USA Truck Reviews

Updated October 8, 2014
Updated October 8, 2014
2.5

John M. Simone

Best company I have ever worked for

Former Employee - OTR Driver in Fort Smith, AR
    Former Employee - OTR Driver in Fort Smith, AR

I worked at USA Truck full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The routes are normally easily the memorize. Every company that I have her has been on the stock market. USA truck has haul for just about. Driver trainers make good money.

Cons

Waiting outside Walmarts for a appointment number is quite annoying. Especially if you're waiting so long that you have to take your. 10 hour break and is almost so convenient that you miss out on an extra load heading back home. So you can get that extra hundred bucks in your paycheck. Salaries are capped on average so you never make $1000 a week. Solo diver.

It has happened so many times I quit over it.

Other than that gripe management is awesome. The owner of the company is awesome.

Been good so far

Current Employee - Company Driver
    Current Employee - Company Driver

I have been working at USA Truck (more than an year)

Pros

Good company work with you have a newer truck from get go let you work not on you if they know you can do the job

Cons

Lower wage than my last company have a battery operated cooling and heating apu good for ten hours only not been a problem but worried about it when there would be one truck has a idle cut off

They take advantage of new out of school drivers

Former Employee - Solo Driver
    Former Employee - Solo Driver

I worked at USA Truck full-time (more than an year)

Pros

That they will hire anybody with a Class A C.D.L

Cons

They run you for 2100 miles a week and you get your pay check and it say settlement owed from driver

Care about your drivers and they spend long days and nights out and miss family things that I would like to be there and memories that you cant get back from moving USA Truck fright around a the Usa at lease pay them for there work not settlement owed from driver every week.... the ceo only care about what money goes in his pocket care about the drivers that help you put that money in your pocket

Past and current topics to research before going.

Former Employee - OTR Truck Driver in Van Buren, AR
    Former Employee - OTR Truck Driver in Van Buren, AR

I worked at USA Truck full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Read reviews and ask yourselves if you believe them. Why are they 5 star? Would you leave a 5 star company or stay? Lots of 5 star posts.

Cons

Read reviews and ask why are they 1 star? On your own do a google search about reviews of this company. I did my best at this company and had to quit because I felt it was a joke. Need I say more. So see what you find. It's up to you. USA is using Drivers Solutions the company so include them in your search. I was not happy with them either. They are the financing method used to place you into USA.

Good job on replacing your CFO or ex CEO. That shows you might keep going. The performance of the company was running into the ground during his tenure. Who else needs to go. can the vindictive drivers managers, and keep the supportive ones. You might be able to retain and create some real team players. Don't just chunk your drivers for any old reason.

Dangerous Trucks and Low Pay

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at USA Truck full-time (less than an year)

Pros

There is no good reason to work for this company. Drive at your own risk. Don't say you weren't warned.

Cons

They don't service trucks. Reques service 18 times & was ignored. My AP unit & PeopleNet blew one week after picking up truck. No A/C in 100° + temps.. Steering iso far off. Pretty obvious truck has been wreaked before. Kept getting loads that took me though main Service Center locations, Atlanta, Laredo, Dallas, West Memphis but they wouldn't let me take truck to be repaired. Air dam fell off driving through TN. Whole days of driving & miles disappeared from my pay. Was told they "washed" my check. Is that some "Creative Accounting"? Is that how this company had their 1st profitable quarter in 3 years, because they're "washing" - another word for Stealing- our money?! RUN, don't walk away from this company, as fast as you can!!

No bonus for management or higher until all trucks are in good working order and QUIT WASHING CHECKS, UNLESS YOU WANT IRS AUDITS FOR ANOTHER 10 YEARS. Also, DOT will be looking out for USA Trucks. Since USA doesn't.

8 years, the last 1.5 hell.

I have been working at USA Truck

Pros

There are not any , it's a cookie cutter company, the last year and a half it's really gone down.

Cons

A lot more than 20 words, don't care about retaining drivers, 8.5 years I'm gone.

Doesn't do any good, too give them advice especially from a driver.

They leave you stranded!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Former Employee - OTR Driver in Van Buren, AR
    Former Employee - OTR Driver in Van Buren, AR

I worked at USA Truck full-time (more than an year)

Pros

There are not any good reason's to work at this company.

Cons

The DM's ignore you, whether it is day or night shift. They do not try to get you home for down time. They do not supply you with all the paperwork you need to do our job. They tell you that you can not use your GPS to get to your destinations, but do not give you route instructions. I was sent to Mehoopany, PA without any instruction, except not to use my GPS. The route I took is not marked as s restricted road and I was not told by my DM that it was. USA Truck knows this road is restricted, they have had driver's caught on it before. You end up getting over weight, over length and over height violations and fines ($2700 +) and then get fired and stranded on the road. Oh, you can take their bus ticket and leave all your personal belongings in boxes in their yard, they will get them to you sometime, somehow! If USA sends you to Mehoopany, go ahead and quit...they have sent you there to get your butt fined off and then to fire you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!This company sucks all the way around. They then told any company that called for job verification that I had unsafe driving practices, and no one will hire me for OTR!

Get GPS's in the trucks or give route instructions. Treat your driver's like people and act like company with some integrity.

Great company

Former Employee - Company Driver in Van Buren, AR
    Former Employee - Company Driver in Van Buren, AR

I worked at USA Truck full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Chris fm for fleet 31, all the miles you could possibly ask for, brand new tractors, apu, the will to work with you I was treated as a human and if I had a problem it was resolved, the miles are here no problem running over 2800 every week, kinda asking my self why I left right now

Cons

Some older trailers, night and weekend dispatch ( luckily I was always dispatched through the weekend) people net e logs

Keep up the great work

Terrible company to work for...

Current Employee - Driver Manager in Little Rock, AR
    Current Employee - Driver Manager in Little Rock, AR

I have been working at USA Truck full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The pay is the ONLY good thing going at this company. Actually, I think we're severely underpaid for what is expected of us daily....

Cons

As a Driver Manager, it is extremely stressful! There's absolutely no down time. It's crazy from the time you walk in the door until the time you walk out. The managers are always breathing down your back about something. They have no people skills...they talk to you (well not me) like you're 2 years old. They really need to take some human relations classes. It's a sad thing when you dread walking in the door every morning. There's also no training what so ever. They have you sit with someone for 1 week who has no time to breath, less known any time to explain to you what they are doing, so you're totally lost when you're on your own, but they expect you to know everything.

Get your Terminal Managers and Operations Managers some training on how to treat and speak to their employees and truck drivers. Lessen the amount of drivers to each Driver Manager. 40+ drivers to one Driver Manager is absolutely ridiculous. The max should be 20 - and that's too many. This is the very reason the drivers are quitting left and right (other than because their trucks break down all the time)...they can't get the attention they need/require because there's too many of them to one Driver Manager. Hire more Driver Manager's, and lessen the amount of drivers assigned to each manager, and you will see a significant change in the company, the morale of the employees, and a better retention status.

We had our ups and down but for most part it is a very good company to work for.

I worked at USA Truck

Pros

they kept their word, they're always there to help you. brakedowns really good, and When they send out a message to you if you did not respond they would call you on phone just to check on you. pay was not bad they kept you moving if you wanted the miles they had them

Cons

its up to you .

USA Truck Photos