US Jesco Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
3.8
Jay Spalding

Pros
  • During the holiday season, you can really make a lot of money (in 4 reviews)

• potential to make a lot of money (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Not good cause if you don't sell you have wasted your time cause there is no base pay (in 7 reviews)

• There is noting about this job this is Independent Contractor (in 7 reviews)

Stay Far Away From This Company

I worked at US Jesco full-time

Pros

Experience. Never boring. Opportunities to meet interesting people.

Cons

Completely life consuming, shockingly dishonest, controlling employer. Consistently losing store contracts due to misleading paperwork. No insurance benefits (they tell you there are, but try asking. Then work there for a year and try asking again). NO GUARANTEED PAY regardless of whether you are at a store near your home or in a store across the country. Uncontrollable negative store situations for a 10 day run. Inferior products that I had to sell with a smile, knowing they would break within the month.

Advice to Management

Pay your employees. Pay them in full. Pay them on time. Do not deliberately mislead people during the interview. Reimburse your agents (at least PARTLY) for travel. Stop belittling, abusing, and taking advantage of the people who make you your money. Stop leaving fake, positive reviews on the internet so that you'll get more applications.

Ridiculous company

I worked at US Jesco

Pros

Opportunity to travel, and to meet cool people

Cons

This is a very bad company, From the time someone starts to believe their own lies, that person at has a problem All of the upper management lie to their "experts/agents " to get what they want. Please avoid this company at all cost. They cancel things last minute, everything with this company is last minute, so you won't have no other option than do what they have planned.

Advice to Management

Stop lieing to your agents, be honest and help them when needed

Not worth the hassle

Former Employee - Sales Agent in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Sales Agent in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at US Jesco full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I had a good manager. Money was good during the holidays. Weird but fun gig. I really liked the couple of people who stayed longer than a few weeks.

Cons

No base pay. You're a 1099 independent contractor, but you have no say over your schedule or products. You have to pay out like crazy come tax time. Shady reporting of numbers. Was often put in the same tapped store over and over again. No coverage for mandatory travel.

Advice to Management

Live up to your promises. Get some new store chains, fix up the quality of some of your products. Take the lies out of the pitch.

5. Demonstrating and Sales in a Retail Store

Current Employee - Sales Expert in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Sales Expert in Dallas, TX

I have been working at US Jesco full-time (More than a year)

Pros

My job is to demonstrate kitchen products in Sam’s Clubs and Costco. I enjoy my job because of the people i sell to. I love the live audience.

Cons

It is a full commission job, don’t get in a rut, that can hurt a paycheck.

Advice to Management

Advance scheduling could be better. Better communication.

6. Demonstrating Products

Current Employee - Demonstrator in Santa Barbara, CA
    Current Employee - Demonstrator in Santa Barbara, CA

I have been working at US Jesco full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I demonstrate kitchen products like the Chef’s Rival Chopper, or the Chef’s Envy Slicer in different stores. I am a huge believer in using whole foods in my culinary adventures. I love teaching others about the healthy cooking aspects that we use in the demonstration. It is a pretty fun job getting in front of people that want to learn about new products. I have also demonstrated some of the cleaning products like Microfiber.

Cons

Long Hours and sometimes and long drive. It’s commission based, but that could be a pro, if you are into that kind of thing. I would rather get a base plus commission, but that is me. I earn plenty.

Advice to Management

Try to schedule better stores.

Sales Demonstration Job

Current Employee - Demonstration Specialist in Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Demonstration Specialist in Detroit, MI

I have been working at US Jesco full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The demonstration job has been good for me for two years. I like my boss and the coworkers I work with. The trainer helped me get up and going and I have been self taught since then. The job is pretty easy if you don’t mind getting up in front of people. I don’t mind it. It really helps to have a microphone and speaker. The script is about the same for every product. It is easy to switch to a new product.

Cons

Memorizing the script was difficult for me. Also staying on the script was difficult for me. It is not something I am very good at. My boss says I would get more money if I could just stay on track. He is probably right.

Advice to Management

Better communication

started good but went south quickly

I worked at US Jesco

Pros

lots of work if youre ready for it. must be a hustler and or shark. there is good money to be made if youre good at this.

Cons

mostly with territory, pay, and inventory. we were told we would be in one area or not far from it, but our territory expanded more and more, increasing travel time, which sucked. inventory returns also effected commissions, which also were pretty sketchy in terms of proving what youre owed. if you can keep up with that its fine.

Advice to Management

pay your people on time and have a better way to show commissions.

Totally Into It (but not for everyone)

Current Employee - Demonstrator in Reston, VA
    Current Employee - Demonstrator in Reston, VA

I have been working at US Jesco full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

US Jesco gave me an incredible opportunity to use my outgoing personality to my advantage. I do it in a sales pitch on a stage. I finally get to use some of the chops I learned in Drama Class years and years ago. The system at Jesco makes it easy to learn and apply the script, so you can earn decent money right away. Then you can fine tune your pitch and start earning the big bucks. The killer thing is, it is all commission so I don’t have to rely on getting tipped out like it was when I was waiting tables. I know what I earn because it is directly connected to what I sell.

Cons

Unlike the people in other reviews, I always got paid. In fact, I was paid everything I earned as far as I could tell. The office does nickel a dime a few things when turning in receipts. But they are just covering they bases. If it was my company I would probably do the same. And a tip, don’t forget those receipts, they are like money. Another bad thing is sometimes my lower back hurts a little from standing all day. It is a daily grind. You tend to appreciate those days off to rest.

Advice to Management

I would like a modern portal that I could communicate with other agents around and get good tips and tricks.

Demonstrations are easy for me.

Current Employee - Product Demonstrator in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Product Demonstrator in Chicago, IL

I have been working at US Jesco full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I was hired and attended a training class not too far from my house. I learned a few of the products and worked in Bon Ton and Sears for few years. The we started working Steam Mops and in the Costco Wholesale Clubs. I really enjoyed moving to the Wholesale Clubs, the environment is not as stuffy as the Retail Mall Stores. The shows demonstrations come easy for me. I guess my outgoing personality just lends itself to this kind of work.

Cons

My feet tend to hurt after standing on them for an 8 hour shift. Sometimes the stores are not that busy.

Advice to Management

Better Communication.

Unusual Experience in Sales

Current Employee - Sales Agent in Richardson, TX
    Current Employee - Sales Agent in Richardson, TX

I have been working at US Jesco full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I have always worked in sales. From selling houses, to mortgages/financing, to car sales, and even cable provider sales. Most of my experience is self taught, maybe one or two of the seminars Time Warner or Century 21 sent me to taught me a little. But it wasn’t until I demonstrated these silly little cleaning products that I truly understood the art of the sell. I wish I would have had this knowledge earlier in my career, I am telling you, it would have helped me a ton. Anyways, I enjoy the art of selling these little cleaning products. It is a little bit rough being on your feet all day, but way better than in an office or making cold calls. The opportunities are here if you want to move up into management. I enjoy just showing up to work and not worrying about all of that scheduling stuff.

Cons

Some of the days can be long on your feet, as I talked about above. Some of the drives to stores can be across town. But, the good news is, you miss most of rush hour traffic because the stores don’t open till 10ish. So the travel time is usually not bad.

Advice to Management

I wouldn’t change anything. I love working for a small family owned business, working with people that care.

RSS Feed </> Embed