USABG Reviews

Updated August 11, 2014
Updated August 11, 2014
4.2

Don Duryea

Thanks for giving an "old guy" a shot at this great opportunity!

Current Employee - Signature Level Senior Broker (Program Placement) in Carlsbad, CA

I have been working at USABG full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I concur with everything that was previously written about USABG on Glassdoor. I am a retired NYC corrections officer. After I left the force, I wanted a second career so when the opportunity arose to work in virtual insurance with USABG I accepted the opportunity and I have never looked back.

Cons

The position has given me a second lease on life!! The training was a challenge for me. iI had not been in school for over 50 years and the only other schooling that I have done since that time was different certification for my job as a correction officer. I took me time to learn how to navigate the internet platform that the company uses however I am thankful that all of my USABG instructors were patient, detailed and helpful in providing me all the education I need to perform my job.

Talk to HR and tell them to start recruiting the senior market. There are many people like myself who are older...recently retired and are looking for a second job. A position where you can work from home and sell insurance on online platform to clientele all over of the country is great.
    What’s great is that many of my group the "older crew" worked in industry, finance,, education etc for years so we can use our years of experience when identifying a solution our customers insurance needs.
    Furthermore, know with my bad knee it would be a nightmare driving all over the metro area trying to customers would be impossible. Thanks again for giving me this opportunity.

Blessed to have the opportunity!!

Current Employee - Program Placement Senior Level Broker in Winter Haven, FL
    Current Employee - Program Placement Senior Level Broker in Winter Haven, FL

I have been working at USABG full-time (more than an year)

Pros

This is the first company that I have worked for where I can confidently say that I can't imagine leaving for another job.
    After 2 years I make an excellent salary and I am not scared of getting laid off like some of my peers from college.
     I am talking with people all over the country who need IMMEDIATE guidance finding the right solutions for their insurance needs.
    The majority of my work is conducted from my home office which is added benefit!!! I am great-full that each day I am work for USA Benefits Group!!

Cons

Things can get busy -- which is a great thing!! Its important to learn to manage the work/life balance especially for a new mom like myself!!!

Continue doing what your doing!!! always make sure that your brokers from entry level, to program placements and signature level agents are all well advised in all aspects of training and promotion of our services to continually progress and move our company forward!!!

Exceptional organization with excellent employees!!

Current Employee - Signature Level Senior Broker in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Signature Level Senior Broker in Chicago, IL

I have been working at USABG full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Pros – Unlimited income opportunity, earn renewal income and vesting
    We represent a very broad range of insurance companies. There isn't a policy we can't write!!
    Working with intelligent overachievers that want to help you grow professionally and personally
    Freedom to set your own schedule.

Cons

Since I am working from home on a virtual basis I miss the personal connection with my co-workers. I do see them at company events including award ceremonies and trips which is great!! . Everyone in the organization is always willing to go the extra mile.

Continue to demand the best from all your employees.
    Monitor those that are not producing to our high standards and guide them so they can improve. Continue to offer EXCELLENT incentives so we always have goals to which we can aspire!!

I am very pleased to work for this organization!!

Current Employee - Signature Level Senior Broker Position (Program Placement) in Huntington Beach, CA

I have been working at USABG full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

My career with USABG is very rewarding. I have worked for USABG.
    The training I received for the signature level senior broker position was excellent and I use it daily.
    My co-workers are great they are competitive and intelligent...although I we work individually..its great to know that everyone is excelling and driven to work to the best of their abilities.
    I have met many of my coworkers going on trips together and they seem to be as happy as I am.
    This is like any other position and there people that will excel and there are those that will not do as well since they don't put in the effort as the others do.

Management has a lot of experience and this further strengthens the organization. Customer satisfaction is their 1# goal!!!
    Like any other job..there is a direct correlation in how much effort you put in and how much get back in return!!

Cons

so far i don't have any drawback...be prepared to go through the two weeks of intense..comprehensive training.

The Leadership within USABG is excellent they want nothing more than for you to excel. Maintain this focus and aim to surpass the great work already established.

solid organization- great income.

Current Employee - Senior Level Insurance Sales Agent in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Senior Level Insurance Sales Agent in Denver, CO

I have been working at USABG full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I am getting to talk to 15-25 clients a day or more directly about their policy needs by working with them directly through their online platform.
    The organization has all kinds of great incentives for agents to meet their sales goals.. I also like the level of competition within the organization...its always there and those who want to excel grasp this and move forward. Others may be content to work at a steady pace which is fine if that's your goal. The organization really supports and rewards those that hit their targets.

Cons

You have to work hard..and commit your self to the training. Naturally if you want to reap the rewards then you have to to roll up your sleeves and work..nothing is given for free.

1.) continue to steadily grow the organization.
    2.) offer more senior level (signature agent positions) for candidates throughout the country

The worst" sales call" I ever heard

I worked at USABG as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Stopped the process in the contracting phase

Cons

After listening to a "weekly meeting (sales call)" on line...I was SHOCKED at the lies and half truths espoused......want to help folks with their health insurance...this isn't the place. They were talking about the 16K health plans thru the ACA ( a bold faced lie) and how their "bridge" ( non compliant) plans were the answer........Essentially Fox News could have run the sales call it was so riddled with out and out lies

Stop the hyperbole

Very solid place, great training

Current Employee - Agent in Dublin, OH
    Current Employee - Agent in Dublin, OH

I have been working at USABG

Pros

Great place, solid management. lots of opportunity

Cons

initial and recurrent monthly expenses, not for someone who has little starting capital.

Keep up the good work.

Left out in the cold

Former Employee - Sales Agent in Florida, Camagüey (Cuba)
    Former Employee - Sales Agent in Florida, Camagüey (Cuba)

I worked at USABG full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Lots of promises, no substance. Training was mediocre, then the appointment phase, which was kind of obscure as to who or what to apply for. Then you're out the door, wondering what and where to go. No clue as to which leads were the best to purchase and then the website proclaimed that the "better" leads were always sold to the TOP performers and the scrap leads sold to the rest of us.

Cons

Management was literally all for themselves. The weekly sales meeting was all blowing smoke up each others parts and how wonderful they were and so on. The "B" leads were a scam. Understandibly they are "B" leads and be used already. BUT! When you purchase those leads and every loving one of them has already been contacted, at least 10 times, those precious "B" leads aren't worth squat. and thats important went you are running near empty on cash and need, at least a couple out of 100 to pan out.