US Jesco

Updated January 20, 2015
Updated January 20, 2015
3.7

Jay Spalding

Pros
  • During the holiday season, you can really make a lot of money (in 4 reviews)

• Opportunity to make a lot of money in november and december because of christmas (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • No base pay so if you don't sell, you've worked for free (in 7 reviews)

• There is noting about this job this is Independent Contractor (in 7 reviews)

More Highlights

Demonstrating Products

Current Employee - Demonstrator in Santa Barbara, CA
    Current Employee - Demonstrator in Santa Barbara, CA

I have been working at US Jesco full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I demonstrate kitchen products like the Chef’s Rival Chopper, or the Chef’s Envy Slicer in different stores. I am a huge believer in using whole foods in my culinary adventures. I love teaching others about the healthy cooking aspects that we use in the demonstration. It is a pretty fun job getting in front of people that want to learn about new products. I have also demonstrated some of the cleaning products like Microfiber.

Cons

Long Hours and sometimes and long drive. It’s commission based, but that could be a pro, if you are into that kind of thing. I would rather get a base plus commission, but that is me. I earn plenty.

Try to schedule better stores.

Sales Demonstration Job

Current Employee - Demonstration Specialist in Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Demonstration Specialist in Detroit, MI

I have been working at US Jesco full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The demonstration job has been good for me for two years. I like my boss and the coworkers I work with. The trainer helped me get up and going and I have been self taught since then. The job is pretty easy if you don’t mind getting up in front of people. I don’t mind it. It really helps to have a microphone and speaker. The script is about the same for every product. It is easy to switch to a new product.

Cons

Memorizing the script was difficult for me. Also staying on the script was difficult for me. It is not something I am very good at. My boss says I would get more money if I could just stay on track. He is probably right.

Better communication

started good but went south quickly

Former Employee - Sales Agent in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Sales Agent in New York, NY

I worked at US Jesco

Pros

lots of work if youre ready for it. must be a hustler and or shark. there is good money to be made if youre good at this.

Cons

mostly with territory, pay, and inventory. we were told we would be in one area or not far from it, but our territory expanded more and more, increasing travel time, which sucked. inventory returns also effected commissions, which also were pretty sketchy in terms of proving what youre owed. if you can keep up with that its fine.

pay your people on time and have a better way to show commissions.

Totally Into It (but not for everyone)

Current Employee - Demonstrator in Reston, VA
    Current Employee - Demonstrator in Reston, VA

I have been working at US Jesco full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

US Jesco gave me an incredible opportunity to use my outgoing personality to my advantage. I do it in a sales pitch on a stage. I finally get to use some of the chops I learned in Drama Class years and years ago. The system at Jesco makes it easy to learn and apply the script, so you can earn decent money right away. Then you can fine tune your pitch and start earning the big bucks. The killer thing is, it is all commission so I don’t have to rely on getting tipped out like it was when I was waiting tables. I know what I earn because it is directly connected to what I sell.

Cons

Unlike the people in other reviews, I always got paid. In fact, I was paid everything I earned as far as I could tell. The office does nickel a dime a few things when turning in receipts. But they are just covering they bases. If it was my company I would probably do the same. And a tip, don’t forget those receipts, they are like money. Another bad thing is sometimes my lower back hurts a little from standing all day. It is a daily grind. You tend to appreciate those days off to rest.

I would like a modern portal that I could communicate with other agents around and get good tips and tricks.

Demonstrations are easy for me.

Current Employee - Product Demonstrator in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Product Demonstrator in Chicago, IL

I have been working at US Jesco full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I was hired and attended a training class not too far from my house. I learned a few of the products and worked in Bon Ton and Sears for few years. The we started working Steam Mops and in the Costco Wholesale Clubs. I really enjoyed moving to the Wholesale Clubs, the environment is not as stuffy as the Retail Mall Stores. The shows demonstrations come easy for me. I guess my outgoing personality just lends itself to this kind of work.

Cons

My feet tend to hurt after standing on them for an 8 hour shift. Sometimes the stores are not that busy.

Better Communication.

Unusual Experience in Sales

Current Employee - Sales Agent in Richardson, TX
    Current Employee - Sales Agent in Richardson, TX

I have been working at US Jesco full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I have always worked in sales. From selling houses, to mortgages/financing, to car sales, and even cable provider sales. Most of my experience is self taught, maybe one or two of the seminars Time Warner or Century 21 sent me to taught me a little. But it wasn’t until I demonstrated these silly little cleaning products that I truly understood the art of the sell. I wish I would have had this knowledge earlier in my career, I am telling you, it would have helped me a ton.

Anyways, I enjoy the art of selling these little cleaning products. It is a little bit rough being on your feet all day, but way better than in an office or making cold calls. The opportunities are here if you want to move up into management. I enjoy just showing up to work and not worrying about all of that scheduling stuff.

Cons

Some of the days can be long on your feet, as I talked about above. Some of the drives to stores can be across town. But, the good news is, you miss most of rush hour traffic because the stores don’t open till 10ish. So the travel time is usually not bad.

I wouldn’t change anything. I love working for a small family owned business, working with people that care.

Commissioned Work

Current Employee - Product Demonstrator in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Product Demonstrator in San Diego, CA

I have been working at US Jesco full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

This job is for only people that want to put in time and effort to get better. This is NOT a hand out samples job. You must want to be the best and strive for the best. This is also something that you work on constantly making sure you are at the top of your game. My paychecks show the hard work that I put in every single day. I am in control of what I earn.

Cons

The scheduled store runs are a long if your partner ends up getting sick. That happened to me recently, and it was a long 5 days. But, in the end, I got more money for working the doubles all the time. Maybe having an alternate person that can pickup a shift when someone gets sick would be a good thing. Kind of like a substitute teacher.

Fun. I can’t wait to get trained on the cookware as well as the knives. Should be an interesting holidays.

I am now a Product Demonstration Specialist

Current Employee - Product Specialist in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Product Specialist in New York, NY

I have been working at US Jesco full-time (less than a year)

Pros

First off, I would like to say thanks to my manager Jorge who gave me the opportunity to get going with this job. After a few days training in the store, then a couple of bungled up demonstrations (I swear I had the script memorized). I did finally get it the demonstration down and it got better and better. Now I think there would be no problem getting up jun front of a crowd and saying a speech (I wish I would have been able to say that in High School or College). Well, it is a fun job, and I love not having to sit in a office all-day, everyday.

Cons

I think that there is a lot to be said doubt the drive time. Sometimes I feel like I am driving as much as I am working. The job is long hours and you are on your feet talking all day (I suggest inserts for your shoes and nightly throat lozenges). But the positives surely outweigh the negatives.

Keep up the good work! I love what I do.

Its Not A Job Its A Lifestyle!

Current Employee - Director of Retail Promotions in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Director of Retail Promotions in Chicago, IL

I have been working at US Jesco full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

This is definitely not your typical, boring, mundane 9 to 5 job. I love it! Your environment changes all the time. I have been many places and seen many things that I probably would have never had the opportunity to see otherwise.
    I love the challenge it offers. I have ventured into many different careers. I just always got bored with them. Many of the other jobs I've tried were fun and provided a great amount of experience and knowledge, but I would always get bored after a while.
    This is why I love This job. It never gets boring, it provides the challenge I need in my life to keep me going, And I get to meet and make friends with a lot of amazing people from all walks of life, and most of all, have fun doing it. Not to mention, its a damn good living. I wouldnt want to work for any other company. These guys are like a family to me.
    And yes there is plenty of advancement opportunities..

Cons

I dont really have too many complaints, nothing out of the ordinary, just the standard stuff that 99% of the entire working world might gripe about concerning their jobs.

Keep it up. Things are looking good. Keep that momentum. Some of the leadership could use a little stronger support such as training and resources.Other than that I am proud of the recent growth and changes throughout the whole company.The future is bright!

An ample amount of opportunity.

Current Employee - Sales Agent in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Sales Agent in Tampa, FL

I have been working at US Jesco full-time (more than a year)

Pros

My job pretty much defines me at the moment. Outgoing, different and cool. Okay, maybe not the cool part. Socially, I am kind of an introvert. But when I get up on the stage to do my demonstration, I feel empowered. I love it. I get to turn myself into something I don’t feel comfortable doing in everyday life. And I get paid for it as well? I am in. In fact, count my friends in as well. I got two of them a job at Jesco. I never thought I would have something that is not a 9 to 5 desk job. You couldn’t get further from the truth.

Cons

The hours can be a little long if you are working a double shift. A longer break in the middle might help.

Keep up the training and new products coming!