US Installation Group

Be The First To
Add Photos

Bad company to work for

General Manager (Former Employee) East Freetown, MA

ProsGood pay but still underpaid for the work you must produce.

ConsThis company discriminates against women. They do not have women in the warehouses around the company. They take advantage of the economy and the fact that it is difficult to find a job making this money any where else, however you are working 55 hours or more a week for a decent check.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your installers.

Horrendous

Installs (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

Pros.....none! You can recommend, advise and plea but get no where. This company needs to return to Florida. They have no concept of The Bay and cost of living here nor the customer needs. Shame on The Home Depot.

ConsUSIG itself.. HOME DEPOT NEEDS TO GET A CALIFORNIA CONTRACTOR TO RUN THIS MARKET! USIG is the most disrespectful company to its installers and office personnel. I can't believe The Home Depot allows them to retain the contract. Every day customers are put last and told they are first. Floor after floor is being replaced.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhy bother!

Run away fast! Do Not even consider working for this company!!!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Jacksonville, FL

ProsThere are no pro's period. This company is the worst

ConsForget having a life. USIG will become your life, for General Managers even when you are at home you are expected to be available by phone or email at all hours, and for the employees under management level you can expect to work anywhere from 10-14 hours a day. Then you will be so stressed out when you get home and exhausted your non work life will cease to exist. Oh and you get to work 6 days a week! Expect no raises and no appreciation for all the time effort and energy you put in. It's NOT appreciated when you go above and beyond it's just what they expect, they have gotten worse since the economy has gotten bad, and there are not as many jobs out there. They feel you should be grateful that you have a job, and therefore they can treat you however they see fit because were else can you go right? It was the greatest feeling of my life when I gave my 2 weeks notice. No raises, reviews or room for advancement ever. They do not promote from within.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive yearly performance reviews, annual raises, and start promoting from within!

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Commercial Flooring Specialist

Commercial Flooring Sales Representative (Current Employee) Clearwater, FL

Prosonly open Monday - Friday, on the road alot, corporate office in Boca Raton and only have to talk on phone or email. rarely see your manager. That is a huge Plus.

IF THEY OFFER YOU A JOB RUN DON'T WALK RUN FAST

ConsThey are open Monday - Friday,lol. micro managed by complete idiots rhat will throw you under bus in a moments notice. I was actually terminated while on FMLA under my Oncologist order not to return to work untill July 15, They Kindly Terminated via over night letter delivered by Fed EX. very classy chicken sh*t move. I am suing them and going to recieve 2 years Salery because they broke labor laws.

Advice to Senior ManagementBecareful how you operate and deal with your employees. I also think your HR department learns llabor laws, the way you handle your employees is gonna cost you plenty of money. You made this lawsuit so easy my attorney says it like a walk in the park.easier than stealing candy from a baby.

Absolutely the worst place I have ever worked in my career.

IT Administrative (Current Employee) Boca Raton, FL

ProsThere are no pros about this company. The owner is a crook.

ConsThe corporates treat people like dirt at the place and there is no room for advancement.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet some management counseling.

Do not work for this company, there are better companies.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Boca Raton, FL

ProsThere are no pros at this company.

ConsVery little benefits. No 401(K), expensive health insurance, no formal annual or performance reviews, no annual raises. This place doesn't seem to be family friendly. They don't welcome you with open arms, they don't encourage creativity or grow for its employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake employees feel welcome. Encourage creativity. Imitating employees only makes them feel less important which will cause poor performance. Offer better benefits.

Worked for US Installation Group? Contribute to the Community!