US Renal Care

Updated October 29, 2014
2.5

CEO

good

I worked at US Renal Care full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

patient care and friendships I made

Cons

none, The company was very good to employees

Great place to work and great people.

I have been working at US Renal Care full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I like the friendly atmosphere. PTO is great, friendly leadership, competitive salaries, decent benefits, and I really like the people I work with and love the patients.

Cons

More work to do than hours in the day. Constantly short-staffed. Management only wants to meet minimum regulations. Don't consider impact on staff and patients when staff calls in sick or go on vacation. Burns out staff. Don't have enough staff in a clinic to give the best patient care. Turnover is too high and constantly training new employees and feel stressed all the time.

Staff clinics so they can provide best patient care. Would like to see management come into clinic that is short staffed and watch what it takes to take care of patients all day long. Employees like me want to provide the best care we can but cannot do so when always losing staff.

A More Wretched Hive of Scum and Villainy You'll never Find . . .

Current Employee - Charge Nurse in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Charge Nurse in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at US Renal Care full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Well, the paychecks cash regularly, and sexual harassment is absolutely not tolerated.

Cons

You can't make your hours; it's hard to keep focused with the emphasis constantly to "GET OUT!!!" when you've reached a lower patient level and they have to send someone home. I've had discussions with regional managers and training RNs where no one knew what the CDC guidelines were for various transmission levels; consequently, all staff must put on complete PPE just to comfort a crying patient or even hold their hand!

Don't plan on making this a career; they'll cut your position if you make too much and ruin your professional name just to cover their tracks.

truly horrible experience

Former Employee - Nurse
    Former Employee - Nurse

I worked at US Renal Care full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I really can not think of one good thing to write here.

Cons

management is about the worse i have ever seen. they seem to care about themselves only and really do not care about the employees one bit. They seem, in this area, to be very prejudicial and biased. I would rather go hungry than work for a company like this.

complete overhaul from clinic managers up the line. Instead of looking at the general staff, start looking at yourselves.

Great Company loads of Corporate support and tools to do a good job,. On the Regional level lossy management team.

Current Employee - Administrator in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Administrator in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at US Renal Care full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Great team worked together well in our Facility. Access to great tools on the portal. Patients were taken care of and treated like Family. Doctors got what they needed from us to manage their patients. Environment clean and free of insects. Culture patients comes first,employees are well compensated great benefit package. Internal promotions to facilitate growth,education to promote competency and knowledge.

Cons

Lack of trust and micromanagement by direct reports middle management . Failure to recognize skills and was underutized by management. Low morale as middle manager made bad decisions. Too much control limits creativity and breed discontent. Overwork managers decreasing their ability to oversee and manage effectively.

Train yout miiddle management teaam to mimic and convey Corporategoals and Company culture.
    Listen to complaints and grievances and use your process to come to resolution

It felt like high school all over, again.

Former Employee - Certified Hemodialysis Technician in York, PA
    Former Employee - Certified Hemodialysis Technician in York, PA

I worked at US Renal Care full-time (less than an year)

Pros

What I loved most about working there was the interaction with the patients. It's wonderful seeing the same faces, and knowing you are making a huge difference in their lives. I truly became friends with a lot of them, and even though I no linger work for the company, I still wonder about their well-being.

They worked with the employee schedules pretty fairly, so, that was probably the biggest plus.

Cons

Going to work everyday was like being in high school. The other employees were very cliquey and immature. It was difficult to feel at home unless you have been an employee for years with the company. Being unprofessional really annoys me, and when you go to your place of employment and talk about people behind their backs, do the minimum requirements, and have an attitude which makes you look bitter, it makes for a difficult work environment for the ones whom actually care about their job.
    The pay wasn't the best, so, perhaps that's why.

Treat your quality employees, the ones who honestly care about what they are doing, right.
    Patients in dialysis have nothing to do in the chair for the 3+ hours they are there three times/week except sleep, watch tv, and pay attention to their surroundings. They hear a lot, see a lot, and know a great deal about what is going on inside those walls. They should really stop catering to the employees who act unprofessional and lazy, just because they have been with the company for a few years.

Compartmentalized, Uncaring, Dishonest, and Cold

I worked at US Renal Care full-time (more than an year)

Pros

If you are lucky enough to work with bright, motivated people, you are blessed. Working with non-Corporate Office employees was the biggest plus for this company.

Cons

You are a cog in the wheel of commerce. There has not been a single time in which teamwork, comradery, and collaboration reigned over the bottom line. You will be told one thing and something completely different will be done. I have worked for a lot of companies but never have I felt so un-appreciated and segregated from any aspect of importance.

Pray that your luck and purse strings keep up because if it doesn't, you'll not only lose valuable talent, you'll lose your position. Keep in mind that the opinions of your entire staff is just as important as the people outside of your department is. This mentality trickles down to everyone you work with.

USRC Corporate office

Former Employee - Intake Supervisor in Plano, TX
    Former Employee - Intake Supervisor in Plano, TX

I worked at US Renal Care full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Excellent benefits, corporate business office, very busy atmosphere.

Cons

None loved the location and career opportunity,

Excellent leadership

I would recommend this sweatshop job to a friend ONLY if they really, really needed a job.

Former Employee - LVN
    Former Employee - LVN

I worked at US Renal Care full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Management does their best to give you a schedule that you can live with; earn approx. 5 weeks PTO if work full time hours; mostly good patients: long work hours gives techs/nurses an extra day or two off per week; extra hours can be found if you want to work extra, pay for nurses is competitive. Definite challenge to your people skills, patience and self-esteem could be viewed as a pro or a con. Location is close to home, i

Cons

Long hours, 15-16 hour days 5a.m.-9p.m.; LVN's are left out of the loop and a bit condescended to by RN's because LVN's are used as glorified CNA's, yet are there to make less work for the RN's at the same time; LVN's are used far below their schooling and previous practice (if you've done anything other than dialysis, you're probably a much better nurse than this job allows you to be); dialysis seems to be a most difficult atmosphere for a new employee to become a cohesive part of the team, due to some long-term employee attitudes, some patients not wanting anyone new to deal with them, too much backstabbing rather than encouraging; sweaty job due to having to be covered in PPE except when on breaks; hard tile over concrete floors which is murder on your legs and back; any whining by the RN's about how hard they have to work.

Walk in and say good morning to your staff (all of them and not just your charge nurse). Don't just look over their heads and then walk right past them while greeting the patients that they have already been working on for 4 hours by the time you may arrive for your 6-7 hour day (including an hour lunch).

Positive

Current Employee - Patient Care Technician in Bethesda, MD
    Current Employee - Patient Care Technician in Bethesda, MD

I have been working at US Renal Care full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

There is opportunity for growth with educational reimbursement.

Cons

Regular reviews does not equal raise