USA Pools Reviews

CEO

1. Great Job for college

Former Employee - Head Lifeguard in Roswell, GA
    Former Employee - Head Lifeguard in Roswell, GA

I worked at USA Pools part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I worked here during college and really enjoyed my experience. Management was easy to work with. Low stress job. Opportunity to manage others.

Cons

Compensation is not that great. Minimal promotion opportunities.

2. Life Guard

I worked at USA Pools part-time

Pros

Easy Pay, Flexible, Straight forward,

Cons

Manager Meetings once a month. Severely understaffed upper management.

3. Terrible!

Former Employee - Lifeguard/Swim Instructor
    Former Employee - Lifeguard/Swim Instructor

I worked at USA Pools part-time (More than a year)

Pros

i had a very easy commute.

Cons

When I worked here, they would not withhold taxes from your paycheck. That may have changed now, but I know that we were not considered contractors and therefore should have had taxes withheld like any other W-2 employee. They would withhold part of your paycheck to get a "bonus" at the end of the summer, but there would be stipulations that would keep it from being paid out. this would cause some co-workers to drop below min wage. I have a lot of friends that were lifeguards with different management companies. Their companies were much more professional, better trained.

Advice to Management

Either stop doing business or figure your stuff out!

5. Lifeguard

Former Employee - Lifeguard in Villa Rica, GA
    Former Employee - Lifeguard in Villa Rica, GA

I worked at USA Pools part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Laid back job for highshool or college students, except of course when an emergency arises. Mainly accident prevention and twirling a whistle.

Cons

Long shift hours, having to play the baby-sitter role for unruly children, and the occasional skinned knee and tears. Positively boring a large amount of the time.

Advice to Management

Localizing the interview and orientation process to locations outside of the company's headquarters and closer to the aspiring employees.

Avoid this company at all costs.

Former Employee - Lifeguard in Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - Lifeguard in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at USA Pools part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

None, this company preys on uninformed High School and Post HS kids with their designation as private contractors as opposed to what they should be designated as employees.

Cons

This company only pays their lifeguards via debit cards, which they issue, so reap the usage fees associated with them. They also hire their lifeguards as Private Contractors, which has been ruled an incorrect designation by the IRS. This puts the the company that hires USA Pools as well as the lifeguards at risk for any liability. It was illegal in MN so we tried to get our useless Wage and Labor Dept to stop them. We had to get a ruling from the IRS, only to find they have already been deemed by the IRS to be hiring lifeguards as contractors is illegal. When they were informed that it was illegal to only pay via Debit cards in MN, I was fired. Do not hire them, do not work for them. This company should be put out of business. No stars!! Negative Stars!!!! This company recently changed its name to USA Management. They probably reincorporated to try and dodge all the lawsuits that previous employes are bringing against them, but since these are mainly HS and post HS kids and the individual dollar amounts so small, they keep getting away with it.

Advice to Management

Have a conscience.

7. Fair management and fair pay.

Current Employee - Lifeguard/Swim Instructor in Alpharetta, GA
    Current Employee - Lifeguard/Swim Instructor in Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at USA Pools part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Getting to sit by the pool and be paid is always a dream job. Sometimes though unqualified coworkers and management issues can get the best of you.

Cons

Sometimes poor management and having to deal with unruly pool patrons.

Advice to Management

Be more involved with your guards at their level. occasionally come to the pool and see what happens on a daily basis.

USA pools is the face of many small shady companies that takse advantage of clients and employees!

Pros

The companies include but are not limited to USA POOLS of Del Marva,Pennsylvania, Houston,New York, AMI,Pool management Inc,Rite Pools,USA Pools construction and more.They use these multiple companies to manipulate bids to win contracts. They lie to their clients about their employees 1099 status.The clients are unaware that insurance doesn't cover subcontractors and that moves liability to the client.

Cons

You are worked as a 1099 subcontractor even though you position qualifies you as a w-2.As a 1099 you are liable if an accident happens on your watch.Staff turn them in to the department of labor and IRS because they are stealing payroll taxes from you and illegally classifying you as a subcontractor. Verify this statement by going to the DOL website and see what the qualifications of a w-2 verses a 1099.Don't be intimidated by their threats because their are laws that protect you from retaliation.

Advice to Management

Stop cheating the system. You can only lie so long before you get caught and eventually everyone will know who you are and how you operate.Eventually you will fail.

9. I had a great summer with USA Management!!

Current Employee - Seasonal Pool Manager in Orinda, CA
    Current Employee - Seasonal Pool Manager in Orinda, CA

I have been working at USA Pools part-time (More than a year)

Pros

I love the option of being able to earn supplementary income while I am away from college during the summer. I am offered to apply and return each summer as an Aquatic Facility Manager in my area. They also have future options for me when i graduate college to work for the company full-time!

Cons

The only con is that because I do work seasonally, I have to reapply every summer so the Human Resources are aware I would like to return.

10. Lifeguard

Current Employee - Lifeguard in Cumming, GA
    Current Employee - Lifeguard in Cumming, GA

I have been working at USA Pools part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Easy job with a lot of responsibility. Decent pay for the low amount of experience required. Management is a lot more lenient than many other companies my friends worked for.

Cons

There were only three people assigned to the pool I worked at and two had to be working at all times. Therefore, I had to work almost every day, but I didn't mind it and I made a lot of money by the end of the summer.

11. Great Summer Job

Current Employee - Lifeguard in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Lifeguard in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at USA Pools part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I got to write my own schedule, flexable hours and I met a lot of nice people my own age.

Cons

I enjoyed very much and look forward to doing it again.

RSS Feed </> Embed