US Medical Supplies

Updated Jan 22, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Jeff Sheffer

Very stable growing company.

Sales (Current Employee)
    Raleigh, NC

ProsContinued growth in sales, lots of opportunity for advancement. Two new team leaders added in the last 6 months. Company is opening a new 6,500 sq ft retail store. Stability many employees with more than 10 years tenure.

ConsPerformance oriented company as with all good sales organizations if you are in the bottom 20% you either improve or need to look for another job. This is not a con for performers only for non performers.

Advice to Senior ManagementRock on.

Sales associate

Sales Associate (Former Employee)
    Raleigh, NC

ProsGrowing Industry selling mobility products to handicapped and elderly customers. 50 websites around the country with the appearance of being separate companies.

ConsFew can make a living on what they pay. False promise of high commission. Management continues to hire sales people and that cuts into the possible commission of all the other sales employees there. Each inbound call is expected by management to be a sale.

Advice to Senior ManagementLevel set what the real pay will be when interviewing new employees.

Awful Company, Toxic Environment.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Raleigh, NC

ProsThere WAS some good people in the company, but like a previous reviewer said – you don’t get to know people that long before they leave the company. Everything is ruined by an awful culture that will never change.

ConsWhere to start? I received no vacation for the first year. After that, you receive just 5 days/yr for the next 5 years. No health benefits. In fact, the only thing you do get is a 401k, but no one uses that because they can barely afford to save and contribute to their retirement with the salary you receive. Compensation is far, far, far below market rate and there is 0% chance you’ll receive a fair raise – don’t make the mistake a lot of us made and wait that out!

Upper management micro-manage. How about you put a little trust in your employees? Stop reading sales/internet marketing 101 books… You’re grossly misguided in every action you take.
    They hate you taking breaks, even though it’s within the law. They don’t understand employee rights and have to be told by employees what they are.

Upstairs (marketing/design) lost 5 people within 6 months. That’s 50% of the people upstairs! When each of them left, nothing was communicated by the CEO, even when the Director of marketing left. Disgraceful. He expected people to continue with their jobs, pick up the added slack and carry out roles for the same amount of money. P.s. No one was hired to cover any of those 5 people.

To the culture: Toxic. Between sales (downstairs) and marketing/design (upstairs) it’s like two different companies. No one cares about the business, just getting through the day without upper mgmt hassle.

Around 30 websites that sell the same thing and each of them compete with each other, it’s a joke. It’s all about quantity over quality.

Just don’t waste your time. Not one person loves their job.

P.s. I quit the company and these views reflect my own opinion :-)

Advice to Senior ManagementWake up. Take a look at yourself. I won’t give them the satisfaction and privilege of my advice – they wouldn’t use it anyway. You don’t deserve to succeed as a company or individuals.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good place to work

Raleigh, NC

ProsCompany is growing, no threats of lay offs. 40 hour week goes by quickly as we are always busy. Sales contest each month, QTR and yearly are nice.

ConsTo keep up sometimes you have to work through lunch. As a retail agent only allowed to work 40 hours.

Advice to Senior ManagementWe like the contest thanks for the opportunity!

I find the company treats the staff fairly and compensation is competitive with other local opportunities.

Retail AGent (Current Employee)
    Raleigh, NC

ProsGood work schedule. Have never been required to work OT and lots of promotion opportunity. Best part is I get to help people with the medical issues. Love it!

ConsAs this is retail it does require some nights and weekend work. The company is very technical oriented and the IT department seems to hold the company back.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the sales training as the learning curve with 10,000 plus items is steep.

Run.....crooked management

Sales Associate (Current Employee)
    Raleigh, NC

ProsThere is a collection of professionals who actually make up a very competent sales staff. When left alone by management it is actually a nice place to work.

ConsManagement constantly tries to micro-manage the staff. Management could not sell water in the dessert. They have not concept as to how to relate to the staff of it's customers. They are only concerned about profits & try every way possible not to have to pay you your properly earned commissions.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease just leave and go ahead and sell the company as you have been saying that you were going to do. Everyone especially the staff is miserable because of your unethical practices.

Poor company culture, few benefits, and low salaries.

ProsThe people at the bottom are great and most have a great work ethic in spite of the poor management. Turnover is so high that by the time you get to know someone, they are moving on.

ConsThe people overall are ok although the culture of the company is divisive with some departments receiving different benefits than others. This fosters a lot of animosity.

The culture of the company is divisive with some departments receiving different benefits and bonuses than others. This fosters a lot of animosity. There are far too many managers and the CEO is also a micro-manager that is involved in every aspect of the day to day operations of the business.

The compensation and benefits are far below what other companies of the same size or smaller are paying. There is no health insurance plan at all. Only 1 week of paid vacation for the first 5 years and after that you get 2 weeks. I believe there were supposedly 5 paid holidays but if the holiday fell on a weekend then you just were not compensated for that holiday and did not get the Friday or Monday off. There is no profit sharing or any sort of revenue based incentives despite the fact that the company has doubled in size and revenue in the last 3 years. Bonus programs differ between departments with some employees not included in any plan at all.

Raises are few and far between. Bonus levels seem to be purposely set high to prevent anyone from ever receiving a bonus.

If you are looking for a place with competitive pay and benefits and room for advancement keep looking.

Worked for US Medical Supplies? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at US Medical Supplies reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for US Medical Supplies CEO Jeff Sheffer. All 7 reviews posted anonymously by US Medical Supplies employees.