US Bankruptcy Court

www.uscourts.gov

US Bankruptcy Court Reviews

Updated Jul 27, 2014

Very nice co-workers, fast-paced work environment but not a chance of advancement within the office.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsVery friendly environment, benefits are excellent, work is steady and not too difficult, the office is clean and managed by the building to keep it that way everyday, & the equipment is updated regularly to ensure work gets done timely.

ConsThere is No Chance of Advancement within the office and there seems to be some favoritism sometimes between supervisors & certain workers. Plus, there is no loyalty to workers who work very hard for the office & give alot of their effort & time to complete work & projects on time.

Advice to Senior ManagementMy advice would be to allow workers who have been with the court for many yrs,the opportunity to advance higher in the office & give them more responsibility to excel. Also, don't allow supervisors to show favoritism to certain people in the office & allow all the workers the chance to prove themselves and succeed.

Neurotic and over-dramatic micro-managing

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood salary and benefits. Enough employees so that each employee can specialize rather than be asked to unreasonably multi-task.

ConsUnclear procedures and constantly changing rules. Unnecessary focus on image and what employees are wearing.

US Bankruptcy Court

Clerk (Former Employee)

ProsGreat benefits package and decent pay for the work

ConsConstant threat of layoffs due to budget shortfalls each new fiscal year

Advice to Senior ManagementManagers need to stop favoring certain employees for personal reasons and start focusing on work performance relevant to the job.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Repetitive work and at times a stressful work environment.

Deputy Clerk (Former Employee) Newark, NJ

ProsSome autonomy in how you work on your responsibilities. Flexible hours, no weekends, some employees able to telecommute.

ConsEach year you have to worry about budget cuts.

Advice to Senior ManagementConsistent, documented communication with employees.

Great people, great environment and caring management. My co-workers became life-long friends and mentors.

Case Administrator (Former Employee) Milwaukee, WI

ProsMy coworkers were great people and the place felt like home. You couldn't ask for a better group of people.

ConsNot a lot of room for upward mobility but that's due to extremely low turnover. Change happens when someone retires.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you've been doing.

Analyst

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsGreat people, learned a lot of great skills, management is great.

ConsThey need more advancement opportunities

Do not take risks, follow every rule to the letter, and document EVERYTHING and you will be fine.

Manager (Former Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsGreat benefits once you pass the 3 year tenure mark. Every holiday, even the dumb ones, are paid days off. Combine that with an insane amount of vacation and sick time and you could take six weeks of paid vacation a year. Once you learn the game all you need is try to side step responsibility and avoid making any big mistakes (tip: use email to document everything as cya) and you can ride this for decades.

ConsThis is federal government so be prepared to be inundated with rules, procedures, forms and documentation. You will spend more time filling out weekly time sheets and monthly status reports to document the work you did than the time it took you to actually do the work. I'm not kidding. This kind of stuff drove me crazy but I guess I should not care as there is no real career path here. You just peck at the keyboard for 8hrs, get your food pellet, and go home. Its monotonous work but sort of easy because requires almost no real decision making. Any difficult decisions you just run up the flag pole to your supervisor. This they take the blame if its a bad decision. Thats the way this agency works.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop wasting tax payers money! Every fiscal year end we are told to spend all the money left in our budget to make sure we will get the same amount allotted us next year. So we wind up buying stuff we dont need just to spend the money. We buy herman miller chairs and 20" monitors for the receptionist because it will improve her "performance". Yeah, right. It's a waste of money and every agency in the government is doing the same thing running our country into debt.

An interesting place to work, with some issues to consider.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Cheyenne, WY

ProsInteresting work and a good physical environment to work in.
    The work is not hard, and there is room for advanment of many skills, if you are self motivated.

ConsWhen you have senior managers that give direction that they approve, in writing, and you then have them ask why a change was made without their permission 60 days later, you have a potential problem. When this is coupled with other senior managers "forget" that there was documentation for the change and act as if nothing is wrong with the person asking the question, you have issues. When this happens in other areas and there is no review or oversight from the outside, you have a crisis.

Advice to Senior ManagementReview actions of senior staff in light of department goals, not personal agendas.

Worked for US Bankruptcy Court? Contribute to the Community!