USA Truck

www.usa-truck.com

USA Truck Reviews

Updated Jul 10, 2014
USA Truck – US – “My Office”

John M. Simone

We had our ups and down but for most part it is a very good company to work for.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosthey kept their word, they're always there to help you. brakedowns really good, and When they send out a message to you if you did not respond they would call you on phone just to check on you. pay was not bad they kept you moving if you wanted the miles they had them

Consits up to you .

Run, run as fast as you can...

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsStill thinking...still thinking...oh they did reimburse me for driving to orientation at the rate of a bus ticket...and the showers had hot water.

ConsCould care less who you are. Waited two weeks for a trainer after orientation. For what? Some 'supertrucker' who thought he was God's gift to trucking. Had all kind of anger issues and said nothing good about the company. Asked for another trainer. All his training countered all I was taught by certified instructors and training I've received with new company. Thank God I only wasted a little over a month with these bottom feeders.

Advice to Senior ManagementStart a new training program with true instructors, not 'supertruckers' who are just looking for extra money and have zero teaching ability.

Terrible place to work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Van Buren, AR

ProsThere really are no good things to say about this company

ConsThis company doesn't value employees. The turnover in the office is unreal. The management seems to feel that people are just expendable commodities. Most of the Management team commutes to Van Buren, AR from Dallas, TX. They are outsourcing all of the work they can.

Advice to Senior ManagementDo the company a favor and resign. Let the new Board members replace you with more competent and ethical leaders.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

If this is your "entry" into trucking, beware!!! Get training funds from your state, instead of them.

Driver (Former Employee) Van Buren, AR

ProsThey want you. (fresh meat in a jobless market). They have training. (Yep, an extortion tool that puts you on the line for Thousands of Dollars) You are your own boss. (When your at home, which is conveniently brushed aside as if your life has no significance) Make up to $40,000 in your first year! (Up to, Ya right! They have you coming and going) The checks never total over $300 per week.

ConsA big advertisement campaign for desparate job seekers who end up suckered and used. The brainwashing from their culture in the dispatch office tries to make you feel as if your in grade school. The positive (fake) affirmations like Hey Big Dog!!!!! Ya, see if they say that when threats of dumping you on the road happen because you want lunch. Keep the left door shut is what I was told. Treats you like a little kid.

You will be extorted folks. How?
    .If you quit = no unemployment
    .If you quit=no favorable DAC report
    If you quit=no good job review for your next job
    If you quit=you owe $6000 and counting future interest if unpaid
    If you quit=you ruin your credit score from that dumb loan. Its more than the $3900 price advertised once you get suckered.
    They will even try to dump you off on the road where you sit or stand by taking the truck.

What you will feel preassured to do... Lie on your time sheets, Lie on your vehicle condition, Say yes to everything some dope behind a LCD screen deems possible, and it is not always possible. I wouldn't be the liar they wanted. Public safety is too important. More important than some sweatshop on wheels.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe Qualcomm offered ideal truckers who stayed on the road for a month straight with no frustration a picture of them with the CEO if they became employee of the month. Oh my What a treasure! After obtaining a picture of myself with the CEO, I think all my earthly ambitions would be fulfilled. What a stupid arrogant culture. Try concerning yourselves with driver safety and rest. You $$$$ hungry scammers.

Run from this place!

Driver (Former Employee) Van Buren, AR

ProsOur dispatcher was amazing. She tried very hard to keep us moving and get us home when we needed to get home.

ConsThe weekend and over-night dispatchers ignored the phone, treated us like crap, and over all just sucked. Ifyou need an aadvance on mondays to get food, plan on starving. They give a $100.00 advance on tuesday and they would rather you starve out here than release that money early. When you are hired they tell you that you get your bonuses on every 10, 000 miles but what they do not tell you is that it is loaded miles. We ended up running about 26, 000 miles before we got our first bonus. Good luck getting your truck fixed properly, we got a bad batch of def. They drained the tank and sent us on our way. Two days later we were stuck waiting to get into the shop because engine derated itself. I do not think our apu worked the entire time we worked for them. Got stuck sleeping in -10* because night crew could not find us a hotel that was cheap enough and apu heater did not work. Could not run truck for heat because truck has a 5 minute idle. Will not be going back. Stay as far away from them as you can.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhy dont you hire some old school drivers for dispatch, if a driver needs a larger truck because his wife stays on the road with him just give it up....

Very Good

Sales (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsOne of the best sales jobs in brokerage

ConsNo where else to go unless I want to leave Dallas.

Advice to Senior ManagementGood turnaround. Great job.

Okay to start out with, but keep your options open

Truck Driver (Former Employee) Marysville, OH

ProsOkay starter carrier

Average run is about 800 to 1000 miles

I averaged 2700

The pay is actually good for a large carrier that trains drivers

I'm still friends with my trainer to this day (I'm told I got lucky though by other current and former USA drivers...)

ConsSevere lack of communication. They will not answer the phone or qualcomm in a timely manner on ANYTHING. You can expect to be on hold for 30 minutes or more even on urgent matters requiring immediate attention.

Trucks are governed at 62 or 63. If they are unsatisfied with your fuel economy or idle time they will cut you down to 59.

That ad in the trucking papers where they say you can "bank your home time" is an outright lie. You get 1 day of home time for every 7 days worked, can only bank up to 4 (If you work more than 28 days at a time you don't accumulate any more home time)

They will drag their feet getting you home when you're due for home time. I stayed out for 28 days at a time so I could have 4 days. They always tried to call me on the second or third day to get me to leave early. I finally stopped answering my phone if it was them while on home time.

They will try to write you up for things you're not even guilty of, that they can't even prove.

a horrible mistake i wish i could take back

Company Driver (Former Employee)

Prosnothing worth mentioning except they did give me a job.

Constheir equipment is in bad shape and the dispatchers do not care for the drivers

Advice to Senior Managementclean the trucks inside as well as out before sending a driver out

Sad to see good company ran into the ground.

Sales (Former Employee) Van Buren, AR

ProsGood pay and good benefits.

ConsForgot about the customer and what pays the bills.

I'm caught in the middle . I get decent miles but dealing with dispatch, and maintainance ,well

OTR Driver (Current Employee) Van Buren, AR

ProsI have worked for USA for almost 2 yrs. now and my 1st year I worked intermodal in California , when the company could no longer compete with local companies they gave me the opportunity to go over the road which I thought was a good jesture by them . and that's about it I get decent miles but ,I have to beg plead rant and rave to get them and fleetmanager acts like i'm pulling out teeth

Constrying to get good miles closer to home without being sent all the way to east coast because ,quote the fleet manager says " that's where all the loads are " then when you get out there you're competing with 65 % of the usa fleet and every other co. that's out there and not getting the miles you need to make a living and end up barely scraping by at home and not being able to afford to go home when it's time for home time. then hearing there are no loads west and when you finally get home your paycheck is so small that you can't even afford to stay home for the days alotted by the company. and it's funny usually the fleet manager will call you on the 2nd day asking you If you're going to stay out the time or saying we have aload for you out but you have to pick the load up the day before your home time is up . oh 1 other thing reimbursal and things like vacation pay arriving in a timely manner or when requested the attitude of the fleetmanager and payroll is you'll get it whenever. Maintaintance and repairs are a whole , other story when the trucks broke ,it's broke this company could save so much money stopping the bandaid mechanics and legitimitly repairing the trucks ; perfect example my truck althought I am not the greatest driver in the world I know the machine that the company give me to make a living in is my money maker so I take care of my peterbilt (BLUTO) it's a good truck, back in may I was having egr trouble and BLUTO was down for 3 days in vandailia ohiothey put on a new egr valve but left it in the off position this valve controls a vital coolant flow to the egr cooler when ou tell the mechanic you're losing coolant this is a quick fix that can cause unrepairable damage later down the road , guesswhat 6months later bluto is in the shop for an egr cooler replacement that is going to cost the company that much more because now it's being done by outside sources.

Advice to Senior Managementeliminate the complacency , inspire the drier managers and such to get the driver as many miles as they can handle train the load planners to stack loads up on drivers drivers like to know where they are headed next before they get to their deliveries get rid of these brokers who only seem to find east coast loads emember we are USA TRUCK not east coast trucking I take a certain amount of pride in the fact that I drive for a company with this title.

Worked for USA Truck? Contribute to the Community!