US Jesco Reviews

Updated September 22, 2014
Updated September 22, 2014
3.4

Jay Spalding

Pros
  • During the holiday season, you can really make a lot of money (in 4 reviews)

• Opportunity to make a lot of money in november and december because of christmas (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • If you don't sell product you don't make any money at all (in 6 reviews)

• Very important: INDEPENDENT CONTRACTOR MEANS THE COMPANY OWES YOU NOTHING AND YOU HAVE NO EMPLOYEE RIGHTS (in 7 reviews)

More Highlights

Most amazing concept I've ever seen!

Current Employee - Product Specialist  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Product Specialist in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at US Jesco full-time for less than a year

Pros

These guys have it figured out. I have been in sales for 15 years and never seen anything lil it... well I have seen what a lot of others are trying to copy... but this is the real deal.... I did my research and have found the holy grail so to speak.

Cons

you absolutely must invest the time to see the intended structure and understand it. not difficult but don't get sidetracked with personal distractions.. get with the coach and learn even if you have to tail them... to do it.

stop enabling people that don't invest in being good. its the only thing holding you back.

Don't Believe the Hype

I worked at US Jesco full-time

Pros

The idea behind US Jesco is great. In theory this should be an ideal place to work especially with all the perks, fun and money promised during the hiring process. The products are the pros.

Cons

The hours are all over the place and the flexibility promised never panned out. I went into this job explaining I had a crazy schedule and was assured I was a good fit. The schedule changes started almost immediately and pressured into covering shifts of agents that left the job or were no shows. The money promised never happened. I had a few decent days and that was it. Getting paid is another issue - the pay schedule kept changing and when you'd expect money to be deposited it wasn't there. This happened quite a few times. A few too many times for me, that's why I had to leave. I feel like you should get paid for your work, however they think otherwise. It's a shame. The products are good but the system in place to sell them and the lack of proper management makes it a less than ideal job.

It seems that career opportunities are an option but you get the feeling only because they need a warm body to secure that spot.

Close to a year of good solid work

Current Employee - Sales Agent  in  Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Sales Agent in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at US Jesco full-time for less than a year

Pros

My stores have been killer for close to a year! A lot of Grand Openings with Sam’s Club. Me and my partner knocked it out of the park. I have been working the Steam Mops for close to a year. I was hired with no sales experience but I am an outgoing person. There are a few new products and I am about to be trained on one of them to get prepped for the Holiday blowout.

Cons

A little better with initial training would have helped me a ton. But once I got the processes down, it all seemed pretty easy. Middle Managers could answer the phone a little more, but they have been there when I really needed them.

Every now and then we got a few of the products that didn’t work. Really more of a mechanical issue, than a Con for the company.

Plan stores out a little further. Answer phone more.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Perfect Fit for My Needs

Former Employee - Sales Agent  in  Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Sales Agent in Chicago, IL

I worked at US Jesco full-time for more than a year

Pros

I really like that I am in control of how much I earn. Some people don't seem to like the commission based opportunity. I love it. Put it on my back and I control my destiny. The products looked good and worked good. Management worked with me to keep my crazy schedule in check. Most of the stores weren't too far.

Cons

A few of the stores weren't the best stores. But if you fight through those days, the next ones are usually pretty good. Every now and then I had to drive a bit to get to the store.

Better Communication, keep up the training.

New opportunities, Awesome new products

Current Employee - Product Representative Sales,  in  La Mesa, CA
    Current Employee - Product Representative Sales, in La Mesa, CA

I have been working at US Jesco full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great money travel and you oversee yourself.

Cons

If you were irresponsible and run late this is not the job for you. Especially in the Costco their management doesn't play games . they will call you out and fry you.

Ignore the slackers on this site that have nothing better to do then post bad reviews. Keep doing what you're doing. It's working!

Company only as good as its leaders

Former Employee - Agent
    Former Employee - Agent

I worked at US Jesco full-time for less than a year

Pros

I heard "this job is not for everyone" quite a lot from various members of staff: HR, directors, trainers, and agents. I was very positive in the beginning. The hiring process was fun and the group I trained with were quite enthusiastic to begin work. That's where the pros stop...

Cons

...the training group fell apart pretty quickly (maybe some were smart to read reviews here) because a couple didn't show up first day and once we began working with the trainer the promise of fun and excitement in a job began to fade. The trainer seemed more interested in cigarette breaks than training us. The trainer didn't seem trained at all nor in a position to train others. I stuck it out as did one other the first week. By mid second week I was the only trainee left and my training pretty much ended there. I felt like I had the gist of the job and confidence enough to give it a try. They tell you to expect a crowd of "5 to 50" people in front of you. My first day alone, I had a hard time getting 5 people to come see my "show". They tell you to call trainers for "adjustment calls" when you are struggling and when you call no one answers or calls you back. You are forced to figure things out on your own. This pattern continued for the entire week. I finally had a decent sales day on a Saturday and I felt better about the job. The director was absent the majority of time. I spoke to him a couple of times on the phone (always with schedule changes and demands) but he seemed to just vent about the problems with his job. He even said we should meet up for a drink - which I found odd and not very professional. When I did meet other "agents" I heard stories of sexual harassment, drug use and many activities that made me feel like I was in high school instead of a proper work environment. One of the regionals I met seemed very shady and many of the agents warned me that he was the type that cheated on his girlfriend and used others. I'm young and I lack a long resume in work experience but I knew this is not how it is supposed to be. Luckily I found another job and was able to leave. I didn't want to be miserable any longer or worse become like those that stuck it out.

Might help if you hire managers and directors in place that are professional and respectful. If your leaders aren't worth following, your company is going to fall apart. Judging by those management entrusts to run the show, it's a dead end gig.

Terrible, no-good experience

Former Employee - Sales Agent  in  Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Sales Agent in Dallas, TX

I worked at US Jesco full-time for more than a year

Pros

Very little was good about this company. The only good thing I experienced was finding out about the pitching world.

Cons

They lie to you and auditions to get you in the door. Once you're in the door they overwork you and make you feel used. The HR department begs representatives to go online and post positive reviews ( I was suckered into it). since they can't get enough real agents from the field to post positive reviews, they had everybody in the office go online to post positive reviews, though they know nothing about the field. Anybody that was good to work with has gone to work for Twin Towers Trading.

Find another pitching company, quickly.

Over worked manager

Former Employee - Director of Retail Promotions
    Former Employee - Director of Retail Promotions

I worked at US Jesco full-time for more than a year

Pros

consistent work, company housing available at a reasonable rate, had a company vehicle and paid gas.

Cons

paid late consistently, worked far more hours than the pay could justify,

improve consistency of pay, manage budgets to allow for having help with production work.

if you have the time and dedication it is fine, but not somewhere you want to stay forever

Former Employee - Independent Contractor  in  Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Independent Contractor in Denver, CO

I worked at US Jesco as a contractor for more than a year

Pros

they used to pay for travel, now they pay commission with bonus for performance

Cons

Everything's performance based but your audience doesn't always care to watch the performance after the get the free item. its hit or miss.

provide more incentives

Great company if you can see the corporate goals!

Former Employee - Sales Agent  in  Portland, OR
    Former Employee - Sales Agent in Portland, OR

I worked at US Jesco full-time for more than a year

Pros

Sales experience in a showstyle environment, became fearless with sales! Great training and support when stores were welcoming.

Cons

Independant contract status. No benefits, no control of where we would be placed in stores. Lots of travel, not much at home, but the anchors out 90 miles were OK. Being an independant contractor means you pay full expenses, not an official employee.

Move the in store presentations so they only happen once per 6 months. Most of the customers are repeat customers to the store. One new product (amaerican made) every six months in new stores each time.

Worked for US Jesco? Contribute to the Community!