Städten Filialen und ein paar Standorte im Ausland.

I couldnt work for the company longer due to a move. They only have locations in 22 cities and a few over seas locations.

Sie haben sehr gute Arbeit geleistet.

They did a wonderful job.