USA Truck Reviews

John M. Simone

Been good so far

Current Employee - Company Driver
    Current Employee - Company Driver

I have been working at USA Truck for more than a year

Pros

Good company work with you have a newer truck from get go let you work not on you if they know you can do the job

Cons

Lower wage than my last company have a battery operated cooling and heating apu good for ten hours only not been a problem but worried about it when there would be one truck has a idle cut off

They leave you stranded!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Former Employee - OTR Driver  in  Van Buren, AR
    Former Employee - OTR Driver in Van Buren, AR

I worked at USA Truck full-time for more than a year

Pros

There are not any good reason's to work at this company.

Cons

The DM's ignore you, whether it is day or night shift. They do not try to get you home for down time. They do not supply you with all the paperwork you need to do our job. They tell you that you can not use your GPS to get to your destinations, but do not give you route instructions. I was sent to Mehoopany, PA without any instruction, except not to use my GPS. The route I took is not marked as s restricted road and I was not told by my DM that it was. USA Truck knows this road is restricted, they have had driver's caught on it before. You end up getting over weight, over length and over height violations and fines ($2700 +) and then get fired and stranded on the road. Oh, you can take their bus ticket and leave all your personal belongings in boxes in their yard, they will get them to you sometime, somehow! If USA sends you to Mehoopany, go ahead and quit...they have sent you there to get your butt fined off and then to fire you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!This company sucks all the way around. They then told any company that called for job verification that I had unsafe driving practices, and no one will hire me for OTR!

Get GPS's in the trucks or give route instructions. Treat your driver's like people and act like company with some integrity.

Great company

Former Employee - Company Driver  in  Van Buren, AR
    Former Employee - Company Driver in Van Buren, AR

I worked at USA Truck full-time for less than a year

Pros

Chris fm for fleet 31, all the miles you could possibly ask for, brand new tractors, apu, the will to work with you I was treated as a human and if I had a problem it was resolved, the miles are here no problem running over 2800 every week, kinda asking my self why I left right now

Cons

Some older trailers, night and weekend dispatch ( luckily I was always dispatched through the weekend) people net e logs

Keep up the great work

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Terrible company to work for...

Current Employee - Driver Manager  in  Little Rock, AR
    Current Employee - Driver Manager in Little Rock, AR

I have been working at USA Truck full-time for less than a year

Pros

The pay is the ONLY good thing going at this company. Actually, I think we're severely underpaid for what is expected of us daily....

Cons

As a Driver Manager, it is extremely stressful! There's absolutely no down time. It's crazy from the time you walk in the door until the time you walk out. The managers are always breathing down your back about something. They have no people skills...they talk to you (well not me) like you're 2 years old. They really need to take some human relations classes. It's a sad thing when you dread walking in the door every morning. There's also no training what so ever. They have you sit with someone for 1 week who has no time to breath, less known any time to explain to you what they are doing, so you're totally lost when you're on your own, but they expect you to know everything.

Get your Terminal Managers and Operations Managers some training on how to treat and speak to their employees and truck drivers. Lessen the amount of drivers to each Driver Manager. 40+ drivers to one Driver Manager is absolutely ridiculous. The max should be 20 - and that's too many. This is the very reason the drivers are quitting left and right (other than because their trucks break down all the time)...they can't get the attention they need/require because there's too many of them to one Driver Manager. Hire more Driver Manager's, and lessen the amount of drivers assigned to each manager, and you will see a significant change in the company, the morale of the employees, and a better retention status.

We had our ups and down but for most part it is a very good company to work for.

I worked at USA Truck

Pros

they kept their word, they're always there to help you. brakedowns really good, and When they send out a message to you if you did not respond they would call you on phone just to check on you. pay was not bad they kept you moving if you wanted the miles they had them

Cons

its up to you .

Run, run as fast as you can...

I worked at USA Truck

Pros

Still thinking...still thinking...oh they did reimburse me for driving to orientation at the rate of a bus ticket...and the showers had hot water.

Cons

Could care less who you are. Waited two weeks for a trainer after orientation. For what? Some 'supertrucker' who thought he was God's gift to trucking. Had all kind of anger issues and said nothing good about the company. Asked for another trainer. All his training countered all I was taught by certified instructors and training I've received with new company. Thank God I only wasted a little over a month with these bottom feeders.

Start a new training program with true instructors, not 'supertruckers' who are just looking for extra money and have zero teaching ability.

Terrible place to work

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Van Buren, AR
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Van Buren, AR

I worked at USA Truck full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

There really are no good things to say about this company

Cons

This company doesn't value employees. The turnover in the office is unreal. The management seems to feel that people are just expendable commodities. Most of the Management team commutes to Van Buren, AR from Dallas, TX. They are outsourcing all of the work they can.

Do the company a favor and resign. Let the new Board members replace you with more competent and ethical leaders.

If this is your "entry" into trucking, beware!!! Get training funds from your state, instead of them.

Former Employee - Driver  in  Van Buren, AR
    Former Employee - Driver in Van Buren, AR

I worked at USA Truck full-time for less than a year

Pros

They want you. (fresh meat in a jobless market). They have training. (Yep, an extortion tool that puts you on the line for Thousands of Dollars) You are your own boss. (When your at home, which is conveniently brushed aside as if your life has no significance) Make up to $40,000 in your first year! (Up to, Ya right! They have you coming and going) The checks never total over $300 per week.

Cons

A big advertisement campaign for desparate job seekers who end up suckered and used. The brainwashing from their culture in the dispatch office tries to make you feel as if your in grade school. The positive (fake) affirmations like Hey Big Dog!!!!! Ya, see if they say that when threats of dumping you on the road happen because you want lunch. Keep the left door shut is what I was told. Treats you like a little kid.

You will be extorted folks. How?
    .If you quit = no unemployment
    .If you quit=no favorable DAC report
    If you quit=no good job review for your next job
    If you quit=you owe $6000 and counting future interest if unpaid
    If you quit=you ruin your credit score from that dumb loan. Its more than the $3900 price advertised once you get suckered.
    They will even try to dump you off on the road where you sit or stand by taking the truck.

What you will feel preassured to do... Lie on your time sheets, Lie on your vehicle condition, Say yes to everything some dope behind a LCD screen deems possible, and it is not always possible. I wouldn't be the liar they wanted. Public safety is too important. More important than some sweatshop on wheels.

The Qualcomm offered ideal truckers who stayed on the road for a month straight with no frustration a picture of them with the CEO if they became employee of the month. Oh my What a treasure! After obtaining a picture of myself with the CEO, I think all my earthly ambitions would be fulfilled. What a stupid arrogant culture. Try concerning yourselves with driver safety and rest. You $$$$ hungry scammers.

Run from this place!

Former Employee - Driver  in  Van Buren, AR
    Former Employee - Driver in Van Buren, AR

I worked at USA Truck full-time for less than a year

Pros

Our dispatcher was amazing. She tried very hard to keep us moving and get us home when we needed to get home.

Cons

The weekend and over-night dispatchers ignored the phone, treated us like crap, and over all just sucked. Ifyou need an aadvance on mondays to get food, plan on starving. They give a $100.00 advance on tuesday and they would rather you starve out here than release that money early. When you are hired they tell you that you get your bonuses on every 10, 000 miles but what they do not tell you is that it is loaded miles. We ended up running about 26, 000 miles before we got our first bonus. Good luck getting your truck fixed properly, we got a bad batch of def. They drained the tank and sent us on our way. Two days later we were stuck waiting to get into the shop because engine derated itself. I do not think our apu worked the entire time we worked for them. Got stuck sleeping in -10* because night crew could not find us a hotel that was cheap enough and apu heater did not work. Could not run truck for heat because truck has a 5 minute idle. Will not be going back. Stay as far away from them as you can.

Why dont you hire some old school drivers for dispatch, if a driver needs a larger truck because his wife stays on the road with him just give it up....

Very Good

Current Employee - Sales  in  Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Sales in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at USA Truck full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

One of the best sales jobs in brokerage

Cons

No where else to go unless I want to leave Dallas.

Good turnaround. Great job.

USA Truck Photos

My Office

+ Add Photo

Worked for USA Truck? Contribute to the Community!