US Defense Security Service

US Defense Security Service Reviews

Updated Jul 12, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Best agency I have worked for.

Personnel Security Specialist (Current Employee) Hanover, MD

ProsAmazing people to work with.

ConsI do not have any cons.

Intense learning experience with motivated people.

Security Specialist (Current Employee) Washington, DC

ProsMotivated, intelligent co-workers, great direct supervisor/management, fast-paced environment, indepently set schedules.

ConsCurrent director forgot about the employees, cutting any form of flexible work schedule and decided that metrics will save everything, when it is actually employees getting into the field which directly supports the mission. Most employees in the capitol region are looking to leave.

Advice to Senior ManagementSee cons.

Work Expierence

Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) Quantico, VA

ProsWorking at the Defense Security Service opened my eyes to things surrounding secuirty clearances for different companies and people.

ConsIt is also a place where you have to be careful about what you say and do in public.

Advice to Senior ManagementMy advice is to hire more disabled veterans and treat the contractors that work with not as there equal, but as there counterparts in maintaining the proper clearances.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Be wary

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Huntsville, AL

ProsSteady government work. If you don't like to take work home, this is the place for you
    Respect from rest of contractor community

ConsManagement will work you to death if you let them
    Little to no recognition for job well done
    Want you to be a cog in a machine and not make waves

Advice to Senior ManagementEmpower your employees. Give them the ability to make more decisions. Stop treating everyone like they are five years old.

Worked for US Defense Security Service? Contribute to the Community!