US Health Advisors Reviews

3.7
Troy McQuagge

1. Interview

I have been working at US Health Advisors

Pros

Great information and the freelance.schedule was great.

Cons

There haven't been any cons.

Court Ruling Observation

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

I worked at US Health Advisors

Pros

Good Place to learn. Nice people.

Cons

May have limited life as a company if they don't get ACA approved plans.
    Now that the Supreme Court has ruled on the subsidies they are behind the other insurance companies. I have converted many of their clients to ACA approved plans so the clients could get subsidies.

Advice to Management

Get ACA approved plans.

licensed agent

Former Employee - Licensed Insurance Agent in Sarasota, FL
    Former Employee - Licensed Insurance Agent in Sarasota, FL

I worked at US Health Advisors full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The management team is top notch, the leads are right on. Great policies that were portable.

Cons

A Con and a pro. The policies did not comply with Obamacare and faced the penalties, but could be sold year round.

Advice to Management

Keepmupthe good work and take care of my friend that I sent you from the UK.

Jun 5, 2015Sr. Vice President

Thank you for your kind words and your insights. We'll continue working hard to ensure that USHEALTH Advisors remains the kind of company we can all be proud of.

Commissions

I worked at US Health Advisors

Pros

Nice people Teira is great

Cons

I remember Jay Still standing up in front of us saying 17% commission is unheard of in this industry you folks are lucky.problem is most insurance companies are at 85% or higher so yeah 17% is unheard of...lies and propoganda

Jul 6, 2015Sr. Vice President

Thanks for your comments. It's always difficult to do an apples-to-apples comparison of insurance commission percentages, because every company pays their commissions differently. Yes ... More

Field Training Agent

Current Employee - Field Training Agent in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Field Training Agent in Nashville, TN

I have been working at US Health Advisors

Pros

As a retired army officer, I have a very high bar for ethics in business. I don't put up with people saying one thing and doing another. USHA is a place filled with go-getters who are intent on combining their love of helping others with their commitment to making a better life for their own family. The work is challenging but rewarding...particularly financially and the team of people here is a collection of the best and brightest. If you're a self-motivated and motivated person, this place bends over backwards to help you get your business up, running and producing! Advancement is not just possible, its expected. I've been here less than a year and now I have my own team. There is money to made with USHA, no doubt about it.

Cons

This requires a person who understands the start up nature of this work. I often tell people to imagine opening up your own business on the square, with the costs of remodeling, stocking, hiring and training, marketing, licenses, permits, and taxes. This requires a new agent be smart enough to be able to get trained, licensed and appointed. That takes a couple of weeks. Then the new agent has to learn their craft in order to set appointment and make sales, no different than that shop on the square. That may mean that your first check isn't for 3 or 4 or 5 weeks, but brother what a check it could be! Is it for everyone? No. If you are looking for a predictable hourly check to barely pay the bills, this is not for you. If you are looking for compensation based on effort and expertise that can provide your family an incredible standard of living, this is for you. But, if you aren't mature enough or driven enough or organized enough, perhaps a low paying hourly job suits you better.

Apr 20, 2015Sr. Vice President

Thank you for your comments. We're glad to see that you are advancing so well in your career. You have clearly outlined the distinctions between our career opportunities vs. a salaried employment ... More

7. Hard work - Great Pay

Current Employee - Insurance Agent in East Lansing, MI
    Current Employee - Insurance Agent in East Lansing, MI

I have been working at US Health Advisors

Pros

You are truly helping people. The affordable care act has given way to private insurance saving subscribers thousands of dollars each year.

Cons

You have to network with business people. Primarily face to face. Virtual is possible - but it is better to do your legwork. So transportation costs and logistics to meet customer on their own timetable - lead you to be working a lot of hours.

Advice to Management

Centralize training. Do not underestimate the importance of consistent training, available personnel to assist on demand, and communication between business legs and the home office. US Health Policies are life savers for families of the self employed!

May 2, 2015Sr. Vice President

Great advice...consistency in our training is a high priority; and something we strive to achieve on a daily basis. We appreciate your insights and wish you continued success with your USHEALTH ... More

8. Excellent!

Current Employee - Licensed Agent in Fort Worth, TX
    Current Employee - Licensed Agent in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at US Health Advisors full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The Mission of HOPE says it all -- we are Helping Other People Everyday! I expected it to be another sales pitch from another corporation when I interviewed, but I have seen it, I live it, and I watch our company grow daily because of it. Nothing more needs to be said.

Cons

Some people find commission based employment a challenge, but not having an income cap and having a good work ethic defeat that every time.

Advice to Management

Keep hiring good, hard working, ethical people!

May 2, 2015Sr. Vice President

Helping Other People Everyday (HOPE) is fundamental to the culture we are building at USHEALTH Advisors. We firmly believe that Helping and Serving Others is the very best way for us to grow a ... More

sales representative

I worked at US Health Advisors

Pros

Work from home with online sales.

Cons

Manager would not give out leads, leads only given to veteran agents. being new it would have been nice to be given a chance with good leads.

10. FSL

Current Employee - Field Sales Leader in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Field Sales Leader in Nashville, TN

I have been working at US Health Advisors full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Most positive work environment I've ever worked at. I have never seen an Insurance company Invest what this company invests into it's agents. I have never been involved with a company that an entry level agent has such a high potential for a 6figure income. So happy I found these guys!

Cons

I have nothing bad to say about this company. It is commission based income, however, the commission schedule is favorable for full-time income the first year.

11. Sales Leader

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at US Health Advisors

Pros

I would recommend USHA to anyone I know. I have seen and heard from agents who have told me "this is the biggest check I have ever received". Great People, great company, great opportunity. It's for everyone.

Cons

I have non at this time.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work at USHA and USHG. Thanks for all you do for everyone of us everyday with this great opportunity.

Apr 21, 2015Sr. Vice President

Thank you for your comments! It's great to see so many people like you who are making the most of their career opportunities.

RSS Feed </> Embed