US Jesco
usjesco.com Dallas, TX 150 to 499 Employees

US Jesco Reviews

Updated Jul 6, 2014

Jay Spalding

Pros:
  • "Opportunity to make a lot of money in november and december because of christmas"
    in 3 reviews
  • "potential to make a lot of money"
    in 3 reviews
Cons:
  • "If you don't sell product you don't make any money at all"
    in 6 reviews
  • "Very important: INDEPENDENT CONTRACTOR MEANS THE COMPANY OWES YOU NOTHING AND YOU HAVE NO EMPLOYEE RIGHTS"
    in 7 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Interesting and in a good way.

ProsI came upon US Jesco through an online ad and scheduled an interview. The hiring process was pretty stress free. I was given a script and allowed 6 days to memorize. Although daunting, I did it. Training was intense (as it was stated) but fun at the same time. I have a sales/retail background and found many of the tricks and fundamentals taught went outside the work environment. These are things I'll use in my everyday life. Once I finished training and was on my own, the job started to click. They provide an excellent support system for anyone struggling. It helped me a lot. The money did not come at first but once I was comfortable with being on the box and pitching, applying the fundamentals and using my people skills to read an audience, it happened. This is a job that requires you to work (I know, I know all jobs require work) in order to succeed.

ConsAlthough mentioned - driving can be an issue depending on how far the store is from your house. There have been a few times I've had to drive through bad traffic and it took awhile to get to the job site. On these occasions, the day seemed long factoring in the travel time. The pro about this is that the stores I worked in this driving range were big money makers.

Poor management that expects you to work like an employee while they treat you like a contractor.

Agent/Product Specialist (Former Employee)
    New York, NY

ProsThe pay is good if you're good at selling and pitching the products. You get to work on your own and choose your pace and your goals. Holiday season is very lucrative.

ConsThe team leaders are not organized and don't care to help you succeed. They lie about how the team is doing as a whole. No base pay so if you don't sell, you've worked for free. They pay on a 1099 and you end up owing the government a lot of money. They don't really listen when you request specific days off. Not everyone carries their weight, so you may end up cleaning someone's mess from the day before and losing time to do your demos.

Advice to Senior ManagementOffer more incentives and benefits like paying for public transit cards. Treat your agents with respect. Have some organization and communication about what is needed at the booths.

New Programs and New products - Exciting Times

Sales Agent (Current Employee)

ProsJesco has brought in a few new programs with different compensation packages and new products. This year has been full of opportunity and I am excited to see what else they have to bring to the table this year. v

ConsI would like to see more training on the newer products and shorter scripts.

Advice to Senior ManagementCreate career paths for the sales teams and if we can make the expansion into Australia I want to be there!

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Love my new Jesco family !!

Carrollton, TX

ProsI believe everything happens for a reason. When laid off from my previous job I couldn't understand why if it was such a great company. A few months ago I was hired by US Jesco and realized this is the reason why. When working for Jesco I truly feel part of a team. Things might get crazy at times in the office but its only normal because we are a family. I feel that I can go to Leslie when needed and enjoy working with everyone at the corporate office. I feel blessed with the opportunity i was given by US Jesco.

ConsPrincess (office cat) likes to eat our plants

Got the world by the tail

Sales (Current Employee)

ProsNew contracts, revitalized programs, amazing new products partners with some of the biggest brands. This company set the bar that everyone else emulates.. # 1 in Road shows.

ConsAll the past rejects that couldn't cut the mustard. Investigate the facts! Pikers stay away.. Many people would die to work in any one of the 20 retailers Jesco Partners with.

Advice to Senior ManagementStay the course! Don't be detracted by trader rejects

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

By far US Jesco is the most innovative and challenging employment I had have!

Warehouse Associate/CDL Driver (Current Employee)

ProsUS Jesco is the most innovative and challenging employer I
     have ever worked for ! I have been employed at US Jesco for the last 4 years. At US Jesco
    everyday is a learning experience. Motivated hard working individuals
    will receive great opportunities to advance within the company.

ConsFast paced and unpredictable from one minut to the next
    ( I love it ) should be a pro,not a con!

Advice to Senior ManagementLook and find new and old innovative products.
    Stay away from individuals that have let US Jesco
    Down.

Greatest place to work!!

Office Manager (Current Employee)
    Carrollton, TX

ProsThis company works for those who want to do things the right way. They are a fair company. I have worked here since 2005 and I love my Job and the people I work with. I have a great Boss. I started with this company 9 years ago as a receptionist and have worked up to being the Office Manger/ Logistics. My job is very challenging and love it that way. Never a dull moment.

ConsTrying to stay caught up with an ever growing industry.

I love my Job

Chicago, IL

ProsFirst of all there is a high earning potential. I'v made more money working here than I ever have at any other job, and I have dabbled in all kinds of various career paths. This is by far my favorite.
    Also, I feel like my coworkers (people above and below me) are like a family. That's definitely a huge plus for me.
    Advancement opportunities - the company is going through a huge growing stage right now. Lots of positions opening up.
    They have the best training and support system out of any company of its kind. They are the most credible too. There are a few others out there that try to copy them but they can't even come close.

ConsQuit a bit of driving. You can not be lazy, you have to work for your money, its really not hard though. The more motivated you are the more money you make.

Horrible Top Management with Ethics to Match

Director of Retail Promotions (Former Employee)

ProsIf you can manage to put up with your pay being consistently late or inaccurate, and can stick around long enough there are travel opportunities. But... you have to pay for everything. They pay for nothing and expect you to just foot the bill for their company expenses.

ConsOh... where to start!
    This company is absolutely horrible.
    To set the record straight I worked as an agent, production driver, trainer, and Director. I never once called in sick to work, I showed up early and left late. I was great at sales and for the most part, took home a pretty decent commission check when I worked as a sales agent.
    However when I went into management, there is no base pay, you are on call 7 days a week, they absolutely will not compensate you for extra work not specified in your employee agreement, such as driving the delivery truck which will usually eat up 30% of your work week if your efficient at it. Next is training... which by the way is a total joke with this company. If you are a manager they will have you do anywhere between 1-3 days of in-house training. Which in short is just the manager reading the company policies to you and going over your contract, "Oh btw their contract is completely illegal and invalid, just ask any state labor board and they will agree". So after the in-house training you will work with the sales reps in a store for about 15 hours a day for the next week or so. Spoiler alert! they will not pay you a dime for all these hours or give you a dime of trainer commission from these new hires, yet they still will not pay the new hires their full commission. So be prepared to work a ridiculous number of hours each week for less than minimum wage.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire people who actually know how to run a company and actually do some work instead of going through such extremes to completely screw over and take advantage of every employee you have.

Poor pay, excessive work

Washington, DC

ProsPotentially can make decent pay (but not likely)
    Flexibility with hours
    Some directors are easy to approach and willing to work with you for hours/travel conflicts

ConsTravel (they'll say they want you to go 30-70 miles, but then send you 200+ miles a few weeks after you start).
    Pay (can make commission, but most stores are completely empty except for weekends).
    Hours (many 12 hour shifts, which you only get $50 for if store is empty (that's about $4/hr)).
    Expenses (you're an "independent contractor" with Jesco, so you have to cover all gas/food/hotel arrangements, and wait until tax time to be redeemed).

Advice to Senior ManagementHave less broad regions, so that agents don't have to travel as far.

Worked for US Jesco? Contribute to the Community!

US Jesco Videos

US Jesco – Why Work for Us?

US Jesco International is a 3rd Generation, family owned corporation with offices in the United States and Canada. We feature quality products, outstanding values and exceptional customer service. From the time of its… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at US Jesco reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for US Jesco CEO Jay Spalding. All 74 reviews posted anonymously by US Jesco employees.