US Foods

US Foods Reviews

Updated Jul 24, 2014

US Foods President, CEO, and Director John A. Lederer

John A. Lederer

Pros
  • good Benefits until this year, company has sold to Sysco going to leave 20000 people unemployed(in 21 reviews)

• Great benefits and great people to work for if you're in the right department(in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • upper management has no idea what the real employees do everyday(in 10 reviews)

• Physical work, long hours and mandatory overtime(in 9 reviews)

Great Company

Vice President of Operations (Former Employee) Virginia Beach, VA

ProsSolid customer base with a good business model.

ConsMergers are tough and it has cost many good employees their jobs.

Good

Sales (Former Employee)

ProsThe company values employees always

ConsI do not have any cons

Advice to Senior ManagementNone

Company is too big to be so unorganized

Associate Category Manager (Former Employee) Rosemont, IL

ProsPay, 2 weeks vacation, bonus

ConsThey are a very misleading company. They lie to employees and hide the truth about the merger.

Advice to Senior ManagementRetire

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Overall, Good Experience so Far. Only time will tell with the Merge with Sysco.

Sales Coordinator (Current Employee) Port Orange, FL

ProsGood Company to work for. If your smart, you can usually move up after you prove yourself. Management is a little more reluctant with warehouse workers of course. There's a stereotype with warehouse workers, and if you are smart, it will still be hard for you to attain a job on the office side due to stereotyping.

ConsPersonally, I've seen them fire somebody that's worked there for over 10 years on the drop of a dime for something insignificant. If the time comes, they don't care about you or your seniority. Which is expected I guess.

Advice to Senior ManagementMy advise? My opinion is that US Foods needs to look to people with computer skills and have more fluid intelligence. Too often, I see departments seeking older people with crystalline intelligence and are completely computer illiterate. A lot of my superiors are not intelligent with computers and have an inability to reason abstractly.

Not sure what to expect with merger

ProsCulture and opportunity to make a great amount of money

ConsMerger has left a bitter environment for many

Not enough Selectors Tampa, Fl

Order Selector (Former Employee) Tampa, FL

ProsGreat benefits, they are state wide so you can transfer if you move, competitive pay.

Consnight manager does not know how to run the night shift. He has selectors doing loading and lift operating when we are already short selectors to begin with. He's not hiring enough people for the job and they wonder why the truck always late.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire a new night manager or do an investigation on management. Since he's taken over we've lost selectors that have been with the company for more than 10+ years to our competitors.

US foods

Territory Manager (Current Employee) Fishers, IN

ProsGreat technology and the right approach to the market

ConsOur impending merger ( being purchased) by largest competitor

A great place to work.

Territory Manager (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsAs a Territory Manager it is important to get inside support. The staff is very solid and committed to assisting in any way possible. This includes upper management. On-going product training is exceptional. The overall culture is also outstanding even though the future of our division is in question.

ConsThe upcoming merger with Sysco and the uncertainty that comes with it....is the big only issue I see.

Advice to Senior ManagementPromote inside career advancement over outside hires a bit more.

It was OK

Account Manager (Former Employee) Clifton Park, NY

ProsIts a well run company that is competitive and does alot to educate their reps. Compensation is good initially however once you are on commission, if customers don't pay- you don't get paid

ConsLong hours, ALOT of driving. Be prepared to run your car into the ground. Little support from management. very demanding in terms of attending meetings and other corporate functions. Don't expect to have much of a life outside of work.

Still many opportunities in merger environment

Director (Current Employee) Rosemont, IL

ProsOpen, collaborative atmosphere. High visibility and accountability of executives. Focus on innovation in products and services. Great opportunity for advancement and adding resume-building responsibilities with pending merger.

ConsSales organization is mostly comprised of order-takers, not true sales people. Only motivated by "What's in it for me?" i.e. commissions and spiffs. Poor support of divisional leadership for corporate initiatives.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on directing resources toward talent recruiting and building bench-strength. Integration of the two companies will take years, so need to keep the company performance on the rails, and need to double-down on incentives to attract talent.

Worked for US Foods? Contribute to the Community!