US Investigations Services

Updated November 17, 2014
1.8

US Investigations Services President and CEO Sterling Phillips
Sterling Phillips

Pros
  • Work from home: even your commute to appointments is included in your work day (in 70 reviews)

• You have the ability for a very flexible schedule, work mostly independently (in 51 reviews)

Cons
  • There is no way to get answers because upper management won't communicate (in 25 reviews)

• The work load is high and the due dates (ACDs) are insanely compressed (in 22 reviews)

More Highlights

Bound to happen

Former Employee - Associate Reviewer in Grove City, PA
    Former Employee - Associate Reviewer in Grove City, PA

I worked at US Investigations Services full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

I had some wonderful coworkers over the years with the company. At one time they really made it "the" place to work.

Cons

After Dobbs left things started going downhill. Profit margins and EBITA were the name of the game. Thank goodness for Blake or they would still be doing their shady practices.

You would still have the ISD contract if you had stuck to your true core values. Many suffered unneedlessly due to corporate greed.

Good Job, Lousy corporate attitude.

Former Employee - Field Investigator in Columbus, GA
    Former Employee - Field Investigator in Columbus, GA

I worked at US Investigations Services full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Lease car provided, insurance benefits started good but turned lousy last year. Also my fellow team members were good. In contrast to some other teams, my team leader was good. Wwe originally had team get together functions involving family. It was a good place to work.

Cons

It seems to most that after Providence Partners took over running the company, the slide downhill started. The revenue produced remained at the corporate level. The team related functions stopped and we became an assembly line. Problem was we were dealing with national security clearances. The pay raises for field staff became either non existent or a joke, yet the corporate management were rewarding themselves with large bonus checks and inventing more and more executive positions. The amount of field workers decreased which led to even more overwork. When the revenue produced took over as the most important aspect over the ethics and standards, and the moral of the field staff became insignificant; the collapse was apparent. Not sure how this company will continue to exist when the large refinanced debts are gonna come due. It was a good job originally with a good company working with good people, doing important work. But greed ended all that. When reality set end that the goose that laid the golden egg (government) was considering moving to another barnyard, the attempted changes came to late to be fixed. I can only hope that those who ruined this company receive whatever justice is out there.

None. I think it is too late.

average

I have been working at US Investigations Services

Pros

it was an average company to work for

Cons

management was not truthful with the real problems

Tried the best given the circumstances

I worked at US Investigations Services full-time

Pros

Managers put forth best effort given circumstances of a contracting environment.
    Great amounts of leave

Cons

Did not address issue of under staffing.
    Threw money at employee moral concerns instead of addressing underlying issues

Stay ahead of the staffing curve

Progressively downhill experience.

Former Employee - Reviewer
    Former Employee - Reviewer

I worked at US Investigations Services full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The flexibility at first was awesome. For the most part I had bosses who let me do my job without breathing down my neck.

Cons

Endless overtime, a DONT give a crap attitude from upper management, and lack of raises made me hate the company. I loved my job, but USIS sucked.

Your employees are not hamsters in a wheel. We have lives and families and sorry, your profits do not come first to us, especially when the money is never passed on to the employees.

Initially enjoyed...slowly diminished

Former Employee - Investigator
    Former Employee - Investigator

I worked at US Investigations Services full-time

Pros

You have some flexibility over your schedule which was nice. As an investigator you set up your own appointments and could plan your schedule around other commitments you have and make up the work time as needed. The company provided a fleet vehicle (you paid for) which could be used for both work and personal use.

Cons

The local management started mandating overtime which discarded any flexibility. It appeared to be an attempt by the local management to keep production numbers above the goal to look good for the regional leadership. Investigators were pressured to work longer to meet quotas. The salary was not as high as it should be for the amount of work expected. However, pay was not my primary factor for accepting the job...it was the flexibility which diminished in 2014. Promotion opportunities were scarce as well as pay raise opportunities.

Take care of your people. The are the ones that make the company effective and successful.

How poor management can result in unforeseen circumstances!

I have been working at US Investigations Services full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Initially, there was a decent benefits package, with good training tools and work incentives. There was the ability to have some flexibility in work hours and to gave some industry insight. As time went on it was the people and the place that made the day a little better.

Cons

The challenges soon outweighed the benefits with poor contractual management and manager employee disconnect. Promotions and merit incentives depended on how the management staff personally felt about an employee versus work product and work ethic.

Management needs to consider allowing some of their more seasoned managers to mentor individuals with less management skills. I believe managemnet needs to learn how to better utilize their staff and their time.

Pressure to produce and a back handed corporation

Current Employee - Senior Investigator in Augusta, GA
    Current Employee - Senior Investigator in Augusta, GA

I have been working at US Investigations Services full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

flexible schedule, fleet car, good pay (but only after threatening to switch companies)

Cons

The management and expectations were not realistic

USIS is not a bad company; however, if a person was able to get a promotion it would be short lived.

Former Employee - Field Investigator in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Field Investigator in Dallas, TX

I worked at US Investigations Services full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Able to work from home and make my own schedule.

Cons

There was a lack of opportunity to move around in the company.

US Investigations Services has alot of ups and a a lot of downs just depends on you family situation if it is for you

Former Employee - OPM Investigator in Newport News, VA
    Former Employee - OPM Investigator in Newport News, VA

I worked at US Investigations Services full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The pay is decent. Actually the best paying job I have ever had at the time when I was employed there

Cons

The job is extremely stressfull. I used to literally wake up at 6 am to begin working and be working until 12 am the following morning. very demanding

give the investigator a break you are killing them