US Metro Group Reviews

Charles Kim

1. Needs better management, support for employees

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at US Metro Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

People who work in the newsroom are hard-working, wonderful people doing a difficult job with no resources.

Cons

Employees do not feel supported, leading to bad morale. Top heavy, with overbearing CEO who's difficult to please on any level. Inconsistent news and company mission.

Advice to Management

Support your workers better -- They need to feel valued. Establish clear and reasonable expectations -- That's totally lacking. Stop literally yelling at people across the entire floor.

2. A circus, fun at times but wholly unprofessional and poorly managed.

I have been working at US Metro Group full-time

Pros

Got to meet a lot of interesting people and travel a bit, met everyone in the industry. Learned skills outside my job role. A few major important clients actually did get good service and were handled well by a few star managers that had been with the company a long time. Some really great coworkers in spite of the state of the company as a whole.

Cons

Hiring was based on a whim, and everyone was essentially on a trial period. Commissions rarely paid in full. CEO raged on a regular basis, fired and rehired, made irrational and emotional decisions. Paperwork and contracts were a mess, and infrastructure was already crumbling several years back. Sales had a hard time maintaining credibility as we'd get big contracts then drop the ball operationally. Turnover incredibly high, and employees were sometimes pitted against each other. Extremely unhealthy work environment. I'm leaving out some major cons here because I don't feel right divulging the information.

Advice to Management

Good luck buddy.

3. National VP strategic operations

Former Employee - National Vice President Strategic Operations in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at US Metro Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

large amount of potential clients

Cons

Commission contract administrated by CEO.

Advice to Management

Contracts need to have mutually agreed upon SLA's. Verify with the clients, that you are supporting have agreed to the commissioned %. I had signed agreements stating my percentages and then after a few weeks that the clients were being encouraged to sign zero commission agreements and then the Sr staff would receive none of the profitability.

RSS Feed </> Embed