US Foods Reviews in Charlotte, NC

Updated April 30, 2014
Updated April 30, 2014

US Foods President, CEO, and Director John A. Lederer
John A. Lederer

Pros
  • good Benefits until this year, company has sold to Sysco going to leave 20000 people unemployed (in 21 reviews)

• Great benefits and great people to work for if you're in the right department (in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • upper management has no idea what the real employees do everyday (in 10 reviews)

• Physical work, long hours and mandatory overtime (in 9 reviews)

More Highlights

5 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Enriching.

Former Employee - Management  in  Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Management in Charlotte, NC

I worked at US Foods

Pros

Pay, Stability, Benefits, and Location.

Cons

The place is filled with neptism on all levels. Some of the moves I saw during my tenure were shocking. I saw blatant preferential treatment of "drinking buddies" and lot of looks the other way to save operating costs. Input from employees that don't fit the image are ignored. I saw individuals that failed multple drug tests become managers. I saw others escorted out the door for the same infraction. The atomosphere is very thick with impending doom to produce numbers. Its big biz in it's rawest form.

Get rid of the negative management tactics and allow the workforce to guide the way. If you want to improve efficiency you need experience and good moral. Not the whip.

My Experience With USF

Former Employee - Buyer  in  Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Buyer in Charlotte, NC

I worked at US Foods full-time for more than a year

Pros

Pay is good., friendly co-workers, well-known company

Cons

Stuffy old PYA mentality, managers in certain areas need management training, your days off are never really days off-constantly plugged in,

Please make sure that your management is aware that the people they have working under them are human beings. To be talked to in a belittling manner is not acceptable on any level.

Very challenging and rewarding.

Former Employee - Order Selector  in  Fort Mill, SC
    Former Employee - Order Selector in Fort Mill, SC

I worked at US Foods full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

The pay and benefits were excellent.

Cons

Certain people and their attitudes.

To understand that every employee is an individual yet part of the team, and stop using your position to label employees as you see fit and also allow employees to tell what their concerns are instead of creating problems for them to deal with on a personal level that are not job revelant.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Bad, would never go back

Former Employee - District Manager  in  Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - District Manager in Charlotte, NC

I worked at US Foods full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Good Products, poor service and reputations

Cons

Poor Management, in competent, who you know, not what you know

Get out to branches and see what your people are doing.

It was just a job

Former Employee - Warehouse Associate-Stock Yards  in  Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Warehouse Associate-Stock Yards in Charlotte, NC

I worked at US Foods

Pros

They pay is weekly, your automatically entitled to benefits following thirty days of service

Cons

The first con is lack of training in the stock yards division, I was told I would load trailers, I ended up scanning boxes out of inventory that were on the floor three hours before my start time taking them to the dumpster, I ended up taking out all the trash. Did not feel I perform the true warehouse associate. The start time for this warehouse position was that of an administrative position. All associates left without offering to help take out trash or boxes. Management left early and I had no contact number if something was wrong with the product being shipped out.
    Evaluation process is very bland in the stockyards division.

Leaders in the Stock Yards need to learn how to talk to people, and actually establish a process in how he or she expects the area to be operated. Actually go through process of security before accusing individuals of doing something. Actually provide initial responsibility on job board, as stated I did not feel as though I performed any sort of warehouse function.

Worked for US Foods? Contribute to the Community!