US Army

US Army Reviews in Georgia

Updated Jul 30, 2014

US Army Secretary John McHugh

John McHugh

Pros
  • Great Benefits; Salary was good; Diverse people; Ever changing work place (in 347 reviews)

• The pay and benefits are a bonus in accordance with the aforementioned information (in 102 reviews)

Cons
  • Deployments away from family are definitely a negative for this organization (in 450 reviews)

• Long periods of time spent away from home during training or deployment (in 174 reviews)

More Highlights
272 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Serving your country.

Soldier (Current Employee) Fort Stewart, GA

ProsGreat career choice for dedicated hard working people. Excellent opportunity for advancement. See the world.

ConsLong days at times. Physical demanding. Deployments take you away from your family.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake care of your soldiers.

Teaches you the importance of good leadership and professionalism

Army Officer (Current Employee) Fort Benning, GA

ProsExcellent opportunities to hold leadership positions

ConsLong hours make it hard to balance work and family, its takes alot of work to make it work for many families

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to you experienced NCOs to gain the insight you need to make the right decisions and to give you the advice you need when developing a plan or leading a operation, thier insight is critical to gaining the perspective you will need.

Human Resources Specialist

Human Resources Specialist (Current Employee) Fort Gordon, GA

ProsGreat educational benefits are good

ConsMilitary deployments and the time away from home

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

An Army Career

Army Officer (Current Employee) Fort Stewart, GA

ProsPay, education, great opportunities for advancement, leave time, travel, medical. the Army is a great career if you like a structured work environment.

Cons15 month deployments, evaluations can be subjective and the Army's not the best at aligning qualifications and talent to your actual job position.

Advice to Senior ManagementTeach, coach and mentor your subordinates.

I loved to serve my country.

Military (Former Employee) Columbus, GA

ProsThe largest family in the world, amazing comradery

ConsHaving to be away from the ones you love.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe top-down bottom-up system works, it promotes full spectrum envolvement of troops.

Time to Serve

Human Resources Manager (Current Employee) Fort Gordon, GA

ProsGood benifits education, leave, able to tour the world to meet new people and new cultures.

ConsTime away from family, thats about all i can say about this job

The Infantry Branch is full of politics and people trying to use you. No real care for Soldiers.

Army Officer (Former Employee) Fort Benning, GA

ProsGood pay and benefits and the work/life balance is so bad you save a lot of money.
    Another pro is you can get USAA.

ConsHard to find a senior leader that is a good mentor. Most senior Officers are just checking the block for their OER's when they build relationships. People that play the politics game make it past Major, leaders that care about their people more than the game get out at Major.

Advice to Senior ManagementChange the atmosphere by changing the procedures. A lot of good leaders get sick and tired of the games and get out early. The OER system definitely needs to be revamped.

Very good starting place for a young person to get ahead in life.

Cable Installer Maintainer (Current Employee) Savannah, GA

ProsFinancial Stability
    Job diversity
    Training in all areas

ConsMoving around a lot can get stressful if you have a family.
    Very time demanding

Positive experience

Officer (Former Employee) Savannah, GA

ProsGreat leadership experience, benefited me well in post army career

Consdeployments are long and unpredictable.

Advice to Senior ManagementStay strong

I was able to gain life experiences, learn about myself, and create friendships that last forever.

19D Cavalry Scout (Former Employee) Fort Stewart, GA

ProsYou are paid extra to cover housing and uniforms. The friendships that can be made are ones you can count on. It is a job you can be proud of.

ConsMuch time can be spent training or deployed away from family. Transitioning out of the service into the civilian world can be rough. Time off can only be taken when everyone else takes it, not just when you want.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore family time would be great.

Worked for US Army? Contribute to the Community!