US-Reports Reviews

Steven A. Hitz

Good

Former Employee - Inspector in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Inspector in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at US-Reports part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Good work, steady, home based job.

Cons

Low pay, unskilled management. Unskilled reviewers.

Pay people better.

Great company!!

Current Employee - Insurance Loss Control Surveyor in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Insurance Loss Control Surveyor in Denver, CO

I have been working at US-Reports as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

I have the flexibility to schedule my own appointments and work around my schedule. I get to choose how much work I accept. I get excellent, educated and quick help from the branch manager, RD and branch assistant. I get compensated monetarily for travel outside a 50 mile radius. My check is direct deposited so I get paid on the pay date.

Cons

IT would be nice to be paid weekly instead of bi-monthly.

Overall ok, don't get enough work

Current Employee - Premium Auditor
    Current Employee - Premium Auditor

I have been working at US-Reports as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

They provide good training but it does help if you have some sort of an insurance background. Because you are an independent contractor working from home you can set your own hours.

Cons

Regional management can be hard to contact by phone or email. Getting enough work can be challenging. Certain types of audits pay very little.

Better communication with auditors.

Worst of the Worst

Former Employee - Loss Control Consultant in Birmingham, AL
    Former Employee - Loss Control Consultant in Birmingham, AL

I worked at US-Reports as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

This company has no redeeming factors.

Cons

Pay is a joke, expense reimbursements do not exist, they could care less if you make a livable wage. They say they pay $32/hr but what they don't say is jobs are capped at .7 or 1.0 hours so effectively you're paid $26 or $32 a job. They'll also give you a lot of photo only jobs that pay $10. If you think you can schedule, drive to a job, survey the job and submit the report in .7 or 1.0 hours, good luck. They don't reimburse for gas, office supplies, cell phone, internet, nothing. Their claim to fame is they train you while other loss control companies won't. Training is so vague unless you've been in the business it's worthless which means you go do a job, submit it, and it gets kicked backed meaning you have to make a return trip. After a year I worked it out and after expenses I was making way below minimum wage. They get around minimum wage laws by making you sign a contract agreeing you are an independent contractor.

They have the highest turnover rate for field people in the business, for good reason. If you see any positive posts I can guarantee they were written by upper management.

The real kicker? The contract you sign makes you personally liable for anything you missed that resulted in a claim against the company. So, for example, if you submit a report saying a commercial kitchen has adequate controls and it burns down due to inadequate controls the insurance company sues US Reports they sue you for providing inaccurate info. All for a $5/hour job.

Make sure your Errors and Omissions policy is fully paid.

US-REPORTS WILL STEAL YOUR TIME AND ALL OF YOUR MONEY!

Former Employee - Premium Auditor in Toledo, OH
    Former Employee - Premium Auditor in Toledo, OH

I worked at US-Reports as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

If you consider having the freedom of driving around on your gas for free a benefit---there ya go!

Cons

When I first started for US-reports, I was told that I would get paid for the time I worked on it, regardless of how long it takes me. That's a lie! You will get "promised" 32 dollars or 64 dollars for each audit, unless they give "permission."

They say they pay $15 dollars and hour if you drive over 50 miles away from your home. That's a lie! You will get "promised" $32 or $64 bucks.

I drove over 700 miles for US-Reports and got a non-cashable check $600 buck. US Reports intentionally sent me a non-cashable check. I did ALL of the WORK ALL of the DRIVING. AND KEPT ALL THE MONEY!

I called many times to complain. They are happy knowing they stole from me.

US REPORTS is about as legit as those scammy data entry jobs you see posted everywhere on the internet. They are the devil! They won't be in business long.

Stop Stealing!

Poor company to work for

I have been working at US-Reports as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

Extra money is good even though you really work for it.

Cons

No help when needed, Took 2 months to get one job reviewed and never received pay for this. Software training program doesn't agree with the software. Keep sending work out of my territory. Send work and a day or 2 later they trace it.

Never make anything easier but you should.

Insurance Inspector, Loss Control -Inspect the Company

Former Employee - Field Representative in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Field Representative in Boston, MA

I worked at US-Reports as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

There are none, they do not help support you in the field.

Cons

/trying to get paid by this company it took three months to get paid for 2 jobs completed. Don't waist your time there are better company's out in the Insurance Inspection Field

The advance management seem to be on your side until I asked to get paid, "he did nothing". The manager was all the time trying to sell you to the company offering work out of your area until you ask for an advance!

One of the better contract auditing companies

Former Employee - Premium Auditor in Sacramento, CA
    Former Employee - Premium Auditor in Sacramento, CA

I worked at US-Reports as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Contract Auditors set their own schedules. Audit review team was helpful. Decent auditing software and scheduling software.

Cons

Compensation was just ok. Should be based on experience.

Contractors are underpaid for services

Current Employee - Premium Auditor in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Premium Auditor in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at US-Reports as a contractor (more than 3 years)

Pros

Flexibility of scheduling/accepting assignments. Work from home and travel to meet with stakeholders.

Cons

Lack of leadership's knowledge of contractor costs. Unwillingness to negotiate.

You need to work more closely with field contractors. Listen to criticism, negotiate when appropriate.

Need a hobby or a job, this place is a joke

Former Employee - Insurance Loss Control Surveyor in DFW, TX
    Former Employee - Insurance Loss Control Surveyor in DFW, TX

I worked at US-Reports as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

The only thing that I would say that's a pro for this company is if you are wanting to get your foot in the door, at a chance to get into the insurance adjusting or safety fields then give this place a try.

Cons

They will pay you $30.00 per hour with no benefits. But you have to drive 100 miles to do a job that will only pay you .4 tenths of an hour. All work is flat rate work (meaning the job is set by job standards) You might get lucky and have multiple jobs in the same vicinity, after you work for them for 6 months, in the meant time get ready to starve. I hate to admit it, but I made more money getting unemployment benefits than working here. Their top guy was a retired person that had been there for 2 years and only made around 45k a year then had to pay all of his expenses. Keep in mind starting out for this company is just that starting out. The most you can make with this company is about 35k-45k if you work 16 hour days after 1-2 years of service. Don't forget you have to pay for your own car, gas, insurance, all expenses out of your own pocket. This is Contract work, but they set you up with a company that makes you self employed.

Stop being greedy and pay more to the soldier in the field.

US-Reports Photos