US Jesco

usjesco.com

US Jesco Reviews

Updated Jul 10, 2014

Jay Spalding

Pros
  • During the holiday season, you can really make a lot of money (in 4 reviews)

• Opportunity to make a lot of money in november and december because of christmas (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • If you don't sell product you don't make any money at all (in 6 reviews)

• Very important: INDEPENDENT CONTRACTOR MEANS THE COMPANY OWES YOU NOTHING AND YOU HAVE NO EMPLOYEE RIGHTS (in 7 reviews)

More Highlights

You take the good with the bad

Sales Agent (Former Employee) Washington, DC

ProsIt is a wonderful opportunity for actors and performance professionals to stay fresh and utilize their abilities. They work on scripts and although it is pretty set, there is some opportunity to add your own personality. You are on your feet throughout your scheduled shifts, which is great for your health. You get to meet a lot of new people. During the holiday season, you can really make a lot of money. If you have a good support system locally, you have the opportunity to hone your skills and make more money than troubleshooting on your own.

ConsYou really rely on the cleanliness and thoughtfulness of the crew member working prior to your shift. If they are sloppy or don't clean the counter or the tools you work with, you may have some work cut out for yourself just setting up your space. After the holidays are over, the money slows down quite a bit. It can be very frustrating at times. Because you're on your feet all day, there are lots of sore muscles and joints by the end of your shift.

Interesting and in a good way.

ProsI came upon US Jesco through an online ad and scheduled an interview. The hiring process was pretty stress free. I was given a script and allowed 6 days to memorize. Although daunting, I did it. Training was intense (as it was stated) but fun at the same time. I have a sales/retail background and found many of the tricks and fundamentals taught went outside the work environment. These are things I'll use in my everyday life. Once I finished training and was on my own, the job started to click. They provide an excellent support system for anyone struggling. It helped me a lot. The money did not come at first but once I was comfortable with being on the box and pitching, applying the fundamentals and using my people skills to read an audience, it happened. This is a job that requires you to work (I know, I know all jobs require work) in order to succeed.

ConsAlthough mentioned - driving can be an issue depending on how far the store is from your house. There have been a few times I've had to drive through bad traffic and it took awhile to get to the job site. On these occasions, the day seemed long factoring in the travel time. The pro about this is that the stores I worked in this driving range were big money makers.

Poor management that expects you to work like an employee while they treat you like a contractor.

Agent/Product Specialist (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsThe pay is good if you're good at selling and pitching the products. You get to work on your own and choose your pace and your goals. Holiday season is very lucrative.

ConsThe team leaders are not organized and don't care to help you succeed. They lie about how the team is doing as a whole. No base pay so if you don't sell, you've worked for free. They pay on a 1099 and you end up owing the government a lot of money. They don't really listen when you request specific days off. Not everyone carries their weight, so you may end up cleaning someone's mess from the day before and losing time to do your demos.

Advice to Senior ManagementOffer more incentives and benefits like paying for public transit cards. Treat your agents with respect. Have some organization and communication about what is needed at the booths.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

New Programs and New products - Exciting Times

Sales Agent (Current Employee)

ProsJesco has brought in a few new programs with different compensation packages and new products. This year has been full of opportunity and I am excited to see what else they have to bring to the table this year. v

ConsI would like to see more training on the newer products and shorter scripts.

Advice to Senior ManagementCreate career paths for the sales teams and if we can make the expansion into Australia I want to be there!

Love my new Jesco family !!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Carrollton, TX

ProsI believe everything happens for a reason. When laid off from my previous job I couldn't understand why if it was such a great company. A few months ago I was hired by US Jesco and realized this is the reason why. When working for Jesco I truly feel part of a team. Things might get crazy at times in the office but its only normal because we are a family. I feel that I can go to Leslie when needed and enjoy working with everyone at the corporate office. I feel blessed with the opportunity i was given by US Jesco.

ConsPrincess (office cat) likes to eat our plants

US Jesco is a great company where hardworking talented individuals thrive. The indolent need not apply.

Warehouse Manager (Current Employee) Carrollton, TX

ProsI have been working at US Jesco full-time for more than 8 years.

I will start off by saying. I want to keep it short and simple. I am no life long friend too upper management. They did not tell me to write this. They did however inform me of the experiences being said here and I felt the need to tell mine. And no, I did not marry anyone in the company. LOL

I have a lot to thank Jesco for. They hired me when no one else would. I started working in the warehouse part time and that led to setting up stores and delivering stock. Now I manage the corporate warehouse full time.

Jesco offers opportunities to those who work hard and show an interest in learning. Aside from managing the warehouse I have had the opportunity to be a part of many things. Just to name a couple. Filming and stage/display design.

I will say as far as bosses go both the CEO and Vice President of this company have always treated me with respect and both have been very appreciative of the work I perform on a daily basis. They have always compensated my hard work with bonuses and they even sent me on a trip to Las Vegas, for UFC 141 (It was New Years at that!). Needless to say it was freaking awesome! And my story is not the only one. There are plenty of other employees with stories just like mine. This is something they do not have to do. I was getting paid what I agreed too, for what I agreed to do.

Yes our CEO is very passionate and that word has come out a lot in these reviews. I can tell you this. He eats breaths and you know what else Jesco. If that is not passion I don’t know what is. He and his family built this company to what it is today. Have there been set backs? Of course what company doesn’t have them. And they cannot be everywhere and see everything. They expect us to do our jobs to the best of our abilities, as they should.

I am not going to even touch the fact that people are mentioning the fact that he has a sailboat. LOL. He has two nice vehicles and a nice house too! Imagine that from a CEO!
    Of anything!

ConsCons- None of this stuff is easy guys. Whether it’s sales, office, warehouse, production driver work, or any of the other positions offered at Jesco. If you are looking for easy work? This is not the job for you because this is a production. If you are not looking for a challenge and just want to collect a paycheck. Steer clear. But if you are the exception... The opportunities are here.

Advice to Senior ManagementSteer clear away from people who have continually let you down. Concentrate on your core group of individuals who continually show you real progress. This goes for everyone in your company. That group may surprise you. I know it is easier said than done. But I also know that we all can make this happen.

Got the world by the tail

Sales (Current Employee)

ProsNew contracts, revitalized programs, amazing new products partners with some of the biggest brands. This company set the bar that everyone else emulates.. # 1 in Road shows.

ConsAll the past rejects that couldn't cut the mustard. Investigate the facts! Pikers stay away.. Many people would die to work in any one of the 20 retailers Jesco Partners with.

Advice to Senior ManagementStay the course! Don't be detracted by trader rejects

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

By far US Jesco is the most innovative and challenging employment I had have!

Warehouse Associate/CDL Driver (Current Employee) Carrollton, TX

ProsUS Jesco is the most innovative and challenging employer I
     have ever worked for ! I have been employed at US Jesco for the last 4 years. At US Jesco
    everyday is a learning experience. Motivated hard working individuals
    will receive great opportunities to advance within the company.

ConsFast paced and unpredictable from one minut to the next
    ( I love it ) should be a pro,not a con!

Advice to Senior ManagementLook and find new and old innovative products.
    Stay away from individuals that have let US Jesco
    Down.

Greatest place to work!!

Office Manager (Current Employee) Carrollton, TX

ProsThis company works for those who want to do things the right way. They are a fair company. I have worked here since 2005 and I love my Job and the people I work with. I have a great Boss. I started with this company 9 years ago as a receptionist and have worked up to being the Office Manger/ Logistics. My job is very challenging and love it that way. Never a dull moment.

ConsTrying to stay caught up with an ever growing industry.

I love my Job

Sales Agent (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsFirst of all there is a high earning potential. I'v made more money working here than I ever have at any other job, and I have dabbled in all kinds of various career paths. This is by far my favorite.
    Also, I feel like my coworkers (people above and below me) are like a family. That's definitely a huge plus for me.
    Advancement opportunities - the company is going through a huge growing stage right now. Lots of positions opening up.
    They have the best training and support system out of any company of its kind. They are the most credible too. There are a few others out there that try to copy them but they can't even come close.

ConsQuit a bit of driving. You can not be lazy, you have to work for your money, its really not hard though. The more motivated you are the more money you make.

Worked for US Jesco? Contribute to the Community!